419.62 Vulkan Dev Win 10 x64 SLIM + 1.1.101.0 RT Installer: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Exostenza, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    [​IMG]

Previous changes in 4xx.xx series drivers:

• March 1st, 2019 - Windows 419.34
    • Fixes:
      • Fixes intermittent crash on startup with some content on Windows
      • Fixed a bug which could cause the compiler to crash in some Vulkan games
    • February 19th, 2019 - Windows 419.09

• Fixes:
        • Hitman 2 visual corruption on Linux when running with dxvk translation
        • Total War Warhammer II crash or hang when using Alt-Tab on Linux

• December 14th, 2018 - Windows 417.42
        • Improvements:
          • Expose two transfer queues on Pascal and above
          • Increase maximum point size to 2047
          • Increate maximum line width to 64
        • Fixes:
          • Fixed issue with vkCmdDrawIndirectCountKHR and vkCmdDrawIndexedIndirectCountKHR and very large counts.
          • Fixed issue with Sascha Willems "pushconstants" example.

Latest nVidia Vulkan Driver Homepage

419.62 Vulkan Win 10 x64 SLIM (No bloat & no GFE)

Download Vulkan SLIM RTX add-on here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Vulkan Runtime Libraries:

The latest Vulkan RT is usually not available with the latest nVidia drivers. While if the newest RT is not technically supported by the latest nVidia driver, installing the newest RT will gain you the latest bug fixes. Having the latest RT installed, even if not running the nVidia Vulkan specific drivers, will always be of benefit.

Vulkan RT 1.1.101.0 Download - March 01, 2019

Changes Since 1.0.97.0

VK_EXT_filter_cubic
    VK_NV_dedicated_allocation_image_aliasing
    VK_NV_cooperative_matrix
    VK_EXT_depth_clip_enable

• Bug fixes (see the SDK Components section)
    • Improved validation coverage
    Latest RT Homepage

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  2. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    vulkan RT is already in the "Display.driver" folder that already exist in the three method of installation according to your pic "you can't delete this folder anyway" so why upload it again or do i miss anything ??

3. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    EDIT: The best answer to this is that the latest Vulkan RT is usually not available with the latest nVidia drivers. While if the newest RT is not technically supported by the latest nVidia driver, installing the newest RT will gain you the latest bug fixes. So, having the latest RT installed will always be of benefit.

Old Answer: Because it won't install it unless you install the driver straight from the original package or you do it yourself. I don't run the original installer as I unpack it and install what I want so nVidia doesn't install the Vulkan drivers. I didn't realize this until the other day. Just trying to help some people out.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  4. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    Hmm, I've been doing this forever now and vulkan is installed every single time.
    I remove all folders except NVI2, PhysX and Display.Driver - then I install the driver using setup.exe, do a custom clean install, select everything and done. Vulkan gets installed every time. Am I missing something here...

-Tj-, Vidik and norton like this.

5. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    i always use DDU before installing a new driver and using the free of crap method and every time the vulkan rt gets installed no problem with this at all and playing vulkan games such as Doom and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus with no problem or i miss something ?? i have no problem with uploading a separate installer i just asking if i do something wrong

6. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Strange as I do the same but didn't have Vulkan installed so I had to seek it out myself to get the new Wolfenstein to work.

7. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 8G
    I use the regular drivers and Vulkan stopped installing automatically since the last 3 driver updates so I manually install it from the Graphics.Driver folder

8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If someone doesn't know this, you can always get the latest version of VulkanRT from Lunar-G's Vulkan SDK: https://vulkan.lunarg.com/

pegasus1, Lilith, AsiJu and 1 other person like this.
  9. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
    i installed the latest SDK but i don't know why vulkan games and geeks 3d always report v 1.0.56
    [​IMG]

10. Ital

Ital Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    Because that's the API version the current Nvidia driver supports. The current driver doesn't support Vulkan features higher than 1.0.56 even if you install a higher version of the Vulkan Runtime.

dr_rus and norton like this.

11. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    OP updated with:

Vulkan Runtime Libraries 1.0.65.0 up to date from the nVidia Win 10 390.65 x64 driver.

I also added 390.65 Win 10 x64 desktop minimalistic package pre-made in rar format.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  12. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Sorry to say OP but you got two things wrong, one, the latest version is 1.0.65.1, and two, Vulkan IS installing, but since a few versions ago it is intentionally not shown in the installed programs list.

-Tj- likes this.
  13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I think the official runtime does that too, although come to think of it I never stripped out the 1.0.65.1 ones from the full SDK though it's just some smaller fixes to the installer itself as I remember from the changelog and nothing for the Vulkan loader or .dll files.
    (Which well the driver whether AMD or Nvidia likely have their own Vulkan files but sometimes the runtime fixes a few bugs and not just support for new extensions and such.)

It can still be seen via something like CCleaner or you can just go to the C:\ Program Files folder and the Vulkan sub folders and run the uninstaller from there to remove it, which I tend to do since this system uses the Highlander rules and there can only be one. :p
    (Don't really need more than the latest runtime since it's backwards compatible after all, maybe for the SDK itself and programming or debugging through different versions but regular users likely have no need of that.)

14. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    All I know is that Wolfenstein 2 wouldn't run until I manually installed Vulkan because it was not recognising it as installed. I thought I would put it up here for people in case they ever need it. Also, no you are wrong. Extract the driver and look in the display.driver folder. nVidia provides 1.0.65.0 not 1.0.65.1. I am providing the one nVidia provides with their driver not from any other source. If you install the VulkanRT from the nVidia driver it will show up in your program files as that version.

15. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    For me it installed, Wolfenstein 2 worked . but I can't see the Vulkan Installer in Add/Remove programs. but all the DLLs are in System32 and SysWOW64 weird.

And there are vulkan files in ProgramFiles (x86) \ vulkanRT\ 1.0.65.0

I used the DDU and minimal Installation

16. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Updated OP with 390.77 "Free of Crap" package and the latest version of Vulkan that came with the drivers (still the same version but I changed it out nevertheless).

17. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Nope, still wrong. https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home#windows
    The official runtime is in the SDK package. You can replace the one in the nvidia folder with this one (keep the name Nvidia uses).

I'd delete the HD Audio folder unless you're playing through TV speakers (eww) and the PhysX folder as well since it's pretty much dead and eats FPS on the older games it runs on.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  18. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I like to use the latest nVidia approved version of Vulkan, don't need the SDK as I am not a developer (which is why I install the latest run-time - not the SDK, and I do use the TV speakers when I play couch games with my friends as I have 6 controllers; we play multiplayer games on the TV a lot. As for the PhysX I am pretty sure a lot of games still use it and will continue to install it unless you can point me somewhere that I can read about your claims.

Thanks

19. sirDaniel

sirDaniel Guest

GPU:
    940MX
    It was same with Intel drivers. After Installations of nvidia and intel drivers, i was ending up with two different vulkan runtimes all the time. Thats probably why they gave up with this and from some time i have no entry in Programs and Features. Games and vulkan demos works anyway. So it must be that runtime is installed anyway, just few dll in system folders or so, like with ocl.
    Its something with Wolfenstein game that does not detect runtimes correctly, or need some additional vulkan files that devs forgot to remove from requirement. Also, question with what version nvidia drivers you tried vulkan applications, because two last versions have problem reporting vulkan support - which you fix with adding one registry entry https://forums.rpcs3.net/thread-197839.html

20. clouttechie

clouttechie Guest

GPU:
    Nividia
    Normally when you install Vulkan run times, it copies "nv-vk64.json" and "nvoglv64.dll" (I can't check the name of this one from here) and the 32 bit versions to "/Windows/system32/" and then sets the registry in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Khronos \ Vulkan \ Drivers" to have a dword named as the path to the json file.

While there is this problem with installing Vulkan, it's sufficient, rather than manually copying files to system32, just to point to the json in the driverstore folder in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Khronos \ Vulkan \ Drivers". The json points to the folder it is stored in for the required dll files, and the correct files are beside it in the driverstore.

But in case there is variation in the folder in the driverstore, check in "/windows/system32/driverstore /" for the location of the json file in the newest driver folder,and confirm its in the registry.

Oh but after setting the location in registry, you need to reboot or run vulkaninfo.exe which is in a sub folder in "/program files (x86)/Vulkan RT/". Them Vulkan should correctly appear in RPCS3.