KT and Samsung Reach 1Gbps Speed Over the Air on 5G Commercial Network

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    hurobot and K.S. like this.
  2. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    They would have had even faster service if they lowered the latency. Like replacing HDD for SSD in PC. Lower latency is what speeds things up the most, not higher speeds.

3. imo22

imo22 Member

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    GG molecules

RavenMaster and gx-x like this.
  4. Mda400

Mda400 Master Guru

GPU:
    1660 - 2130/10ghz
    The spec has potential for single-digit added latencies from the switching portion of devices (unlike interleaving on DSL that can add around 35-50ms or the inherent triangulation of 3G networking that added 100ms+ of latency). 4G made it low enough to where high-bandwidth downloads over fiber backhaul was possible without constricting the TCP window as a result of high-latency.

5G is more primarily for increased capacity to each user (same reason 802.11ax was designed for WiFi) and about making more efficient use of spectrum.

4G is like using a 100mbps interleaved VDSL connection. 5G once fully deployed should be like using a 500mbps coax connection.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019

5. slyphnier

slyphnier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    there is physical limit with latency
    how fast light can travel from west side of earth to east side, u cant cheating bypassing those distance

high-bandwith on other hand by making bigger size per transfer is possible, and theoritically make this faster
    if there 1000packet, transfer each packet and each transfer need 0.2s = 1000x0.2 = 200s
    now but each transfer can do 100packet = 1000/100 = 10x0.2 = 2s

except u talking for local, nation-wide connection only

and we also need to consider various things
    1gbps okay cool, when using it on our phone, speedtest to host 700mbps+ still good
    then ISP will be first speed-cap (most end-user internet-plan isnt dedicated 1:1 line)
    nation-international gateway second speed-cap
    then from destination server side speed/lantecy is third factor
    in the end even over 100mbps barely achieveable, most country probably wont even reach 50mbps

well 5G is cool alright, but in reality i dont think we getting much faster connection

6. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    Assuming you are connecting to your 5G source, which is 50m away at it's worst compared to cable what is the difference in latency? Light traveling over the world...is going to take the same time whether you are on cable or 5G :)
    What I was talking primarily is sending a request to your closest point requesting to load some page from the internet "over there" and time before you actually get to that page. loading guru3d hardly requires 1gbit. I've watched YT videos using 4G just fine with bandwidth to spare (1080p). The slowest part is getting the video to start loading. It's not that long really, ~5s, but compared to cable it feels like an eternity.

Maybe, but you are getting higher chances of tumors and cancer because you are microwaving yourself. And you can't even opt-out since the signal will be around you even if you don't have a phone with you.

7. Mr_Twinky

Mr_Twinky Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Vega56
    Kinda surprised no one who talks about 5G ever points out the MASSIVE amounts of radiation emitted from the phones and 5G towers, also to note about 5G towers they are smaller and to be placed in multiple places around the cities and towns where 5G will be supported.
    Your phone will be emitting well over 100rads which is well into the RED on a reader.

gx-x likes this.
  8. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    I do, all the time. Even posted a YT link to dead birds after 5G test in Europe in one of the topics, and regulary on YT. I hope I Am wrong about it, I REALLY do not want to wear a tinfoil hat for real.

9. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 19.2
    I know 5G is the nanny state's wet dream, but how about y'all give your people 1gbps and low-latency fiber?

10. gUNN1993

gUNN1993 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3
    RADS, or Grays, if you want to use the SI, is a measurement of Ionizing Radiation, which microwaves are not.