Latest information on Crossfire

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by BarrettF77, Sep 16, 2005.

1. BarrettF77

BarrettF77 Banned

GPU:
    Ati X800 XT P.E. w/ Arctic Cooling Silencer 5
    outlined here, http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26228

States that it cannot refresh at above 60 hz at 1600x1200 or above 52hz at 1920x1200 either. Says that it still looks good on a tft, but I know that ATI kinda screwed the pooch on this round. I know I was really bummed as I love to see some good competition, meanwhile NV has dual 16x pci coming soon. Guess you gotta live and learn.

And.... LOL you have by this time next year direct x 9.0 L with shader model 4.0 already. They boys up north sure dont have it easy right now, I really feel for them.

2. Orlandoe211

Orlandoe211 Guest

sucks for them...

they pick up their balls and get it going already! crossfire? more like under friendlyfire!

3. Ehecu

Ehecu Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5750
    True, true... It would appear that way I suppose...

*Intel

Poor decisions lead to such things... It really depresses me that they're spending more time trying to catch up to nVidia than they are looking to the future. Well, it seems that way anyway... For all we know the R580 could be well under development. Pretty big "could" though...

4. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Yeah, i read this over @ bit-tech too. Seem bad for crossfire if its true about their res. support.

BTW, Ehecu, what do u mean by '*Intel'? Cos it is nvidia thats coming out with 16xSLI Nforce 4 chipsets both for AMD and Intel.

5. rebirthofham

rebirthofham Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 oc 400/875
    So crossfire is the Multi-rendering. Which is like the SLI of ATI.

I've never used an ATI card before, and i just bought a x800xl.

I read somewhere that you can match any two types of cards in ATI's SLI.

So could i get an x850 in the future and slot it up next to my x800xl and use them together?

6. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gtx @625/2100
    This information is probably true or is the reason why crossfire has been delayed so long. It also sheds some light as to why the only site to have published preliminary Crossfire benchmarks is Anandtech. And why they only tested in 1600x1200 resolutions.

7. Ehecu

Ehecu Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5750
    Ah... I was only aware of Intel's plans. Hadn't heard about nVidia's until just now I guess.

8. BarrettF77

BarrettF77 Banned

GPU:
    Ati X800 XT P.E. w/ Arctic Cooling Silencer 5
    Either way, I am glad I got my brother a 7800 GTX to build up his new computer as I dont think that ATI is ever going to release thier card. Its sad as I love to see the competition. I know that the seperate team working on the r580 is supposedly having very good results with thier tap outs on ther cards and when that makes it to market they should be doing well. Just wait and see I guess