lara croft and the guardian of light

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by perosmct, Sep 28, 2010.

1. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    hey guru people...i am freaking out...i have awful and badly low fps on this game...even with crossfire on or off...i am low...!!! everything maxxed out anyone else experience the same strangling gameplay..?? i am having 35-50 fps with cfx on, and 15-30 with cfx off...it's irritating... :)

2. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    No problems here. I'm getting solid 60fps with v-sync on. Everything maxed 8xAA, 16AF @ 1920x1080.

3. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    download now, report later:3eyes:

4. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    same settings too...what drivers are you using...it's so unbelievable..i am oc'ed 2 cards and do not have solid 60...i have average 60 fps max also...but some scenes i get 40-45 with cfx...

i am using 10.9a hotfix, i think it;s the same strange situation with dx9/d3d9 games, like starcraft 2...any ati user has not enough fps with starcraft2 with lots of AA...oh ATI...wtf..!!??:bang:

i have 42 fps min on crysis(24x cfaa, 16x af)...but on lara croft i cant accept it, hahahaha..!!

5. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Using ATI Catalyst 10.8 .

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    Flawless 60 fps here with max. settings, 1920x1200, 16xAF and 8xAA. The only issue I had was that I'd pre-loaded the game a week ago but it "updated" it by downloading the entire game AGAIN!

*sigh*

Typical Steam. Never quite works like it should but at least the game is up and running perfectly now.

7. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    The game is not so good. 60 fps all the time.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX3070
    on your 120hz monitor ?

9. neo2006a

neo2006a Member

GPU:
    GTX670

100fps+ on my single HD5850 & cats 10.9a

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    thats why i refuse to buy my games from steam

11. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    :cry::bang: wtf...i feel so n00b and embarrased...the problem was beyond my thought...just all the games have not the same optimization...

i just moved the slider from supersampling-->>to adaptive aa(almost same quality and better than multisampling)

and also i use now 24 cfaa(narrow-tent) from 24 cfaa(edge-detect) i used before...

so identical options...so almost the same result in display...but i was losing tons of fps on that game...wtf..!!??:3eyes::pc1::stewpid::nerd:

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    As according to the Eidos forums this is a new more polished build, previous version if you checked the EXE is 1.0.62.0 and this is 1.0.75.0.

As for performance if Crossfire is acting up try disabling Catalyst AI, game works great here with 10.9a (As it's said to contain more than X2 card tweaks that's why I'm using it.) and 10.9 app profiles, some Crossfire configurations have issues with the latest drivers though and it seems Bad Company 2 might be problematic with these even though general Crossfire improvements are better than the other drivers minus say 10.5a or what it was.

13. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    supersampling always stresses gpus more. edge detect too. box is fast but not as pretty. some games will need quadfire to handle supersampling >60fps.