Kozary's Quad SLI & RTX NVLink Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Kozary, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    My bad i mean at the time of when i was playing i agree full auto running with a gun is not going to be accurate at 50m but that was not the problem it was very similar to Americas Army 3 if you ever tried that. Anyways just opinions it is a great game i just got irked by early access woes and yeah double hit reg on 2 ammo types made the game very meta only one way to play. Also all these issues are fixed long ago now it's just why i put it down.

With SLI profiles having options to pick from is good because some PCs run different some profiles may flicker and or be unstable and the alternatives may work.. Heck i still cannot figure out why Volterons 2080ti setup runs 100+fps less then mine in gunfire reborn same OS & drivers only difference is x299 vs x99 me being on the latter.

Cheers i agree SLI looked totally badass at the end of the day we now have single cards using 2x power of a normal GPU to do what needs to be done I see a lot of people complain but i see no change in power usage considering we all had SLI to run games in 4k. I will be back on tarkov at some point I am really caught up in Against the Storm and FF7R which are being some of the greatest SLI experiences of modern gaming.

Worrun3D likes this.
  2. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Final Fantasy 7 Remake SLI
    nvlink SLI

Compatibility bits- 0x8B0020F5
    SLI copy engine- 0x00000010

Now this is a game i have had no issues getting to work in SLI. Scaling is fantastic and visual issues are minimal sometimes a shadow or a light will flicker but it is very much secluded. However you do need to do a few things to get the game working. I am currently 15 hours into game play of this game after i got it working after about 5 minutes and i am stoked to be playing ff7r with SLI never thought it would happen. The game its self is extremely heavy on the old 5960x i see nearly 1kw power draw in the slums. Can't wait to volt mod my cards and go over the 150% power limit.

Game settings:

Ingame max it out
    downgrade version to 1.0 this will allow you to use a hook to load a custom engine.ini https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7remake/mods/74 follow this guide here.
    you need to do the usual steps to run unreal engine 4 in dx11, -d3d11 launch option will do.

Below is the engine.ini i prefer using to increase quality if at all applicable you will need an 11gb card to handle it. A more basic .ini to unlock fps and force real resolutions will be fine on an 8gb card @ 4k resolution contained in guide above.

[SystemSettings]
    r.SetRes=3840x2160f
    r.DynamicRes.OperationMode=0
    r.DynamicRes.MinScreenPercentage=100
    r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
    r.MotionBlur.Max=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=0
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=0
    r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
    t.MaxFPS=0
    r.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
    r.DetailMode=2
    r.EmitterSpawnRateScale=3
    r.MaxQualityMode=1
    r.MipMapLODBias-15
    r.MaxAnisotropy=16
    r.DisableDistortion=1

r.ViewDistanceScale=5
    r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=-2
    r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0.25
    r.Shadow.MaxResolution=4096
    r.Shadow.MaxCSMResolution=4096
    r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=16
    r.Shadow.TexelsPerPixel=10
    r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=0.01
    foliage.LODDistanceScale=5
    r.ShadowQuality=5
    r.Shadow.DistanceScale=2.0
    r.LandscapeLODDistributionScale=3
    r.LandscapeLOD0DistributionScale=3
    r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0
    r.ToneMapperFilm=1
    r.SSS.HalfRes=0
    r.Streaming.HLODStrategy=2

[/script/engine.renderersettings]
    r.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
    niagara.CreateShadersOnLoad=1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

osd size is manually increased in paint the resolution is 4k on both except SLI looks like it has mxao or some additonal stuff on. I don't know lol. Game runs consistently above 120fps in 3840x2160 with reshade on and upto 170fps depending on area with an average being in the 130-140 range.

Worrun3D and A M D BugBear like this.
  3. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    If possible, add the Bus usage on to your osd and try to increase the osd size a bit, thanks.

4. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    with nvlink its about 3% tops in any game no need to have it anymore like i used too very rare to hit half saturation of the bus.

the entire point of a 22gb/s connector is to take all that intercommunication off the pcie slots.

5. Worrun3D

Worrun3D Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Would this work without NVLink?

I took a long hiatus from Tarkov as well. BSG recently updated it with the biggest patch I've ever seen them update the game with, it almost feels like a different game since the last time I played. You'll have a lot of fun when you come back, it's been fantastic.

6. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    3% on a dx12 game? Yet alone on pseudo fullscreen mode which in my testing, even under dx11 will increase it if not under true fullscreen mode, will increase the overall stuttering and MS (Frametime) spikes as well as lowered both 1% & .1% Low's, good job.

EDIT:

Nm, that 3% was under dx11 correct? What was your reading under dx12? (Under 1 gpu mode)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
  7. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    dx12 single gpu between 1-7% in the first slums running around. Static is 1-4% depending where you are. 1440p sorry no fullscreen in dx12 so had to use borderless in my experience lower resolutions love to crank out higher bus usages
    dx11 SLI uses about 1% less at all times so 1-6% 2160p

Elden ring with HD texture improvement is the heaviest bus usage i have seen to date with a 3090 using like 15%+. The 5960x 2080ti (single) runs the game a LOT better then a 10900k 3090. I heard the rumors of newer hardware stuttering and it seems it is true and i can only say that the 5 generations older haswell E has significantly more memory bandwidth.

I have been watching the progress on youtube also sorry dude i don't know how i could test that i don't think there is a way to limit nvlink bandwidth all i could do is remove the bridge entirely and check which won't emulate the 2gb/s you have. However under an 8x slot the answer is a definite no because the 980ti would not work in 2way. 1080ti has 2x the bridge bandwidth though so with 16x16 it is feasible with TAA disabled. Steam has a less than 2 hour play time refund policy.

8. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Interesting, never knew Elden Ring had texture mods, I just recently took a look on nexus, sure enough there was some mods, almost 100gb for total texture improvements, I will take a look into this as well as to see if I can get Frame Generation to work on the Titan V, I am on my Titan V system more now then on my 4-Way Sli testing, I will go back to that in a bit.

How did you install the mod? Did you install the mods manually or through Vortex? (Nexus mod program use to install various mods)

If you did it manually, all you needed to do is dump all the files where they normally go right?

EDIT:

Would love to see you test sli + Frame generation mod, give it a try one time, probably won't work well with dx11.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
  9. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Don't use vortex just use modloader 2 and elden mod loader if you want to disable all the blurry crap thats on by default like DOF, vignette etc. so you can actually see.

10. Worrun3D

Worrun3D Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I already own and beat the game, loved it. Damn shame SLI won't work for that game on my rig, but I guess it doesn't matter anyway, the game runs smooth as butter on 1 GPU.

11. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Tried everything I could for the game: Elden Ring, even tried the DX11 workaround, still does not work, it still outputs DX12, even though the mod works, it outputs DX12, I also did very extensive extreme DX12 bits tuning with nvidia inspector, I couldn't change squat for that game, damn shame that the game has no DX11 option, you better believe it that I would tune the heck out of this game if it could run under DX11, but, it is what it is, no doubt, DX12 totally smoothered Sli pretty much completely, some of these games, under DX12, far's I am concerned, of course DX11 can do it, absolutely no question about it.

Going to try out those texture mods and going to try out to see FSR frame generation mod will work with my Titan V rig.

Kozary likes this.
  12. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    EDIT:

FSR Mod (Nukem) + Frame Generation (PureDark) + Frame rate unlocker works perfectly with Elden Ring, I will update it on my Extreme 4-Way Sli thread, thanks.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  13. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Helldivers 2 SLI
    Tuned on NvLink SLI system 2x 2080ti

Compatibility bits - 0x8C5120F5
    SLI Broadcast - 0x00700B01

Alternative profiles

20 hours of playtime working well on both my PCs
    Compatibility bits - 0x8C0128F5
    SLI Broadcast - 0x00700B01

Bit tuning
    2nd hex in compatibility is essential for controlling geometry issues and scaling range 8-F
    4th hex flicker control
    5th hex in compatibility for scaling 1 gives perfect scaling for insane flicker and 2 for more controlled scaling think of it as odd = scaling/flickering and even = less scaling with less flickering range to F but the difference is minimal.
    6th hex SLI sync 2, 4, 8 better.
    broadcast bits the 6th and 8th hex work in combination with the 2nd hex in compatibility number 8 has always been my go to for geometry issues in UE4 but B01 works well here along with some others.
    Hack bits the first bit can offer geometry control with the correct 6th hex in broadcast as an alternative to bits offered.

Game settings - on maximum and 4k native. no AA but it works if you enjoy blur filters
    " --use-d3d11 " in steam launch commands without quotation marks if you are not using dx11 with Helldivers 2 you will not have SLI
    disable fullscreen optimizations
    MUST be native no supersampling or the inferior quality options or it reverts to single card
    I am extremely CPU limited
    SSGI might hurt scaling or be a flicker toggle
    Screen space clouds on ultra seems to improve scaling

Notes - Seems pretty good some minor flickering nothing game breaking at all after 20 hours of play time the skybox can be kinda broken and sometimes light through fog flickers a little this will change per computer. Big thanks to Volteron for helping me test, tune and try. The major tuning bits for this game is simply the C in compat and the B01 and its variations of the two profiles the game had made. If you have issues there's no reason why you cant tune something up from whats here to work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
    FEARLESS_FARGO and A M D BugBear like this.
  14. HoneyNutNVIDIAs

HoneyNutNVIDIAs New Member

GPU:
    2x NVIDIA 1080Ti
    Appreciate all the work putting profiles together for this and other titles. If you do end up liking the game and put more tuning into the profile, I'll give it another whirl on my 2x 1080ti's.

Getting decent scaling with the preliminary profile you posted above (~50%), but I am seeing some of what look like render depth issues, and the levels being transparent in places.

15. FEARLESS_FARGO

FEARLESS_FARGO New Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX 1080TI 11GB
    Really glad to see the SLI community still kicking, excellent work so far on the Helldivers 2 SLI profile.
    Scaling is great however the two problems you mentioned persist and render the game unplayable.
    Screenshot_8.jpg

There is just too much flickering and the render depth bug places you at a different heights essentially ruining gameplay.

Please please pleaaaase spend some time perfecting this! The community along with myself would be very thankful to get a functional SLI profile working!

16. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

Be sure to check my Extreme 4-Way Sli tuning as well:

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/extreme-4-way-sli-tuning.425674/

17. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    In response to the interest in helldivers 2 tuning this game is tricky as enabling scaling bits causes geometry to mess up which then results in you being able to no clip, enemies/team mates spawning underground or in the sky etc. Basically if you want to cheat you just need the right bits most of the game is client sided. But most of the time this is game breaking spawning lakes and water in objectives areas so you cannot access the missions objective.

I have got bits that work for me and scale roughly 70% on map during a mission CPU is pegged at 100% usage and pulling 270w so i know i am cpu bottlenecked 3840x2160 and 5120x2880 native roughly the same fps and settings ultra to low same fps. No geometry issues at all and it is entirely playable, remaining issues are flicking lighting in certain areas/time of day and some textures flicker but it is a minor flicker and i generally would not bother trying to fix something like that.

I shared the bits with Volteron who shares 2080ti setup and he falls through the map so it is likely this game needs specific sli tuning to your system while it works fine for me it will probably never work for others. I will see if i can find alternative working bits this is the same case i encountered with Monster Hunter World where i had two working profiles and everyone could use one or the other but not both. I had to setup two different computers and work with tuning both.

35fps 5120x2880
    [​IMG]

59fps 5120x2880
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
  18. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Game uses the Autodesk Stingray, I believe, if I remembered correctly, I worked on a game that uses this engine, sounds extremely familiar, had to be one of my very old projects.

How is the game in general? Any good? I never even played the 1st one.

19. Kozary

Kozary Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti NVLink
    Vermintide 2 its in original post.

Good with friends boring as F without. Gameplay wise it is literally just the sequel fatshark could not make for vermintide and story wise it is Starship troopers to a tee something i loved as a young child. I would rate the game at probably 100 hours of good enjoyable playtime, lots of bugs & disconnecting but at least we can team kill eachother to get unstuck.

It is good and a real polarizing experience considering Warhammer Darktide was made on the same engine by a more experienced team with a bigger budget and played worse looked worse and ran worse and could not even run on DX11. That was my disappointment game of the decade and im still salty about it lol

From what i can tell from running this game on my alternate 8x8 sli setup. Quad gtx970 would be right on the pcie bus limit for 120fps in 1080p minimum settings if the CPU could power it.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
  20. HoneyNutNVIDIAs

HoneyNutNVIDIAs New Member

GPU:
    2x NVIDIA 1080Ti
    Spent some time yesterday messing around with compatibility bits for 1080ti SLI and Nvidia Surround. Best I've been able to come up with is 0x2C5000F5 for compatibility bits with the rest at defaults. That still flickers like crazy, and there's a tendency to fall through the map when you drop. But 45 fps, 7780 x 1440 at max settings is certainly promising.

It may be a lost cause, since I have a hunch that Helldivers 2 is running the collision detection on the GPU side. Another hunch is without NVLink, you can't run the appropriate broadcast settings to keep things synced up perfectly, so small inconsistencies in the collision checks between frames are causing issues, not to mention all the flicker. If I try 0x00000008 as mentioned above the game turns into a smeary mess, possibly because the HB bridge can't keep up. I did have some minor success with 0x00000200, which seems to give you solid ground to land on of sorts, but its at the wrong z-height.

The game certainly looks impressive in surround, and I can get 45-ish fps if I use the "quality" upscaling setting on a single card.

upload_2024-3-10_11-32-45.jpeg