Kozary's Triple & Quad SLI Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Kozary, Dec 21, 2020.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Hello again, I know I responded to this question on my 4-Way Sli thread.

Perhaps Kozary can look more into this as I been extremely super busy of Finalizing results/videos for the my latest game: Warhammer 40k - Inquistor/Martyr, its actually on my front page on my thread.

I am hoping to get everything done by this week, then I have to upload all of the videos up and present my final conclusion results, I have put tons of work into the stuff I am doing, guys have no idea.

Again, I will really look into these 2 games on my time later, I know they were not very easy to deal with, I would say, Control was quite a bit harder to get the game to scale over Batman, Batman on the other hand, I had some anomalies here and there, mainly flashing anomalies, Scaling was, If I remembered correctly, got it up to tri-sli performance, I have to look more into these games later.

Hopefully Kozary can look into this more as I am finishing up my stuff, I been extremely busy finishing up this game, maybe afterwards, I'll look into it more but my next game that I will be focusing on is Doom3+Absolute HD Texture Mod+Reshade & Baldur's Gate 3, but I'll take a gander at it once more.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  2. Kozary

Kozary Member Guru

GPU:
    980Ti Quad SLI
    Genshin Impact SLI Update

New patches and stuff was making the flickering pretty bad. Managed to fix water flickering, neon flicker (no longer need to ctrl alt del), sereanea teapot issues and flickering light sources and vibrating foliage.

Things not fixed. Shadows on med or higher, rain texture flicker, world particle flicker.

SLI Hack 0xA000A0A0 let me get rid of the 5th hex bit in compat bits which caused a lot of issues. Overall it has much better compatibility. A break down of these Hexs effect on the game below:
    bit 1 - stability, also enables use of broadcast without crashing when set to E*
    bit 5 - big scaling + flicker reduction
    bit 7 - scaling improvement

Could be of use in other Unity games, such as Tarkov as that game hated the 5h bit in compatibility.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  3. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Don't normally mess with the 5th hex down within the Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x), as it only offers very small(Placebo) differences, I never really use it, thanks for the heads up.

EDIT:

Also, 1st hex down with Sli Specific Hacks 0x0<<~~, this hex right here, some games it is required for scaling to be kicked in at all, but that being said, other bits have to be ignited with this particular hex, as mentioned on my thread, some has to work together, not just one, otherwise, scaling wont kick in at all, it will be completely dormant(Asleep), also as well as: 0x0000000<<~~ within Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x):, absolutely, this one is extremely important in some games, absolutely yes.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  4. Kozary

Kozary Member Guru

GPU:
    980Ti Quad SLI
    Serious Sam 4

Broadcast - 0x00000101
    Compatibility - 0x800020F5
    SLI Copy Engine - 0x00000010
    SLI Hack - 0xE000A000

Ingame settings:
    GPU Refraction - off //this completely kills SLI scaling
    CPU Render Distance - the more this setting is increased the lesser scaling becomes CPU bound possibly, i have the bar halfway
    Other settings seem fine however i do not recommend certain settings as they are extremely heavy and add no visual fidelity. In this game resolution is king it is worth dropping settings to raise the resolution. Shadow size and tree render distance are absolute fps tankers.

Quad SLI only 2/3way crashes instantly with these bits.

Very minor graphical anomalies, only mention is spawn area might have issues but once you move out its gone.

measured scaling was between 350-375% however when moving scaling or frame rate does take a ~50fps hit with that being said its still butter smooth.
    24-33fps single
    90-111fps quad

Bit breakdown:

Broadcast 6th - Brings scaling back with 8th hex enabled.
    Broadcast 8th - reduces scaling but reduces scaling drag when moving. Also needed game stability.
    Compatibility 1st - SFR mode
    Compatibility 5th - improves frame pacing, minor scaler
    Compatibility 6th - major scaler //not currently using
    SLI Hack 1st - Stability
    SLI Hack 5th - Helps alleviate scaling drag when moving

Updated 8/12/21 considerably more consistent scaling.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Excellent Work.

Also Kozary, another heads up but you probably already know...

Under Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x00000<<~~ 5th hex down, sitting it to digit: 2, depending on game, it can drastically get rid of basically all graphical anomalies, especially flashing textures,etc but in turn, you might experience a drastic decrease in your overall scaling performance, some games might not be even effected at all, and yes, this particular hex(5th hex down), plays a big fat role in your overall scaling performance, in some games, it is absolutely required, otherwise, scaling won't kick in worth jack.

There are other bits that are required to get the scaling to even kick in at all, some games, will need to work together, one can not be left out, otherwise, you will be in total handicap mode.

From my experience of doing hardcore quad sli tuning:

Here are the bit breakdown on which one that is required(depending on game) in order for the game to even scale at all, again, some games, some of these bits have to work in conjunction.

Example:

Under Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x0<<~~ 1st hex down, I believe there was one game that was required in order for the scaling to be kicked in, I think it was Echo(UE4 game), cant exactly remember, & 0x000000<<~~6th hex down & 0x00000000<<~~ 8th hex down,

Under Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x00<<~~ 2nd hex down, 0x00000<<~~ 5th hex down & another major player(Depending on game): 0x000000<<~~ 6th hex down, this particular hex(6th hex down), if for example, everything is tuned properly and some given specific area of the game, just don't want to scale, it wants to but it can't, this one might do the trick, took me awhile to figure this one out with Hellpoint, and yes, believe it or not, I even mentioned this on of my earlier post on my thread, that, even different mobo's(motherboards), can also drastically effect your scaling(Depending on the situation your in), I ran into some problems with hellpoint, especially in the beginning, depending on the spot your in, there is a reduction of your overall scaling performance, now with the Asrock Server rack I still have, using the same bits, it was a light and day difference, next, I went back to the asus Z10PE-d8 mobo and see if I could improve it, no can do, I even went back under: Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x000000<<~~ 6th hex down, as the digit: 7, literally was the game changer while using the Asrock mobo, on the Asus mobo, nope, I even tried to fine tune this particular bit, nope, did other things, nope, no can do, that being said, the Asus still scaled absolutely fantastic, it's just certain given situations, again, depending on the game of course, that you will see differences, Hellpoint is one of those games, to my knowledge, the only game that showed that much difference between the two boards.

And finally:

Under: Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x): 0x0<<~~ 1st hex down, some games, this is required, I believe Echo(UE4 game) was one of them, 0x000000<<~~ 6th hex down, 0x0000000<<~~ 7th hex down & 0x00000000<<~~ 8th hex down...

Again, some games, it is required for some of the bits to work in conjuction(Together), otherwise scaling will "NOT" kick in, in otherwords, one of the bits can not be left out, they work in unison(Together).

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021