1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 19, 2013.

1. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    They can't optimize the engine because it isn't theirs. It's a Cryengine, but old Cryengine 3 version. They can always make some optimizations, the only question is will they do it?
    For the next game, a sequel, the best solution would be to use Cryengine 5 cause it works much better and it's more advanced. But optimization also depends on how much effort you put into it, it's not just the engine. The good thing is that they have much larger team now. It's doubled now.

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    they should just hop over to lumberyard since they can develop and support that branch of cryengine better than cryengine can.

amazon has more money than god if it wanted that dump that much into evolving and promoting cryengine? geeze.

3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    LOL I reinstalled the game fresh.I am now one of the people with a bug after a couple hundred hours and I have not figured it out yet since my last post 6+ hours ago.

Same install on different Steam accounts.
    One account runs OK but not much optimization going on,still runs like a turd without mods on ultra settings with high end gear.Runs good though on crap hardware with adjusted settings.

One account can not enable HD Textures/Sound at all and does not even come up in Steam under DLC section(search through google ,has happened to other people).This has me stumped,like I never seen before in a PC game.Not a big deal,I do not even plan on playing the Woman's Lot DLC anyway.I will fucking figure out this stupid game if it takes me a week.

4. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Actually you are completely wrong here. Cryengine 5 is much more advanced and easier to use then Lumberyard. Crytek has made huge changes with 5 version, and Lumberyard is still basically a little bit different version of Cryengine 3.

5. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    Just one question, hope a guru can help me...

Do you still automatically turn around when an enemy swings at you? Nothing worse than trying to get away from a mob and you keep auto-turning whenever one of them swings...

I quickly read through the patch notes on lunch break but didn't see anything on this annoying and immersion breaking "feature".

This patch might get me to try the game again even if this isn't fixed...gave up on it a year ago due to its clunk and bugs but this is quite the patch...

6. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    press middle mouse to disengage, although it does still auto-lock on pretty easily afterward

7. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
  8. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi 1070 X / 970 / 780Ti
    Just wanted to mention that the base game is in next month's Humble Bundle if anyone has been waiting to buy. ($12)