Kraken X73 loud on 10850K

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by jmmy23, Mar 3, 2021.

1. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    Hello. I have a question about noise NZXT Kraken X73 on 10850K stock 4800mhz. Cooling is AIO 360 Kraken X73. During gameplay on Serious sam 4 temps are 50-61C. During Control 40-53C. Fans noise is ok when games.

But that cooling fans is v.loud for me when cpu load raise. I mean when starting game,or just sometimes in games. I can hear v.loud noise of fans like 100%.

Is this normal? I dont setting own curve. All on auto. I am using NZXT cam utility and pump on performance mode. On silent mode no difference.

Card is Rtx 3090 Gaming OC stock ( gpu max 61C). Also 32GB ram. Thx.

Windows 10 is up to date.

2. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

I basically just set pump to silent in NZXT software, have it run at startup to disable the LEDs then shut off software, and use bios or a external fan controller to control the fans. If you're just gaming and everyday use, performance mode is kinda overkill. Make your room dead silent, sit where you normally would during use and tune it, you'll be surprised how low RPM you can run the fans with temps remaining great while fans run silent. Running a 10900k btw.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2021
  3. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    I change to SILENT mode and no difference. The same noise like 100% fans when cpu load is ramping up for 1 sec. Why it ramping to 100% on auto when cpu load raising?

4. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

Silent mode in the software controls the pump. You need to manually set a fan curve for the fans themselves if you want the best noise/performance ratio, just like GPU. If manually controlling the actual fans through bios or an external fan controller doesn't reduce the noise enough you can try replacing the stock fans with some Noctuas or something higher grade.

jmmy23 likes this.

5. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    a ok :)So that fans on 100% for 1 sec when cpu load raise can be normal on default curve?

PS:
    You said:"Silent mode in the software controls the pump."

But i read on reddit that fans too and they should be quiet.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021