Leaked List Of Windows 10 Game IDs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 4, 2016.

1. deets75

deets75 Guest

lordy, all those who say they wont buy a game if its not on steam, thanks so much for being the problem. which is why steam will charge a bucket more for games, because they know a % of their users are just blind fools.

2. Australis

Australis Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
  3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Have you ever searched for discounts dude? Just cause people want the game on steam doesn't mean people have to buy it on steam and there's the difference...choice.

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Okay, so we're all gonna calm down. I don't want anymore rude posts, slam posts against anything, and certainly no more talk of cracks.

5. deets75

deets75 Guest

dark souls 3 for example. £40 pretty much everywhere thats legit.

but then, amazingly, I found the DVD online for a third cheaper than the steam price. and that goes for SF V and others.

it seems like a % of PC folk truly want PC gaming to be as expensive as possible and care more about steam than they do actually playing and enjoying games.

6. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    On every single occasion I've had to contact steam support, they've gotten back to me within one day and my issue has been resolved. Anyone claiming steam support is rubbish clearly either doesn't know how to use it or is simply trolling.

7. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    It's not illegal to use a "noDVD" exe (which is basically what we're talking about) when you own the game. Just like it's not illegal to download a digital copy of a movie you own on DVD.

8. deets75

deets75 Guest

haha :) Ive had major problems with them before....

9. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti
    Its obviously not just "it has to be on steam." Its "as long as its not on the Windows 10 store." Have you been following whats even going on? The restrictions buying games from the Windows store even has? They are taking so much of what pc gaming is and telling you what you can and cant do with your computer. They are turning your $1k computer into a xbone and saying deal with it. No mod support, forced vsync, no overlays (which means alot of mouse and keyboard software, video capture software, video and chat, etc), your nvidia/crimson control panel even has limited functionality meaning you cannot control graphics settings with that $600 video card you have. No xfire/sli support. And if you spent money on Gsync/Freesync, sorry kid, its not gonna work either.

So because I want to buy my games on Steam makes me a fool based on the fact that at least I retain the ability to play the game like I want to? That I get to use the hardware I payed for in my own computer? I really want to play Quantum Break, but why would I support a platform that takes what makes pc gaming great and throws it out the Window10?

It is possible that some of these issues may be addressed or already being worked on. But the fact that it takes massive amounts of external pressure for them to do it, that they would crap on us so hard from the get go is terrible. Even if they do fix things, why support something that wants to treat you like a 10 year old turd from the start?

10. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    It's so bad it almost seems like MS is trying to suicide their own new baby from the start.

...would be funny if the implications of them being able to force their crap on the industry & us gamers weren't so horrifying :s

GOG have the right idea and I'm glad so many games see fit to release from this platform I need to pay more attention to.

Steam has its place now in the world, it was seen as pure evil on release by Many, killed PC games stores (and the new games still cost full price with no box and extra goodies etc, even though it faces none of those hardcopy + distribution costs there used to be >_<), and perhaps yet helped save PC gaming by giving content developers confidence in a semi theft free games platform.
    - but its still has its evil ways today that people often overlook

- 30% cut
    - On account holder death, Steam account + content ownership nullified. (your kids don't get to keep your game collection) though ofc how would they Know...

11. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Wow, I didn't know my kids wouldn't be able to take over my account. That does taint my thoughts about steam.

Back on topic. MS rumoured to be closing 8 studios (lionhead was one of them).

12. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    If I decide I want a game, I'll get it no matter how it's distributed. I have Steam, GoG Galaxy, Origin, and UPlay all installed and they all work fine as far as I'm concerned. Would I buy from the Windows Store? Sure, if the price was right. I've been getting my games lately from key sellers like Green Man, G2A, and Kinguin and so far there have been no problems. I even bought a Win 7 Home Premium OEM key for $16 that activated by phone with no issue. Of course it is tied to that specific machine.
    I got Witcher 3 right after release for $35.99 from Green Man and it activated on GoG and I just recently got Far Cry: Primal on a pre-order from GM for the same $35.99 price and it activated immediately on Uplay. I just shop around for the best price on what I'm interested in. I got Steam keys for Shadow of Mordor and AC:Black Flag for very low cost (under $10) and they activated fine although I haven't started playing either one yet. I'm too wrapped up in FC Primal and Twilight Princess at the moment.

I find the prospect of being able to play multiplayer games with people on both Win 10 PC's and Xbox consoles to be very intriguing and don't see it as hurting either platform.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  13. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I expect when the ownership has existed for long enough alarm bells will start ringing. It'll be interesting when we start to see that, when do they start checking up? When the account is 80 years old, or 100? Are we going to have to send in I.D to prove we're geriatrics?

14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    A little late to the party but... I can't even disable vsync?

Damn, 0 sales to me then. I never ever use vsync, I despise the input latency it causes.

15. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    yup, might get away with it for a generation and a bit I guess. Though I'm Really hoping they change their stance on this one. I heard about thsi one before they opened up the family game sharing ability, so perhaps they are close to rethinking the Death of Games thing. One can hope :)

16. sabbede

sabbede Member

GPU:
    EVGA NV260-216; 8600GTS
    They should have stopped the series after 14822C0D9D6BF.

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Nothing in there i play or plan to play :)

Also, i got rid of the Store aswell as the Xbox App (go away bloatware!)