Kozary's Quad SLI & RTX NVLink Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Kozary, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Happy post #420 in the thread!

[​IMG]

I shall be looking nvlink setup requires absolutely no tuning for dawntrail. The actual graphical update has not rolled out into ff14 yet but i will be playing that as well. A single 2080ti stutters like crazy @ 4k modded so hopefully it's all still good.

2. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Kozary, ever worked on Mass Effect 1 (LE Version)?

If not, I want you to look into some stuff to confirm if possible, thanks.

mrrulez911 likes this.
  3. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Nope i never bothered with those games because they where third person shooters and back in the day and being a reasonably skilled young player i only had eyes for fps pretty much goes for all of them gears of war etc. They played way to slow in hindsight i could of probably enjoyed them with a 30% speed hack. Of course now that i am an old ass man third person is great.

4. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Ready or Not SLI

Bits 1 x99 nvlink
    Broadcast- 0x00000B5A
    Compatibility- 0x8B00E2F5
    SLI Hack- 0x0B000B00

Bits 2 Z490 sli no proper testing for scaling
    Broadcast- 0x0000000A
    Compatibility- 0x2000E1F5
    might need- sli hack

Scaling
    Expect ~50-70% fps gains game plays much smoother, screenshot fps has variations depending on capture

Graphic settings
    - Max except objects per shadow off because SLI unrelated issues/game bug on X99
    vsync on this is important
    vfx quality can effect overall scaling and its the only setting that seems to have a very significant fps impact.

Engine.ini - For better quality & stutter fix
    [SystemSettings]
    r.Tonemapper.Quality=0
    r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
    r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=0
    r.MaxAnisotropy=16
    r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=0
    r.BloomQuality=0
    r.VolumetricFog=0
    r.ShaderDevelopmentMode=1

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
    r.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
    r.ShaderDevelopmentMode=1

Known issues

Police department has minor to moderate flickering depending on motherboard/os. Should be no major issues

Notes
    Due to the nature of SLI on UE4 results are not always repeatable from system to system. You will most likely have to fine tune from profiles present. As far as testing goes on my end i have completed 3 missions and roughly only have time to do 1-3 a week or every second week. Missions are free from any issues so far.

Bit combos being 2nd hex in compatibility and the 6th hex in broadcast to control gpu and frame sync.
    6th hex in compatibility controls frame tearing similar to hellblade or MHW.
    copy engine optional

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2024
    FEARLESS_FARGO and A M D BugBear like this.

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Yes, reason why I asked, is during certain areas with the Mako, (Ground vehicle that your using) at certain given sections, I experienced a very unusual jitter, that drops your fps then comes back to normal, usually it does it up to 4 times, 1,2,3,4 / 1,2,3,4 / 1,2,3,4 and finally 1,2,3, & 4, usually within a split second of each count, DX9 (Original version) does not have any of this problem, and yes, it does it even under 1 GPU mode, I believe I tested this game under stock conditions, (Vanilla / Unmodded) and still was doing the same thing.

If you perhaps own the LE version, could you double check for me of you experience any of this problem? Most greatly appreciated, something I wanted to confirm other then myself, good place to test it, Presrop area.

6. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Any new update on the MELE 1 with the mako? If so, what were your results on your own end?

Also, I was always been interested in these 2 game, off and on, this is something I might be interested in the future, these 2 games uses UE4 engine, as you already know, UE4 games are very time consuming to tune, but still very much interested in the future, if you tried them already, how was it?

The 2 games are and they look really good:

Warhammer 40k - Battle fleet Gothic Armada 1:

Here are some alpha gameplay trailer:

2nd game:

Warhammer 40k - Battle fleet Gothic Armada 2:

Gameplay trailer:

Here are some trailers if you are interested:

Battle fleet Gothic Armada 1:

Launch Trailer:

Overview trailer:

Battle fleet Gothic Armada 2:

Launch trailer:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2024
  7. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Got to frustrated with being greeted by a launcher, press any button to continue, a cinematic once i pressed the button, options hidden under extra then to find it retains fully console only options. 100% save file on nexus mods won't load either so I doubt i'll be able to test the mako this month patience is getting low when it's becoming extremely uncomfortable to use a PC. If i can't load exactly what i need to load i just can't do it in good time.

Sorry though mate I couldn't get Echo to work on my PC at all either.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2024
  8. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Link please?

Is your game in vanilla mode? (No mods installed)

I have some save files on my own end, but, again, I have mods installed on that game, so when you trying to load a saved game that had mods installed, it won't work, especially Mass Effect 3.

It may work with the first game, the first one ain't stingy compared to the 3rd one, far as loading a saved game that has mods.

I'll send it over to your message later, thanks.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2024 at 12:12 AM