Kingpin: Reloaded Revealed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Kolt, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    This game has aged pretty badly so everything needs a serious makeover. Bad language and a Cypress Hill beat is not going to win over gamers in 2020.
    You can improve the gameplay but it will still not be very impressive in 2020 so improving the visuals are key in my opinion.

I liked this game in 1999 but it really needs a lot of work to make me buy this game again especially if it's above the 15 euro price range.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The goal is not really to win over people by competing with other 2020 releases.
    The goal is to take a classic game, that a lot of people have affection for, and improve it.

Visuals are getting updated, slightly. But, not to the point of remaking the entire game. Models will be left as they are, maybe weapon models will be improved.. but, that has not been decided just yet.
    Textures, could be improved... but again, that's not final.
    Lighting, proper widescreen... those are definite.

The main goal is to improve the gameplay. To make the game what it truly should have been.

3. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    I'm not talking about competing with 2020 releases i'm talking about a minimum standard.
    Seriously when i saw the trailer i thought it was a joke but it wasn't. If this is not getting proper
    new textures and more graphical enhancements why release it? Wait another year and do it
    properly or simply release it as a gameplay mod.

4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Because, the trailer... did not use final footage. It was made to announce the game. Everything is considered place holder until the game is released.

The "Enhanced" mode will be 4K compatible, native widescreen, global illumination, updated shadows, ambient occlusion, in game AA..
    As I said, updated textures are a possibility and is something the team are looking at. But, the key is to not loose the feel of the original game's visuals.
    Updated models, again... possible... but a very, very small possibility. But people should not plan on it.
    And, with the Kingpin Community Council that was announced, fans will be able to play test and offer direct feedback so we can make it the best possible version of Kingpin.

But, why release it? Because the main goal is the fix the core gameplay as well as update the visuals.
    A big focus of the Enhanced release will be to better balance the game's difficulty and pacing. Weapons, quests and inventory. How the player is informed during their time with the game.
    Do you know how many people had/have no idea you could loot enemy bodies for money? There are still people who were unaware of that, because the game never tells you.

It's about making Kingpin the best game it could be.

5. PeteyPWN

PeteyPWN New Member

GPU:
    AMD 4gb
    Question.....Will I be able to “bunny hop”? The original kingpin was infamous for bunny hopping!

6. PeteyPWN

PeteyPWN New Member

GPU:
    AMD 4gb
    Is multiplayer going to change at all? I’m really looking forward to playing multiplayer....if there’s a community.

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Goal is to make it feel like the original. Movement is key.

PeteyPWN likes this.
  8. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    Is this game delayed because of Corona?

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    No.
    3DR and Slipgate Ironworks are a global studio. With people working digitally from their home.
    Only a handful of people, maybe 8 or so, work from the office in Denmark.

Kingpin is moving along nicely, and we have a reveal planned. It's just taken a bit longer then originally planned, as this is being done without the original source code. As that code was lost.

emperorsfist likes this.
  10. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Good to hear! Thanks for the info.

11. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    Thanx for your reply. I was looking @Steam and saw Q2 as release date that's why i asked.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, the Q2 date on Steam was a place holder. And it's easier to simply leave it as is until we have a more defined release window.