Laptop for age of conan?

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by vert, May 27, 2008.

1. vert

vert Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800 Ultra
    I want a decent laptop that will play age of conan, settings dont matter that much as long as it runs.

I currently run it at home on a quad core, 8800ultra 4 gigs, so I get eye candy then.

I am looking to spend really no more then 1000 bucks, so I guess the main question is what video card do I need to run the game well enough not to get any fps drops?

Thanks

edit: someone had posted this on this forum: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220331
    Would that be my best bet? with the 9500?

2. [Spitfire]

[Spitfire] Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi HD2600
    go with the HD3650 model, its better than the 9500GS

3. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    I have a Lenovo thinkpad that I bought strictly for school/research.

Anyway, when my old desktop (which had 2 6800 ultra's in SLI) would not run age of conan (i suspect because it had 2 gigs of ram), I installed it on my laptop, which is a dual core intel with a FX570M (I think) with 3 gigs of ram. I think the 570M is very similar to the 8600 mobile.

The game ran fine on low settings. This was back during the closed beta, so I would assume the FPS would be better now.

Anyway, in terms of sturdiness, I love my thinkpad, and in the future, unless something REALLY nice comes out, I will probably never buy anything but Thinkpads. (I am incredibly satisfied with it)

4. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    That's a great choice. The HD3650 is similar in performance and may be slightly faster but it's a hundred bucks more, so I would just go with the one you have picked out already.

5. vert

vert Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800 Ultra
  6. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD