1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I had an issue with cutscenes running slow (down to 20 fps even) without fullscreen, but other than that it ran ok on borderless. Slightly lower fps but thats normal

2. Stryfex

Stryfex Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI SC
    The Alt+Tab bug is just reverting to borderless instead of fullscreen - the reverting to fullscreen (after returning to the game) is what is invoking what you observed with the setting everything to high

combined these 2 issues are a nightmare - and in my opinion make the game unplayable

3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    LOL did you even try anything else.

For the ALT + Tab people out there. When you Alt + Tab your game goes to borderless mode and you want a fix for this, here is what you do.
    Play game in Window mode and when you get the urge, then instead of Alt + Tab you should Alt + Enter ,this will switch your game between window and full screen mode without problems.
    As many times as you like and will not make the game unplayable or absolute deal breakers for the Alt + Tab people.

4. Stryfex

Stryfex Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI SC
    I will try that tonight - alt+enter before alt+tab then again when returning

if that works I'll take another crack at tweaking it - game seems somewhat CPU bound (4770K @ 4.1) as most of the graphics settings I tweak don't seem to have an effect on FPS (1080TI)

5. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Do not Alt + Tab anytime.Just windowed mode and Alt + Enter for windowed and fullscreen.

You want better FPS ,I put together some mods.Read the read me if you have any trouble.

Google Drive- optimized_graphic_presets Enhanced Edition with 19 AA Modes + Change Weather on the Fly and more
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AwJcnV_-LWmlquImkdEcc5N-9gpi3M_k/view?usp=sharing

Google Drive-Weather FPS Mod with user.cfg
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qOikUx3gYIuCjZvd8tQbx1flg1sU3aC7/view?usp=sharing

50 On The FLy Reshades for any game
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iiySRX2pnJQZMwa_IL4lbrAbLR7GWN9R/view?usp=sharing

Kingdom Come Deliverance Rattay 60 FPS Rainy Night Time

6. sunkid

sunkid Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1070 Ti
    The problem persists even today.

If one ALT-TABs out of game, the graphical settings change to HIGH. It's incredibly annoying. A simple fix is to set the .ini file to read only.

7. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Frack I am not sure why this bugged me, but there are no .ini files in to set to read only in Kingdom Come Deliverance. Please explain so I know.Thanks

8. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2080 Ti
    Late to the party on this game but I'm absolutely loving it so far. Feels like a proper RPG. I have some gripes about the engine / graphics but I think it's mostly because they are an inexperienced studio. It reminds me a bit of Metro in that respect, super polished in some areas and mediocore in others. It reminds me a bit of skyrim but way better combat / story.

A side note... I seem to have issues using HDMI audio... it works fine with my USB headset but when using HDMI audio the sound cuts out unless I am in windowed mode. I found a few other people with this issue while searching on google, but none of the fixes worked. As soon as I put the game back to fullscreen the audio stops working. I have tried disabling other sound devices but nothing seems to work... Would love to play this on my 4K TV but without HDMI audio it's an no-go...

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    That has nothing to do with the engine. Also they are not inexperienced, they have small team.
    Remember that this game is Kickstarted.

10. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2080 Ti
    Then why are there things completely missing like volumetric fog? You can tell the atmosphere in the game is definitely missing a lot of the post processing effects that other games have. That may not be directly related to the engine but for whatever reason they decided not to implement it.

It's just like the extreme texture pop-in which disappeared once I used my SSD. I never remember it being so bad in any other Crytek game. So yes I would chalk it up to inexperience. Or how about the lockpicking game being horrendous? Most people agree it is -- I don't think an experienced studio would have implemented minigames the way they did. Don't get me started on the thousands of small bushes which have FULL collision resulting in some absolutely ridiculous situations.

11. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    KDC is my favorite game I played in years but I agree some of the stuff in the game is absolutely ridiculous and absent from the game .
    Where is the fishing and hunting.I know you can pick a fish out of a trap but there has to be more than some deer/rabbit/boar/chicken/dog in the woods in the 1400's.

12. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Volumetric fog is missing because they disable it. They probably think that it's not realistic enough just like many other effects that devs use in other games.

Btw, this isn't Crytek game. They have introduced new features here, and the goal was to implement realism as much as possible. So you really can't compare it to other games. And the bushes should have collision, and if you pack them together it should create a wall.

13. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
  14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    thats a huge patch right there...they have finished with the dlcs?

maybe its time to play it.

15. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Good to see them still dishing out large patches, and not abandoning the game (outside of churning out one more DLC). My father's been quite enamoured with this game, so I think he'll appreciate it.

16. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I played through half of it on release, but I had some work and didn't get around to finish it. So I'm just waiting now for all DLCs to play through it whole again. Hope they have made combat more difficult since the release.

17. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    One of my favorite game's, played a couple hundred hours only one play through and I do not think I even finished the last Band Of Bastards DLC then uninstalled it.

Read through all the patch notes not sure if they actually made the game run better on Ultra settings but it sure is fun wasting time messing with mods.

Downloading again to check how it runs without mods

Optimizations
    • Changing graphics settings is much faster now.
    • We solved many performance peaks to optimize the game. Framerate should be more consistent now.
    • Framerate in battles slightly improved by adjusting visual settings.
    • We slightly improved framerate in the most demanding locations by removing some light sources.
    • Graphical settings adjusted. Lower settings should look the same and run slightly faster. Higher settings should run the same and look slightly better.

18. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
  19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    so now it just to wait out the royal edition upgrade i guess ;p.

already picked up about half the dlc on sales though. not even played any of them so i got a bunch of hours already not explored.

nice they still tweaking fixing and optimizing stuff, maybe they can get the engine to the point they can have those massive battles they wanted but the engine would implode. being the next chapter involves a full scale war going on, i would hope they can make this happen.

20. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2080 Ti
    They really need to patch out bandits using torches at night. The lag when you fight 3-4 guys with torches is stupid.