Leo AMD demo runs slow at the beginning

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Billerdo, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Billerdo

Billerdo Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 1gb
    As title, my videocard play this demo very well with an average of 25-30 fps (with my old 6850 the average was 13 fps), but i have a strange problem, since the demo runs very slow at the beginning with an average of 5-7 fps for 10 second, then all return to the normal average. Could it be an hardware related problem? Or a cpu bottleneck?

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Maybe it's more graphically intense at the beginning

Maybe it's still loading the demo for the first few seconds

3. haz_mat

haz_mat Master Guru

GPU:
    1070 FE
    In addition to what he said above, I was also going to suggest trying older/different drivers. I'd imagine that most driver patches overlook demos like this and might even lower performance in some versions.

On a side note, that demo is pretty cool. Lots of neat tricks that we may see in the mainstream soon.

4. Billerdo

Billerdo Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 1gb
    I tried with the latest driver, and even with the 13.6 beta 2, and the "problem" happen with all the driver. Some times the demo runs fast since the beginning, so i guess that can be as Extraordinary said, the demo that load the environment. The only important thing is that it's not hardware related. Thanks all