1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest 2-3 amd drivers BSOD on Windows 10 1809 and RX480

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by tekniksinc, Nov 13, 2018.

1. tekniksinc

tekniksinc New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD6950 1G
    I'm trying to clean install the latest 2-3 amd drivers with Windows 1809 and I get BSOD on install.
    The error says System Exception and it mentions file
    wdf01000.sys

Did a clean install of Windows but I still get the same error.
    I clean the system while in safe mode with DDU, restart to Windows and try to install the downloaded driver, but I always get a crash, and the driver isn't installed (nor the Control Center, sound etc)

For the time being I leave Windows to auto install, 17.7.1, I extract the downloaded drivers, and do a manual update on the GPU drivers, manually locating the driver folder. It still crashes while installing, but it seems to install the driver first, because MSI afterburner shows the new driver version.

Any idea why this is happening?

warlord likes this.
  2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -NDA +AW@240Hz
    Hi, next to "Overview" here is tab "Files". Download and run integrity checks. Maybe some library on which driver installation depends failed.
    If it can't find anything, then you'll have to deliver dumps as that error is generic.

warlord likes this.
  3. LIGuitar77

LIGuitar77 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2GB OC
    Better: Use a more modern wifi adapter (remove current one entirely) than you currently are -OR- Not as good: install the latest driver for it from the manufacturer. If you need precise help otherwise, let me know.

If you have some funky third party security, especially of the "suite" variety, uninstall completely (not just disable.)

warlord likes this.
  4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    That file is part of the driver foundation filters and really only utilised by usb storage devices.

warlord likes this.

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Something else is broken, not the drivers.

warlord likes this.
  6. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Wdf stands for. Windows driver framework. It is a windows component. Not specific driver/hw oriented. Check your system's consistency.