L3p D3sk - Silent Work & Gaming Station

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by L3p, May 24, 2011.

1. L3p

L3p Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980 SLI
    Here's a small update about my plans :)

This summer I will continue with a custom reservoir in D3sk.
    It'll be located in the middle of my desk, below my keyboard.
    I'll do this later because I had just had it with the desk for now :p

I do have been busy with planning the next build.
    This time not a scratch build but a casemod, especially to visit lanparty's.

So more on that later in a new buildlog:)

My Site + photos from the build logs http://www.l3p.nl are still not working.
    There are still so many requests that 3 servers till now couldn't hold it
    Some gentlemen of Tweakers.net are now looking what they can do.
    (Thanks Bo, zeef and Kees!)

This week i tested the controller that I would use for the 2 Laing D5 pumps.
    On one way or another, it doesn't adjust the speed as I wanted it, with 2 Bulgin momentary switches in 8 increments from 0% to 100%.

Later that evening I tried it with 120mm fans and it worked perfect.
    The LED in the Bulgin even dims along with the fan speed. (Although this is difficult to see in the movie)
    So I think i will use it with the 8x120mm fans in the desk that are now running at 5V, but then @ 12V with 2 Bulgin switches do arrange 0% -100% in 8 steps.

The two extra buttons will be placed just next to the power, reset button and lights button, so five in a row.

[​IMG]

2. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
  3. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Good to see it won Rig of the Month dude. 'Grats.

4. L3p

L3p Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980 SLI
    Thanks for selecting me Guru3D !!! :bounce:

My site is up again, so all the pictures are available in the buildlog :p

[​IMG]

Some small changes i did the last few weeks on the desk.
    Made the ROG logo more visible with an "acid green" look.

[​IMG]

Also used EK thermal pads for the HDD's, not for the cooling but for the resonance.
    It's even more quiet then in the video now.

[​IMG]

This summer further on with the custom reservoir in the middle of the desk.
    At this moment im busy with my new build 'L3p L4n' specially for the lans im attending next year.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011

5. dainese46

dainese46 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX660Ti OC Wind
    Dude :eek3: :eek3::eek3::eek::eek::gape: . This has got to be the coolest PC mod ever :) . I mean come on, who would build a radiator shack under his house so that the PC wouldn´t make a lot of noise :) ? Just awesome. Congrats on wining in the ROM :)

6. Aioras

Aioras Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    It is now the rig of the month on GURU3D.... sorry guys this is the rig of the year so far.

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    QFT :thumbup:

8. L3p

L3p Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980 SLI
    Thanks a lot guys !!:bounce:

9. odongo

odongo New Member

GPU:
    PNY Nvidia 8800 GT 512 mb
    AWESOME!!! Definitively is the RIG OF THE YEAR!!!

10. soltitade

soltitade Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Lightning 580
    This is not rig of the month this is rig of the decade ! amazing job man.

11. p0ppa

p0ppa Guest

GPU:
    Strix 3080 OC
    omg this is the best custom pc setup ever!

one question though, when you put the radiators beneath the floor, you sure there arent factors decreasing its life fast? like humidity, bugs, things like that?

12. L3p

L3p Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980 SLI
    Take it easy guys :p

It's very dry under my floor as you can see in the video.
    So it's almost perfect out there :)

13. namidettje

namidettje Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX580
    It's my first time looking at a desktop mod and im amazed. What an astonishing job you have done in here sir. There isn't enough claps to give you.

Also im dealing with the wife issue "I don't want cables running trough the whole house honey, it difficults the cleaning" and i think you gave me an idea.
    hopefully will have the tools, the space and your ability to do this desktop anytime in the future.

Amazing job.

14. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 580 Lightning 1010mhz
    bro im happy I didnt finish my build in time to enter it in this months ROTM:) Ive been looking through endless amount of pics of various rigs and Yours my friend is by far the best ive ever seen;) hats down man;) how is it performing btw? any chance for a few bench scores like 3dmark vantage, 2011 and heaven?

15. L3p

L3p Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980 SLI
    Thanks for the compliment m8 !
    Well can't help it for the people that entered this month, im sorry :D
    I did some benches a few weeks back, didn't have much time and still don't now with the new mod.
    Do remember im not a real OC guy, just run them to compare and because other people ask :)

http://hwbot.org/submission/2140020_l3p_3dmark_vantage___performance_2x_geforce_gtx_580_47538_marks

http://hwbot.org/submission/2136682_l3p_3dmark11___performance_2x_geforce_gtx_580_12663_marks

http://hwbot.org/submission/2136635...et_dx11_2x_geforce_gtx_580_2938.93_dx11_marks

http://hwbot.org/submission/1083649_l3p_superpi_core_i7_extreme_980x_8sec_330ms

Thanks namidettje !
    Wifes ....... :no: ;)

16. Metz

Metz Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850 TOP CF
    Hands down the coolest and best looking PC setup I have ever seen. Great job man!

17. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    :nerd:

Jizzed in my pants!

18. b1tmaster0

b1tmaster0 Guest

GPU:
    PNY / 580GTX / 1536
    My Friend,

I make some minor - minor mod's to my PC and a friend of me want to make a silent PC.
    As a Computer Technician, I have saw many cases. Some strange some not.
    When I saw your ring, it was Apocalypse -Armageddon - Pandora's box all together!!!

I read and all the thread with the work you have done and cry like a baby. R-E-A-L-Y!!!

This is clearly and after all I and my friend have saw, the best Scratch Mod ever created and published so far in the net.
    There are some other mod's out there, that looks like that, but this one, has this...."tic" to the fine-touches, that make your heart, pump like your reservoir in max power!
    I will not say why the Cooler Master Winner case is far less woderful than yours. This is not the place for that. You are at this time, No.1.
    Period._
    Sticky for MOD ideas for sure. If I was moderator, that will be the first move.

I only wish I had the money and time, to make something -or pay you- for one "case" like yours.

And an idea if you do not mind :
    The "K" from the killer card, you can place it alone, somewhere in the case with a plexy-glass behind it, just like your logo. In fact, it will be VERY nice -I believe-, to place all the logos in strategic eye-candy places in all the empty space of the case, or even under the upper plexi-glass with some glue, on sport-mechanical type screws for effect...
    One ROG here, "K" hanging lets say with it's chain from the plexi, Corsair to the left etc.

Not only for your sponsors, but mainly for the "Look and Feel" of the case. Just like the Race Cars.

Anyway...
    I am confident, that you will find the perfect place for them, if you go for that idea.

I do not post to the Guru3d, but it is my "Favorite" page for many years for it's tests-reviews, and after all i saw here, it was difficult NOT to express my WOW-ness for your job.
    Now I make a folder, with your thread together with the Guru page.

Keep it up man.

We just can't wait to see the next episode of the "Sex Machine-Pumped Out Digital Version". :bigsmile:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  19. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    +1

I'd sell my soul for that :)

20. L3p

L3p Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980 SLI
    Thanks again all of you :p

Thanks a lot man, i almost have to cry when i read this ;)
    I don't now either how the judges work in the CM competition, but im happy with the second place :)
    By the way, the top cover isn't plexi, but real hardenend double layered glas to make the view even better..
    I still got an idea to thank the sponsors in this mod but i still have to think about it and will resume that this summer. Don't want it to be too "flashy" with the K etc.
    Thanks for the tips, making an account and for your reply m8 !