Kozary's Triple & Quad SLI Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Kozary, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Worrun3D

Worrun3D New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Been playing Tarkov on SLI with your settings have been great, albeit not without a couple quirks.
    The bullet hole decals on your face shield flicker when wearing a shot up helmet w/face shield. Luckily, it's not so bad that the game is immediately unplayable when that happens, but it is kind of annoying.
    Sometimes (but very rarely) the grass flickers when looking at it from a certain angle; this happens rarely enough that it's barely an issue, and I haven't been able to reproduce this anomaly reliably, but what it does tell me is that under your settings the game seems to have difficulty rendering some textures with an alpha channel. The Tarkov logo in the main menu seems to demonstrate this problem as well.

Since your settings are so close to being perfect, I'd like to try and tweak this a little further on my own but would love to be given some direction in doing so.
    Got any tips?

2. Kozary

Kozary Member Guru

GPU:
    980Ti Quad SLI
    Certainly, start with broadcast settings. However i found that with unity games i could never get the last bit of flickering to go away completely and its usually very minimal but is there under certain conditions, time of day or weather etc. I would start in amdbugbears thread and take a look at some of his work with the unity engine to get a good direction of what to do.

EFT was easy to get scaling well and i had already had enough of the game, it had terrible development decisions and some game breaking bugs at the time that went on for months.

3. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Question about Escape from Tarkov, the only way to download it, is from purchasing it from their website, it says pre-order closed beta.

What is the current stats, development wise on this game, is the game finished or is it still unfinished?

I have heard about this game for quite some time but never really dug deep into it.

4. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    It's much better now, and it is still a beta.

It's not going to be finished for at least 3 years :) It's still one of the most popular multiplayer FPS games ever made. Honestly after I got the hang of EFT (it does have a learning curve) every other multiplayer FPS pales by comparison, it's the only one I play now.

I would love an optimised SLI profile -- I did try the settings in I think Kozary's thread and they were a huge improvement, but as stated earlier there are still issues.

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    I'll take a look at this in a little bit, thanks.

EDIT:

Ergh, its a Multi-Player game, Thought there was a single player campaign.

Later finding out that you can play offline mode, again, I'll look into the game in a bit.

EDIT AGAIN:

Looks like the payment system is not working properly.

Tried Paypal, says: Couldn't even get the Paypal login screen, The payment system is not working at this time.

Tried Amazon Pay, payment was going through but got stuck in the middle.

Tried doing Credit Card Method, getting stuck on the Xsolla payment screen, still, no can do.

So I can not make a purchase for this game, I'll try sometime later.

FINAL EDIT:

The transaction apparently has gone through, I downloaded the game just very recently, everything is good to go, ready to play in a bit.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  6. Kozary

Kozary Member Guru

GPU:
    980Ti Quad SLI
    A bit of progress with Shattered the game is now fully playable in quad SLI with minimal issues and an occasional crash. I thought i had scaling drag in the overworld but it persists even with a single GPU the world is absolutely massive the biggest i have ever seen in a UE4 engine based game. So the profile is now finished.

Good to hear its going in the right direction I'm going to play it again as i did enjoy it, it is a really good game but in Australia everyone is a headshot machine in fps games so fights are over instantly in it i play CS for that and wanted a more casual experience with EFT.
    Would be nice for a perfect SLI profile but in EFT you need a lot of patience to tune it because it takes 5mins to get into an offline map! I never used a face shield in EFT because you are still a 1shot kill and even t6 armor made you a 2hit kill at the time when i was playing it, so thought it was perfect on my end.

@A M D BugBear keen to see some tarkov stuff and arkham knight if u ever get around to it again.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  7. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Oh awesome :)

Yes use Offline mode, and don't enable any 'PvE' AI enemies, as running locally they can be quite draining on CPU and will make it harder to measure consistent benchmarks between testing. You'll also notice that the weather can change in open-air maps, and this can affect FPS, and also that you can't choose where you spawn (this may be coming later for offline modes) which again can make it a bit more time consuming if you want to measure FPS at a specific spot as you'll have to run to that spot again. For quick testing 'Factory' is probably the easiest map to use, it's very small so you can find a spot quickly. If you think you've made a profile that works well, can then test on a larger map -- something like Woods or Shoreline has lots of foliage and shadows/AO cast by foliage, which is where issues tend to arise with SLI profiles (Factory doesn't have any trees or bushes!).

Tarkov relies on player knowledge, a good site to see the maps any locations is Mapgenie, here is the link for Factory: https://mapgenie.io/tarkov/maps/factory. This site collates a lot of user-made map sources: https://www.gamemaps.co.uk/game/tarkov/.

To see FPS bring down the console in-game, '~' key, and type 'fps 1'.

Happy to test any configurations you make!

8. BlackAce21

BlackAce21 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070S 8GB SLI
    Hi, I just wanted to ask if there is any progress with Batman Arkham Knight. Are there any bits/ combinations I could try with Control Ultimate Edition?

9. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Played for few hrs of Escape from Tarkov...

Although I only played very little of the game, I have managed to get great 4-Way Sli Scaling Potential within the factory area, only downside is that whenever you are hurt, soon as you see the bloodsplatter on screen, fps goes down then goes back to normal.

The other is TAA, whenever you have TAA on, it creates an image blur imprint(Already Tried my RE2/RE3/Bright Memory Resume Technique, Does not work, not only that, within the reflections of objects, it seems to be flashing a bit, not to bad and that shaky anomaly while TAA is present, Very famous on UE4 based games.

Although I have found a way to minimize the TAA shaky anomaly while under 4-Way Sli, here is the quick method(Temp Fix):

Before getting into the game, start your resolution to a lower one from your original desired resolution and then set your AA to off, next, go to your AA drop list and chose TAA or TAA high, don't click apply just yet, head over to your resolution and change it to where you originally had it, you must apply it together for it to work.

I then proceed to the Shoreline area with the same custom made bits, scaling was significantly reduced and behavior was out of whack, did some change, it is alot better now but still needs work, this area under 4-Way Sli is Dark as hell and the ground is flashing like mad crazy, I need more time on this game.

This might be one of my upcoming: Countdown to the 980ti's, so be on a look out, Interested of working on this game more.

Here is my custom made bits for the Factory area:

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x00000604

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D0027F5

Sli Copy Engine: Not Used

Sli Specific Hacks(DX1x): Not Used

For the Shoreline area(Still needs Alot of work/Uncompleted):

Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits: 0x0000060A

Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits: 0x8D0077F5

Sli Copy Engine: Not Used

Sli Specific Hacks(DX1x): Not Used

I have "NOT" ventured to the other areas yet.

Also, I have used reshade with this game, in hope to use TAA within reshade instead, game crashed upon starting up the actual game. I tried looking for some work around, some actually got it to work, it does not work.

The Shoreline area will require alot of work, Factory area, should be alright in that area(With the exceptions of the Scaling Drag where every time your Hurt and take damage).

Might be my one of my future projects.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    Worrun3D and Kozary like this.
  10. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Yes, I noticed that too. The solution I came up with was to use in-game FXAA + Nvidia control panel FXAA, then add a sharpening filter in Escape from Tarkov from the 'Post-Process' section. Yes, layering FXAA :) The in-game and the Nvidia CP one appear to be configured differently and combined it gets rid of all the scrawlies like TAA does (though adding a bit more blur, hence the sharpening).

Oh and if it helps, Tarkov is Unity-based.

Interesting! I'll have to try this.

Was it at night? You can do day and night missions, check the time when you choose a map before you go into a raid.

Will try these and report back!

It's very likely being blocked. Tarkov is a competitive game and has multiple anti-cheat mechanisms, any sort of injection is going to be blacklisted. Even if you could get it to work through a work-around, don't do it, your account will get locked and there's no going back and you will have wasted your money. They have a zero tolerance, understandably.

Some Reshade shaders are actually integrated into the game for this reason, so people can use Sharpening etc, you'll find these under the Post Process tab. Unfortunately, they didn't port AA shaders. TAA is good for single cards, not so good for SLI due to the issue above you described (unless there's an SLI flag that fixes this!). Also, it was just announced this week that DLSS is coming to Tarkov so that may help, for 3XXX users at least. I'm 2x1080Ti here btw :)

11. Worrun3D

Worrun3D New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    You're in for a treat. I can't officially say so yet because the game's still in beta, but it's shaping up to be one of the best games I've ever played.

Good to know, thanks a lot. I wouldn't take most of the changes they make during the beta phase to heart. I bought Tarkov early in 2020, and this game has changed a lot for the better since then. I guarantee you Tarkov will be a completely different game by the time it gets its full release, so I hope you stick with it, or at least revisit it later in the future.

12. Worrun3D

Worrun3D New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Very cool.

13. Frangal

Frangal New Member

GPU:
    Gforce 980M SLI 8GB
    Hi!
    I have tried Yakuza Kiwami SLI profile in Yakuza Like a Dragon and its perfect but I have some flickering in sunlights, could you help me to find a fix?

If you try Star War Jedi Fallen order profile in Biomutant you will have a nice scaling if you try.
    Thanks all of you for your sharing!
    Im writing from Spain

14. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    In some cases, using a profile from another game simply won't work, you need to tune them to the absolute buggery, depending on the game, yes.

I have tuned Yakuza Kiwami 2 for 4-Way Sli, absolute beast but getting scaling drags in between walking gaps, only pertains to 3-way and 4-way sli.

Another game I own but never played it yet is the Jedi Fallen Order, will soon though.

In the meantime, do yourself a favor, kindly look over my thread:

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/my-experience-with-4-way-sli-thus-far.425674/

Lots of invaluable info is up, please look over it, thanks.

Can you please show me the bits used for Jedi Fallen Order? Its not showing up on the Nvidia Inspector I am using, I am also using a Modified Quadro Drivers so some games won't even show up.

What is The Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits, along with Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits/Sli Specific Hacks if there is one, thanks.

15. Kozary

Kozary Member Guru

GPU:
    980Ti Quad SLI
    Star War Jedi Fallen order profile is quite new so i had to go on my other computer to find it, it is "0x080020F5". The generic Unreal engine bits i actually gave them a go the game does indeed work in quad sli with just that albeit low gpu usage and 0% scaling (bus usage max). Might have a go at it later.

At a glance the 6th hex in SLI hack unlocks the scaling but for some weird graphical anomalies, such as vibrating fur and image imprint.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021

16. Kozary

Kozary Member Guru

GPU:
    980Ti Quad SLI
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps SLI

Broadcast - 0x00000050
    Compatibility - 0x000020F5

Using the first hex set to 7 in sli hack lowers bus usage which is necessary for going above 160fps in 4k or you will start to get micro stuttering at that frame rate and beyond.

Scaling in 4k - 40fps to 137fps 340% scaling in static test. Mostly sitting at 160fps+ when running around.

No flickering, no anomalies just perfect and good overall scaling in 4way SLI and stable. Love a game that is just meant to be played in SLI.

1 Known issue - forcing vsync causes display to freeze but game keeps running.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    Cave Waverider likes this.
  17. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    As promised I tried out the flags A M D BugBear.

Firstly, wow really smooth! Thanks for looking into this, much much better performance and what I would expect from SLI. But yes some artifacts --

Tried these on Shoreline (Factory was fine as you noted, but doesn't have foilage which most Tarkov maps have) and got artifacts on the grass and occasional flickering. If those artifacts could be fixed it would be ideal, the scaling was excellent!

These were not so successful. All the ground was white like snow, in addition flickering etc.

Definitely progress though. Happy to test further flag combinations when you get around to working on this further.

18. Frangal

Frangal New Member

GPU:
    Gforce 980M SLI 8GB
    good morning!.
    Im trying sli Yakuza Like a Dragon. I loaded Yakuza Kiwami profile and the SLI is working well but I have flickering only in sun lighting.
    Could somebody help?

19. Kozary

Kozary Member Guru

GPU:
    980Ti Quad SLI
    Remnant: From the Ashes

Triple SLI (stable)
    Broadcast- 0x00000008

Compatibility- 0x0B0A25F5
    Copy Engine- 0x00000080
    Hack- 0xCB000105

Shadows - High
    AA off leaves motion blur.

Old quad SLI profile (unstable)
    Broadcast- 0x00000008
    Compatibility- 0x0B0020F5
    Copy Engine- 0x00000080
    Hack- 0x59000105

Ingame setttings
    Shadows - low (issues with optimization not SLI related)
    Antialiasing - off (for favor of reshade AA) But yes it does work.

Modifications to Engine.ini

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=0
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.TextureStreaming=1
    r.Streaming.MaxTempMemoryAllowed=128
    r.VirtualTexture=1
    r.Streaming.PoolSize=0
    r.Streaming.HLODStrategy=2
    r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM=1
    r.ShadowQuality=0

No graphical anomalies or flickering what so ever. Absolutely perfect.

Having anti aliasing off causes weird graphical crosshatching on water why this is a thing blows my mind cheap/easy development choices. Not SLI bug. However Quad SLI works fine with TAA in this game so no need to disable unless you are running 2/3way. When teleporting you need to toggle effect detail if using TAA to get rid of an imprint.

Shadows cause CPU bottleneck very quickly even with a single 980ti so i have them off and use MXAO for shadows and it looks just as good. However on strong CPUs or weaker GPUs that need SLI this is irrelevant. As long as Shadows are not on ultra SLI works good. PS- triple SLI scales with shadows on high perfectly.

Tri SLI scaling is amazing almost all of the time, certain generated biomes can run really bad which is rare.

Reshade cost negligible frames settings are cranked in Quad SLI and i get ~400fps in good areas and 200+ average in QHD which is a considerate bit more then single GPU. Quad SLI was exhibiting some instabilities though.

The Tri-SLI profile exhibited bad scaling in quad sli from just a single test run, however that may of just been because i needed a reboot.

This is a quickly modified amdbugbear profile that rids it of all major anomalies, please view the work here. https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/my-experience-with-4-way-sli-thus-far.425674/page-8#post-5704798

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  20. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Hello again, I was viewing your info within your profile, something really caught my attn & Sorry for the off topic:

Under your Profile, Psu:

Dual 2050W's?????

Why so much man?

don't need that much, curious, what brand are you using.

Also, Speaking of which, I used a product I had for quite some time, Kill-A-Watt...

I measured the wattage coming from my system, on both Psu's.

I also did Prime95 to completely stress my Cpu down on a separate test, Both of my Cpu's were hovering about 200W+.

If I included that while my gpu's are under Extreme load + Motherboard, Etc., Total Wattage, Around 1250W.

Just for an added Reference on top of this:

On one of our system that consist of 3 Titan's Xp's + 5820k(Slightly Overclocked), Fully stressed with Boinc(Cpu Wu's), and Folding@Home, I am hitting slightly over 950W+, under AMP, it says: 8.+.

And Despite being an old board and also being PCI-E gen 2, it does not affect my PPD, one of my Titan Xp is hitting right now, 2.6M/2.7M, seen high as over 3M+, Total, including the last slot(PCI-E X4, even under X4, still does the job/Seen high as 2.6M on this Slot), Over 7M PPD, that's using: Gen 2 Slots, Thought it would make a big difference over PCI-E 3.0 for Folding, Nope, Maybe for gaming but defin't not for Folding.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021