Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 19, 2013.

1. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    All in all impression from me (without the expansions):

Combat is ultra realistic and not always fun. Archery feels good if you can pull off instakill headshots. Choosing your weapon is essential - blades for bandits & mercs, spears for big animals and morningstars for heavily armored knights.
    You could manage fighting against 2 if you walk around sideways so that one guy blocks the other from attacking. If you run into a group of 3 or more then RUUUUUN!

Story is realistic but slow paced, like in a 70ies middle age movie

Missions are dense and can take 30mins. Listening to what you're being told is essential, map doesnt always show markers like 'go here, do this'.

Punishment for crimes is harsh, you may have to stay away from cities where your next mission takes place

Sometimes ppl attack you because they recognize you from a crime you committed hours ago (real life hours). Which can be fun.

Night time is pitch black. Walking around in a forest with a latern feels like a horror game. At every crossroad some bandit may try to murder or rob you. But sometimes it's just a hunter asking you for help. You never know, it's like the wild west out there.

S.T.A.R.A.C. and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    So I take it that the combat has been fixed, great! I really hated killing everything from a single riposte somewhere around midgame and if it's fixed, I'll play through it during holidays.

Are DLCs worth it ? I mean they seem very minor, but they also cost just a few €.

3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Bought the Royal Edition for $24 ($26 with tax) \o/

4. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    A Woman's Lot is pretty good, the others are kinda whatever but if you like the game and want more they're not bad.

From the Ashes has you build up a new town that eventually will give you free money forever, and the option to buy the best horses in the game and stuff like that. It's not much fun on its own though.

The Hans Capon one and Band of Bastards could have just been sidequests in the main game honestly, but I liked them well enough.

fantaskarsef and Backstabak like this.

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Looking forward to starting this from scratch with my new hardware, never played it to completion so now with the DLC and hopefully lots of interesting mods it will be even better than before :)

fantaskarsef and DocStrangelove like this.
  6. Calmmo

Calmmo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Finished it before the last 2 DLC's.
    Kinda want to play them but they're far too expensive atm
    GOTY type editions and their discounts making me regret buying the game "early" yet again.

7. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    I backed on Kickstarter a million years ago :)

DocStrangelove and cerebus23 like this.
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    eh dlcs by all acoount are hit or miss.

the woman one people tend to hate because it pulls you out of your game to play her arc and you cant back out once you start so your locked into a 3 4 hour dlc. if you beat the game you really do not give a toss if your playing another character for a few hours you got nothing to do in game period.

the town dlc is a few hours and some extra coin coming in good to play alongside the main game but something to do after? very meh dlc.

leaves the dating ones being the highest rated because of your bromance with the prince. nice character development there really devs btw,

so the dlc is kinda overall meh i certainly not restarting to "experience" the dlc fresh its just kinda there or ok.

middling dlc too bad they could not do a bit more with some of it.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    How much role play is involved in this game? Is it similar to say Skyrim?

Seems more of a hack and slash.

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    oh god no it nothing like skyrim lol your gonna die a ton early on because you suck simple as that and it takes leveling up and training to get gud levels matter and gear matters a ton.

it is also a "historical simulator" (mordahu has better combat imo) but its got zoned attacks and blocks and timing matters it is FAR more in depth than a hack and slash. bows have to be aimed off target to account for range and movement.

its also sparse there not tons of stuff to fond or points of interest its forests with some critters, cept bears and wolves which would have been around but they kept killing the NPCs in towns :p so there just deer and other safe huntable critters. best money maker hands down poaching though.

length wise i think its around a 20-30 hour RPG but its the first half of a 2 or 3 part game so it does not have a proper ending and it gets interesting in the 2nd half of the first chapter and then sort of ends to be continued style.

some of the dropped ideas like the massive battles and etc kinda disappointing, but it is cryengine and they only had so much time to optimize and really did not do a bad job of it but massive battles were out of the picture.

Embra likes this.

11. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    @cerebus23

Thank you very much for your response. I appreciate the info. :)

cerebus23 likes this.
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I've kinda been keeping an eye on this game to see how it fairs after all the updates, and it looks like something I could get into. As long as it doesn't feel like Skyrim I'll probably give it a try when it's really cheap on Steam.

cerebus23 likes this.
  13. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    $14.99 on steam right now.

cerebus23 likes this.
  14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    [​IMG]

fantaskarsef and DocStrangelove like this.
  15. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    KCD is FREE on EPIC,awesome game for free

DocStr4ngelove likes this.

16. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    QFT!

It's like a 1st person RDR2 with swords. SP campaign is super long. Took me 3 hours just to get used to the fighting styles with the trainer.
    It's a bad game for jumping in and out to play other games on the side though. You need to be good at this game to play it.

fantaskarsef, Elder III and Solfaur like this.
  17. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Played it, refunded it. Still not interested. Not even for free. This bugfilled unoptimized mess is not worth my time. Also, the worst combat system in history of gaming...

18. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    LOL
    OH man what a mistake I made with my 500+hours playing the game,where were you when I bought this game.Feels like I wasted all my time,I feel so duped and ripped off,wonder if I could still get a refund,I do have it on steam.

19. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Time to test this with GeForce Now
    Oh damn, they don't support the EpicGamesStore version

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Been looking forward to playing this for the first time and just finished up around 3 hours, I'll start with the positives. I love the atmosphere and realism, excellent voice acting and much more story driven than I expected which is great. Inventory, quest, map, journal system is well layed out and easy to navigate. The negatives are exactly what I was hoping to avoid by waiting to play this game until it had been polished up. Long and just strange loading times, texture streaming, and audio glitches. Still have a lot of tweaking to do, but I think it's worth going forward. Kinda reminds me of when the first Witcher game came out, awesome game but very rough at release. Those issues were fixed via the Enhanced Edition, but unfortunately I don't think Warhorse has the resources to do the same which sucks because I think there's a lot of talent there.

DocStr4ngelove and Solfaur like this.