Laggy scrolling -AIW 9800 Pro

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by silmatharien, Dec 2, 2006.

1. silmatharien

silmatharien New Member

GPU:
    BBA X1900XT
    I'm having a real problem with this lagging with a 9800 Pro. For example, it happens when I'm scrolling in pages in Firefox, IE, etc. It worked fine last time I had this card running in a computer (essentially the same setup) and recently I did a fresh install of Windows. I've updated to the latest Catalyst drivers but nothing doing. I'm still having big issues with lagging when I scroll. Tried cleaning out the drivers and installing several different versions but still is lagging like crazy.

Any ideas?

I'm running this on an ASUS a7n8x deluxe with an athlon xp 2500+ with 1 gig of RAM.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  2. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    one sentence.....................
    '

Install motherboard drivers..................

3. silmatharien

silmatharien New Member

GPU:
    BBA X1900XT
    they are all installed. everything works 100% except for this. I don't see what I could be missing here.

4. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    Only time I have ever seen lagging on the web with FF or IE is when the graphics drivers are not installed, and I dont mean the GPU ones, the ones for your MOBO................check IE and see if you get the same thing............

5. silmatharien

silmatharien New Member

GPU:
    BBA X1900XT
    as I stated, it happens in IE, too. I downloaded the newest nforce2 drivers but it still doesn't make a difference. Tried doing another clean install of catalyst 6.11s but nothing.

6. Crystalvain

Crystalvain Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    Reinstall the wdm drivers.

7. silmatharien

silmatharien New Member

GPU:
    BBA X1900XT
    no difference :(

8. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    K, as I stated befor it has NOTHING to do with you GPU drivers, your MOBO drivers are not taking.............try again..............

9. silmatharien

silmatharien New Member

GPU:
    BBA X1900XT
    yup, I tried again just now and everything is working just great. uninstalled, reinstalled, did a couple restarts and voila! thank you :)

10. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    Your welcome and welcome to Guru3d my friend.................we are all here to help and bitch every now and again but we, all of us know why we are here...........WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!:bunch: