KSP2 (Kerbel Space Program 2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by The Laughing Ma, Aug 20, 2019.

1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti

I hope and pray that we get an engine that can deliver the sort of builds that turned the original KSP in to a very slow and poor GIF

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    That was actually such an awesome trailer.... little sad not ingame, but the trailer itself, silly and fun.

I am a little worried about it now being owned by Take-Two Interactive which leads me to believe this will be a forced epic Launcher exclusive.

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i got the og and upto making history expansion on gog i guess, the newest one i would have to buy extra however. i suck at the game i just like murdering kerbals.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    XenthorX and cerebus23 like this.

5. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    KissSh0t and cerebus23 like this.
  6. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    Can I build a spaceship that will take me to a better planet?

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    scott manley on ksp2 info.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    the manley scott doing what a manley scott does.

cerebus23 and XenthorX like this.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Early Access on February 24, 2023

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  14. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Quite looking forward to this seeing as KSP1 always sort of flew under my radar somehow so never played it. I got KSP1 as a freebie on EGS the other week but saving myself for the 2nd one

15. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti

16. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Going by Steam reviews and skimming the games subreddit, this game is very hard to recommend in its current state and people seem to be refunding in droves.

Even on good rigs you can expect average fps of 60 or less. The devs have acknowledged the issue and said they will bring out a patch in the coming weeks.

A lot of game breaking bugs at the moment like rockets randomly exploding, landing gear breaking for no reason, suddenly unable to save the game and so on.

Launching the game from steam or epic will take you to their own launcher platform, one that apparently very much would like you to create yet another account ( feel free to speculate as to for what purpose ).

I get that its early access but by the sounds of things its more at alpha stages and comes with a price tag of 50 bucks to boot!

Such a shame as I was kinda looking forward to this and sinking my teeth into something new and engaging as I got a week off but I think I'll wait on this one.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'm in the same boat, after Scott's review above stating it has less features than the original I basically decided not to bother with it until it actually has more features than the original.

Compared to the original games price during Alpha the price of 2 in this early unfinished state is absolutely ridiculous.

Turns out it wasn't a day 1 purchase for me...... ohh well.

18. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So as the creator of this thread you would think I would already have my copy of KSP2 installed and running on my rig, even more so given I have £55 burning a hole in my Steam account after my Atomic Hearts refund and then I started seeing the info about it being EA.

Not a big issue I bought KSP1 EA and supported them from quite early on but a lot has changed since those days. The studio I believe was bought over by some big name publisher, so right there it being EA is a big alarm bell for me. KSP1 was a small team creating a new game with a limited appeal so EA was fine then. They aren't that any more now though; they have big publisher cash, they have a significantly larger fan base built up by the likes of Scott Manley and Matt Lowe and their videos of KSP1 and the game has turned up two years late and even worse the version they have released has less features than unmodded KSP1 and runs worse than KSP1 with a 1000+ part craft and they are asking near full price for it.... no sorry but no, their is goodwill and then there is taking the utter p*ss and it's this full price EA that leads me to a very real concern, the roadmap. It has no information about when the content will be added and if I didn;t know better reads like a list of upcoming paid for DLC addons.

Repo Man likes this.
  19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  20. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Wow just wow, didn't realize it was as bad as that.

Noodle rockets, this was one of things that had to be solved in KSP2 if it wanted a purchase from me, yeah in KSP1 you had auto strut and you could strut rockets to heaven and back to at least give them a chance of staying stable in flight but it was a redundant exercise all it did is add an additional part to the part count which in turn hit the games performance.

It made no sense, if you attached a part then it only made sense that from an egineering point that the attach system would be designed in a way that it held the two parts together in a stable manner, the strut part seemed to be nothing more than a sticking plaster fix for some janky attachment physics within the game.

Now it turns out that not only are noodle rockets worse in KSP2 they have implemented a strut failure mechanic. So they have taken a fix for a fundamental and annoying gameplay / game engine factor and instead of fixing the root cause have instead opted to make the fix to an annoyance part of the gameplay itself? Sorry but nope if this stays in the game I'll never buy it. The root cause of noodle rockets needs resolved.