Leadtek Winfast A6600GT Temps help

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by kernell3200, Jul 13, 2005.

1. kernell3200

kernell3200 Active Member

GPU:
    Leadtek / A6600 GT/128Mb (580/1.06)
    Hi.

mi Problem is that reading some of the threads on this forum i noticed that many 6600GT users claim their temps are around 35C-40C idle and aroun 45c-70c under full load..

so i have a 6600GT from leadtek, mi idle temps are 42c and the full load temps after 10 minuts playing is around 80c-87c.

IT THIS IS GOING TO FRY MY CARD_?¡¡???

i use riva tuner to monitor mi temps.

also whit a overclock 565 / 1050 , the temps goes to 85c-94c under full load is this bad or its normal????

Can leadtek a6600GT users post their temps please

sorry my bad english not my native languaje

Last edited: Jul 13, 2005
  2. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Hey man,

Those temps are alright, its probably due to the fact that ur down in Mexico and ur system doesnt have great air circulation (Air movment)

BTW I HATE LEADTEK, THEY IS TEH SUCK

3. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX 7600
    If it helps any, I have a Gigabyte 6600GT, and get the same sort of temps. One thing that I did do, was to email Gigabyte and ask about the auto slowdown setting in the control panel, mine auto-detects at 145°C. Anyway, this is the response I got back from Gigabyte,

So if your Leadtek is anything like my Gigabyte, I don't think that you have anything to worry about.

Also, as Cybermarine said, if you have insufficient case cooling, that to will have an effect on temps.

4. kernell3200

GPU:
    ok
    thanks
    i am going to make a hole in my case and plug a fan near the vid card

thanks

5. dismal

dismal Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6600GT AGP / 81.94
    simple solution

two words- "SLOT FAN"

-

If you have never used a PCI Slot Fan before then you have no idea what you are missing. Not only will it drop at least 15C off your video card but your entire case and processor too. It forces almost all of the hot air from a video card out of the case while drawing fresh air to it. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY PEOPLE BITCH ABOUT TEMPS AND DON'T EVEN HAVE A SLOT FAN UNDER THE VIDEO CARD. Insanity!

Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835888003

6. thevoid

thevoid Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek GeForce 6600GT + FX 5700
    Those temperatures a perfectly OK for the 6600GT... the card can go up tu 127 grades celsius... just check in the drivers... that`s the max. temperature allowed. So no need to worry.

On the other hand, a slot cooler right below the card would help overclocking a lot. :D

7. Kain

Kain Ancient Guru

WELL, I think theyre a little high.
    Are you using the stock cooler?

8. kernell3200

GPU:
    Enermax fan $3.99

$4.99 FedEx Saver Shipping

WTF__???????

lol

this slot fan get hot air out of the case or get fresh air into the case????

9. dismal

dismal Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6600GT AGP / 81.94
    newegg always charges $4.99 for items that do not cost much. if you are in mexico i do not think they will ship to you. just go to a local computer store. a slot fan is a blower, it grabs all the hot air from under your video card and sucks the hot air right out of your case.