"Latency Sensitive" "True" key tweak causes Scanline Sync to stop working

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by UltraViolet, Sep 18, 2019.

1. UltraViolet

UltraViolet New Member

GPU:
    1080Ti Strix
    This isn't really much of a bug report more of a "I wonder why that happens" kind of post but basically this is how it goes

[Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile\Tasks\DisplayPostProcessing]

inside here if you create a String Value called "Latency Sensitive" and the value "True" it seems to break Scanline Sync's ability to sync, i'm not entirely sure what the key does and the in's and out's of it but i'm more curious why it breaks RTSS's ability to properly function.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Tried it on W10 1809 based office PC, it doesn't seem to affect SS functionality at all.

3. UltraViolet

UltraViolet New Member

GPU:
    1080Ti Strix
    I think i have figured out what caused this, sorry for the confusion, basically the latest RTSS Beta, the one you linked that fixes the cache issues seems to break Scanline Sync for me randomly, sometimes it'll work fine and other times the scanline will roll over the screen constantly

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Wrong again, there were no changes in scanline sync implementation since it was introduced.