Legit Reviews - fun

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Romiz, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Romiz

Romiz Guest

If you watched the team folding Legit Reviews was come at us like a bat out of hell. But now they are folding same as us. It turns out they had a folding war against another team and won. I was like wow can you imagine their power bills since it was only 200 people getting 15 million folds in one month. That is up from that teams normal 4 million a month. To compare Guru3d is now folding at avg 6 million a month, not bad.

Just wonder how much power are your systems pulling with the 56xx plus ATI and Nvidia 26x plus cards. Folding my Pentium D with Nvidia 9600GT, Green Edition, draws 148 W (HDTV turned off) (1) If I did not play games a lot this GPU gives 3100 PPD running at 90%.

(1) Reading Watts from APC BR1500LCD (Great UPS)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2010
  2. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+RX580 8GB OC
    well not surprised as guru3d has 1889 members of its F@H team but only 171 of those are still actively folding thats less than 10% and legits crew has a guy darkstar dd who's doin 54k points a day where the 3 top folders for us aren't even doing that totaled together = 41517pts in 24hrs thats still less than their LR second best is doin 45,457

3. Romiz

Romiz Guest

LOL Athlonite I am glad not paying darkstar_dd electric bill.. He did doubled he production last month to 1.6 million. That makes you wonder if he is not running 2 PCs with 6 GPUs each.

I wish had bookmarked one of the top folders. All can remember is he has 10 PCs with 6 GPU cores each and folding none stop.. The room was so hot he added a extra AC unit to that room. You maybe looking at a $500 USD or more monthly power bill. I hope he has solar power panels like guru3d does to help offset the huge power footprint.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2010
  4. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+RX580 8GB OC
    yup powers not to much of a problem here in the NZ mines around $170nzd a month and if i pay it within ten days of getting the bill i get a rather nice 34% discount so i always make sure its in credit but I'd certainly hate to see it if i was doing 54k a week let alone a day thats just ridiculous

5. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+RX580 8GB OC
    holy power bill batman this guy matsu from maximumpc's folding group did 112,012 points for 03-01-2010 67WU's in one fricken day 100k i'd like to see that setup i'd also like to see the power bill

6. Romiz

Romiz Guest

Ok I found a high folding persons rig.. Are you ready!! This guy is doing 2 MILLION folds a week! Yes 2 million that is more than all of us at guru3d combined are doing. He even noted that is not all of his computers.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=359464

[​IMG]

Source: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?topic=79420.0

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
  7. yoyo69

yoyo69 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 Sli
    It is infact 9 million points for the last 3 months, 2 million a week. SUPER COOL.

8. Romiz

Romiz Guest

And yoyo did you see them are only 8800 GT cards. It makes you wonder what he would get with the Nvidia 280s in there.

(112 vs. 240 cuda cores) or (2 million vs 4.3 million folds per week)

9. Roostitup

Roostitup Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 275 SLI 713/1584/1242
    Since you asked my 2x GTX 275 and 3.2 Q9450 are pulling just under 500 watts. Recently I have been folding more than usual (24/7) and my power bill went up $75 more than average this month. I think I'm going to tame down the folding this month, just can't justify it.

10. Roostitup

Roostitup Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 275 SLI 713/1584/1242

11. yoyo69

yoyo69 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 Sli
    He is living our dream.. the lucky B*****D....

12. Romiz

Romiz Guest

Ouch I can see the reason. But I can see the reason 7.5x more Cuda cores but bad part 10x the wattage of the 9600 GT 59 Watts. In a way that is a boo to Nvidia wattage use to graphics power increase it off. Looks like they need to make the die even smaller :).

13. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+RX580 8GB OC
    i can't wait to see what the gpu3 core is going to do for the ATI cards mine just seems crippled i know its cappable of more just the gpu2 core sucks i also noticed theres been a few core updates for nVidia but nothing for ati for a while... oh well that goes on lol

on page two of that post for leganfuhs farm he states what the power bill is get ready to wet ur pants ............... $400.00 - $450.00 a month in electricity.......thats just for those PC's ummm no thanks i'll stick to my $145 per month thankyou very much

14. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+RX580 8GB OC
    the ati vs nvidia gpu power use is starting to look alot like amd vs intel was a few years back

more speed and more power or less speed and more efficient power usage

my 2x HD2600xt drew 150W's maxed out 512PPD but my 1x HD5770 only draws 108W's maxed out and does 6.693483365949119x as much PPD for 38W's less power usage

15. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+RX580 8GB OC
    and it looks as if LR are making a run at us guys again

16. Romiz

Romiz Guest

Well they are not folding to overtake like their last battle challenge. They are just a little over us about 50k a day. But even with that will get us in 22 to 30 hours from this post. 1:00am GMT.

If you have a poor education here is time converter. I was from a time USA still had a great primary school system (70s) so learned this in 5th and 9th grades. :eek:ver:

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010
  17. Leafblower

Leafblower Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 SLI