1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kingdom Hearts 3

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2018.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Looking damn good. well 5 years of development.. heh...

jan 29 2019

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    So its development hell is over?

LOL this game has been in hell so bad many people were doubting it would ever get released.

3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    yeah it's a pass for me

4. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    My excitement for KH3 has returned after seeing the trailer, although I don't know if I'll be able to relate to some of the worlds as they seem to be using a lot of newer Disney settings (Tangled, Frozen, Wreck It Ralph). I haven't had the interest to see any of those so I might feel a little lost when I visit them in the game.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    eh i liked wreck it ralph and frozen they were not horrible movies. granted it is near sin for a manly man to admit they liked frozen, her parents are lesson in how not to raise your kids.

I would say check out wreck it ralph at lest.

6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  8. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    didnt play the games before this and probably wont either any time soon, I am no fan of Disney so I still not play these any time soon, if I can get all the games in the series for like 10$ i might actual do

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Disney is like the Borg. One day you will have to be a fan of Disney. Resistance is futile :p

WhiteLightning likes this.
  12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    True , we all have been disney-fied

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Guess one day, I hear Mavel is owned by disney but seeing i dont really care for there movies either resistance continues , Really only thing I really like from disney is Tron and maybe pirate movies, Well I kinda take that back I did like the orginal mickey mouse but mostly cause the original black and white cartoons portray him a sadistic mouse lmao

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    One thing I've heard about KH3, there are no more FF characters featured in the game. Just Disney and original KH characters this time.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well even less reason for me to want to buy it let alone play it

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    My Xbox One X Deluxe Edition is being delivered today by DPD between 12pm and 1pm, which is a nice surprise as the email I got yesterday said it was being delivered on 28th (Monday) but now it’s been updated to Saturday, 26th. Can’t wait!

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Wow, this game really is a work of art in terms of visuals and audio. The recreations of Disney classics such as Hercules look stunning but having now seen the Tangled-themed world, it just completely blows me away. The cutscenes especially are to behold, they really are amazing. Music is also absolutely magnificent too and the voice-acting really great. As for the gameplay, it's a ton of fun as anyone who has played the previous games will know but the combat somehow just seems even more entertaining here. Really cannot recommend this game highly enough. Played it for 6 hours yesterday.

Only gripes so far are some wobbly framerates - it seems to be targeting 60 fps but rarely achieves it so the game often feels stutter (even with the second Stable graphics mode which locks to 30 fps, I believe, but suffers from frame-pacing issues of all things). Not game-breaking due to the enjoyment factor of the game but still disappointing. Also, some of the loading times can be a bit too long - only 20 seconds rather than minutes but it still feels too long for this kind of game.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    SQE is really good and making great looking games that has never changed.

30FPS is perfectly fine so long as game has no framepacing issues special if they game is running at 4K but it it running at 1080p with frame pacing issue not so much for base verison of xbox one sure

Perfect example of 30fps being fine is Horizon Zero Dawn, is running 1080p on base ps4, and I didnt really noticed it was running 30 fps until I read it was, and that was cause it had no framepacing issue. but other games that ran 30 fps like bloodborne that had framepacing issue were just eh.

As for loading time nice FFXV had some truely horrid loading times one my main peeves about consoles are there loading times compared to pc verison of the game, and fact that ps4 and xbox one both install games full to the drive and there loading time are still slower then there pc counter parts is annoying to me and I am talking a 7200rpm PC vs 7200rpm console

19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Gonna try to unlock it early tomorrow, hopefully VPN method works for me!

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    There are two graphics modes: Default and Stable. Defaults seems to be running with an unlocked framerate that is capped at 60 fps. It isn't quite a locked 60 fps but it feels mostly fine and you quickly adjust to it (well perhaps the fact that I've played this addictive game for 18 hours so far helped!!!). Stable seems to be the 30 fps mode but it isn't a smooth 30 fps so I assume there are framepacing issues. Out of the two, I much prefer the Default mode as feels smoother for the most part. Cutscenes seem to be locked at 30 fps. Not quite sure what the resolution is but although the game is really clean looking for the most part, which adds to its CGI movie quality, I have noticed some aliasing so there may be a dynamic resolution in play in one or even both modes.

I cannot reiterate enough just how terrific this game is though. The combat is just so much un and the boss battles are incredible and very thrilling. There are so many moves plus the special moves are a sight to behold. Beating each of the worlds unlocks a new Keyblade that has unique abilities and attacks so there's decent variety including enemy types (some themed to the worlds). The combat in the original game just feels so dull after playing this (and I went back last night to look at Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Final Remix on PS4).

Even without the Disney/Pixar licence this still would have been a great game on the combat alone but they definitely add to the game's charms and make it far more appealing than if it had been, say, another Final Fantasy game. Not sold on the story so far; it's essentially a tale of good versus evil, of light versus dark and there are a lot of references to the earlier games so newcomers may get lost trying to understand all the mentions of previous characters and events. However, if you want you can just ignore the story and enjoy it that way because each world has its own little self-contained theme/plot that ties back to the original movie thus allowing the developers to recreate almost pixel-perfect recreations of scenes in Tangled. Other levels retain the feel of the original movies but use original cutscenes, including making the lead characters look different to fit it which adds to the visual variety.

Another nice touch is that flashbacks to the previous games retain the same simpler visual style of those games (in their remastered form) rather than making them look like the new game. Usually, this would be jarring in other games but it works perfectly here. Also, the menus, fonts and HUD all mirror the original games to keep the same style.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019