Latest Detonator for NVStrap

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by awx, Sep 10, 2002.

1. awx

awx Guest

in case someone wants to know: the latest detonator, that works with nvstrap is version 30.40 available @ guru3d.com

2. Maninabox

Maninabox Member

which different from 30.30?

3. awx

awx Guest

newer ;-)
    i found out that 30.40 is the last versions without nvstrap protection. that's it. maybe someone else do some benchmark stuff. i don't have time 4 that. sorry.

4. hklm

hklm Guest

I beg to differ, I have gotten the NVstrap to work and to fully fool the PC into thinking my GF2 MX-400 is a Quadro using Detonator 40.41 on WinXP Pro. But, if your saying "the 30.40 is the last stable version that works with NVstrap" then yes you are prob right.;)

5. awx

awx Guest

hmm...that's weird. normally all dets higher than 30.40 are protected against NVstrap. i think it would be interesting if you tell us how you manage to get 40.41 to work with NVstrap. (installation steps, system config, etc.)
    btw: are you really sure that you have the Quadro2 property sheets in your display settings dialog?
    greets.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

RC12 is coming, ETA is the middle of the next week (it's in beta testing stage now) ;)

Here is a piece of RC12's 'What's new':

7. Unwinder

BTW the things hklm is taking about are absolutely unreal unless he ripped the protection form the drivers himself.
    We've already discussed it, don't ve? I've already said that it POSSIBLE to force Windows to detect Quadro, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to unlock the professional features with NVStrap on 30.82 without blocking the protection.

8. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Guest

I am new to this... and considering getting a GeForce4 Ti4600

Will I be able to turn this into a Quadro4? and if so, what kind of quadro would it be equivelant to... like an XGL 500 etc..

I have read that there is no way to turn a GeForce4 into a quadro yet, but from your last post, it would seem you have fixed this?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this :)

Cheers

9. Unwinder

SoftQuadro4 is offtopic here. One more SQ4 related question and the thread will be closed.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2002
  10. loop29

loop29 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    ...ack, Alex, he is a n00b, keep it down. For your information drifter that´s a kind of sensitive topic you shouldn´t touch unless you read topics from last 3 month or maybe more. It´s not possible right now to turn GF 4 into Qaudro 4. Equivalent of Geforce 4 Ti 4600 is Quadro 4 900 XGL, Geforce Ti 4400 Quadro 4 750 XGL and so on.....

greets

11. hklm

hklm Guest

What I write is the truth and I back it up with screenshots in a attempt to provide evidence of my claims. And BTW my claims where in reguards to using NVStap with the unmodified original 40.41 on Windows XP Professional Build 2600 No SP1 without any thing special. I still stand by my claim that it can be done, but like I said before its unstable and only works sometimes. (example: it would work 3 times out of 10)

I am not trying to decive anyone. All I am saying is that the protection in the drivers dont work 100% of the time. And that I was hoping this would inspire you to check into it and possible find and exploit the flaw. I have not changed the drivers in any way. All I did was continue to use NVStap enabled from the prior version of detonators that I was using (I forget what version I was using prior to 40.41)