lego harry potter 5-7 stuttering?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by deets75, Nov 27, 2011.

1. mathesar

mathesar New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    Long shot here but did anyone ever figure out how to stop the stuttering in this game?

I recently purchased it and having the 30fps issue as well, even if I disable Vsync the game will run 200-300fps (according to FRAPS) but frequently drops to 30fps out of nowhere which causes the unwelcome stuttering.

Other Lego games such as the recent Lego Batman 2 DC don't have this issue.

Edit: Forcing triple buffering with D3DOverrider seems to be the best bet, it reduces the symptoms at least. I got it from here.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  2. Quatrix

Quatrix Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    I suspect that it's a universal game bug and most people just don't notice or don't care. It's very annoying and only slightly better with triple buffering. It has nothing to do with hardware or drivers.

3. Jamie T

Jamie T Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    I know this is a mega bump.
    But I've just started playing this game and even in 2015 in a master race machine it's still relevant.

Got allot of random fps drops.
    I tried vsync off, vsync 30hz, vysync on and it doesn't matter.

I'm afraid this will ruin my entire experience :(
    Completed Lego Harry Potter Year 1-4 100% and never had 1 moment of lag so I don't need how a year later they mess it up and still isn't fixed by now.

I bought it on DVD a while ago so I can't get a refund either even if I wanted that.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I have performance problems with Lego LOTR. I couldn't enjoy the game because I had to choose between tearing or drops to 30 fps. Dunno how to fix it. Setting an fps cap didn't help much with the former.

5. René Jensen

René Jensen New Member

GPU:
    GTX 2080 8G
    Welcome to 2020 where the issue still persists, shows how little devs cared about the community

6. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    What about Vsync off ingame + vsync forced on in your gpu control panel? Dunno if that's been suggested already.