1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 19, 2013.

1. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Darren, How do you like the game?

2. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX GTX 1070
    I played roughly 40 min of this game. Downloaded it last night at 10:40PM and only had at a limited time to play.

On my GTX 1070 - it runs at around 60fps outside and 40fps inside- the range is anywhere between 40 and 60 at 1080p. I have everything set on Ultra, no AA, Shadows on high, FOV 65 and the slider thingies maxed out. Still need to play around to maybe boost my FPS a bit - didn't look around for tweaks or anything at this point.

So far so good, I played fist fought that one dude who refused to pay - got the key and have NO IDEA what to do with it.

I like the HUD, the mechanic, the dialogues etc.. I don't like how interacting with NPCs pull a 4-5s loading screen. Quick saving is not an option - I'm not sure how I feel about that. One of the reasons for playing 40 min is because I found out I couldn't quick save so point going too far in... and I couldn't dedicate too much time (1-2 hrs) to playing cuz work tomorrow o_O

3. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    I smell a refund Slick3..

4. Turnip

Turnip New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080 TI
    Anyone here playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance with a SSD, 4790K, 1080 TI and at the 1440p resolution? I could do with some performance tweaks to make it playable if so. As soon as I took a stroll down to the first village my fps dropped to 25-30 :(. I checked the benchmarks, some threads online and changed a few things shaders to high, shadows to high, post processing high everything else still set to ultra high for now, fullscreen also enforced. My NVCP settings are G-Sync, highest refresh rate which is 144HZ, prefer maximum performance, threaded optimization on, v-Sync on. Created a user.cfg file and thrown in r_Vsync = 0 and sys_MaxFPS = 144 with the launch command +exec user.cfg. Framelimit set to 140 in RTSS

I'm finding the game impossible to play at the moment because as soon as I step inside that first village my fps takes a complete crap :(. My cpu usage isn't anywhere near 100% yet my gpu usage is allover the place in the town areas. Not even able to refund as I bought it through Green Man Gaming instead lol.

It seems some users are running the game completely fine others not so much :(.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Wait until the game actually lets you go out into the world properly, it gets much better than the introductory scene.

I love bow and arrow~ shooting people in the head is hard but so so satisfying.... unless they wear a full head armor where the arrow just goes "dink" on their head lol.

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    Fun stuff - when you go out in the wilds where the graphics are waaay more impressive the FPS actually goes up a LOT (70-80+ fps), whereas in towns that are mostly meh, it tanks. o_O

7. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Usually towns are way more CPU intensive in games because of all the NPCs, scripts etc. That's probably why. :)

Solfaur likes this.
  8. Turnip

Turnip New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080 TI
    Edited the post. video is currently undergoing Youtube processing so the 720p, 1080p and 1440p resolutions are not ready yet. Seems to be taking ages for some reason.

This is now at 1440p very high preset with Shadows, shaders and post processing set to high. (still between 25 and 60 fps in this area - ultra high pretty much the same).not even left the starting area as the severity of these drops are frustrating me. 4 hours of game time in the menu's and switching things up and still laggy.

Even if I drop the resolution down to 1920x1080 Ultra it's still dipping to the 40's in this area. I have no idea how some are able to achieve 60fps constantly. I have tried some of the little work arounds posted on the net and it's still running terribly.

Based on the video below can upcoming patches fix this horrible mess or is it time to upgrade?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Seems to be a pattern, you too have core 2 maxed, a few have reported the same.
    Most likely the reason for bad performance. Hopefully patches will fix it (likely).

Btw what happens you guys if you disable core 2 (set affinity to other cores)? Has anyone tried?

I'm guessing but could be the game runs simulation on core 2 only or almost exclusively, hence performance tanks in populated areas even if nothing visible is happening.

Would also explain why graphics settings can't alleviate the problem.

10. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX GTX 1070
    I'll stick with this one - haven't played an RPG that suits me since The Witcher 3. Although I don't expect it to be like TW3, I see this one being fun. Plus the developers are welcoming community mods, and future updates will hopefully make the game run better - although I am fine with it running 'alright'.

Plus I will need way way more than 2 hours before forming my opinion considering the depth of the game - I believe you can't refund games if you have more than 2 hours game time.

Solfaur and AsiJu like this.

11. Loster

Loster Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 2080TI
    For SLI i found the Crysis3 SLI Bit scales very good. Doubles my fps.
    Found the tip on youtube.

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Your PC is almost exactly the same as mine, only I have an i7-4770K @ 4.0 GHz, but your performance mirrors what I am seeing. And, yes, I have one core maxing out at times with the others hovering around 30% to 55%.

Shadows seem to have biggest performance hit so try setting them to Medium, especially if you have all the draw distance sliders maxed.

It’s not running great on any system at the moment without dropping many of the settings. On my Xbox One X the game has been confirmed to be capped at 31 FPS which is ridiculous and is the reason the game never feels smooth, especially when turning. It also has dips to the low 20s FPS in places.

Game needs many more patches in my opinion before it is up to scratch. With all the bugs the game is still technically in beta... they should have kept it that way and only released it once it was finished properly.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Same here actually now that I've looked, core 2 at 100%... this is with an FX 8320,

14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    As i can see the game have only Sunny days and rain? No Snow or something like that?

I guess im gonna have to wait for many patches + mods to get into that game :D

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    Story takes place during summer time. It's truly beautiful outside in the wild woods and fields, reminds me much of summers at my country side house. I all looks very familiar in a good way. As far as I know they basically recreated actual geographical places, no surprise it looks so realistic.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Hey guys, just a quick performance monitoring run @ 1080p w/ Very High preset:

Seems I don't have the one-core-maxed issue, hence solid performance (for now at least).
    Although core 2 sees most usage clearly for me as well.

W10x64 16299.125 build, NV 388.31 driver.

(PS: check out the description text when Motion Blur is selected, lols)

Going inside the house actually sees higher GPU usage, probably due to volumetric lighting.
    Dropping lighting to High reduces GPU usage to around 90 % and allows for stable 60 fps.

EDIT:
    things got a bit worse later in Talmberg. During the night storm framerate tanked to 40s at worst.
    GPU usage is maxed when that happens though. CPU core 2 can momentarily have up to 100 % usage but it quickly evens out.

EDIT 2:
    dropping Lighting to Medium seems to help quite a bit.
    I'm now running High preset, except Lighting at Medium, Textures at Ultra High, and LOD distance max.

Can't say I'd notice much difference in IQ vs Very High preset.

17. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Both are resolved with mods:

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/1
    https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/27

I also recommend these mods:

no reticule + clean HUD combo:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/24

no arrow trails:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/7

DS4 icons (only if using a DS4 controller of course):
    https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/8

Sectorial lockpicking:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/32

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    As for gameplay, I really like it actually.

Game is very immersive, world seems to be full of detail.
    Characters seem realistic and believable and dialogue is smart.
    Particularly liked the conversations Henry had with his father, felt really like father talking to his son, plus dropped hints about future gameplay possibly...

Combat is difficult but rewarding. Btw felt a lot easier and intuitive with a controller. Haven't fought much yet though.
    There's quite a delay between input and action but I'm guessing this improves with leveling up too.

Love the level up system, instead of amassing arbitrary XP you level up by doing said stuff.
    Love how you learn history tidbits all the time and that they are given as codex entries for you to read or ignore.

Visually the game is truly impressive especially given its complexity. World is vibrant and alive and character models imo look very good, the usual rpg 'blockiness' isn't very noticeable.

Barely scratched the surface but systems seem logical and manageable, setting is interesting and gameplay is immersive.

Henry is very relatable and likeable as a character.
    Not a superhuman hero protagonist but a human.

Haven't run into any bugs either yet and performance is acceptable. Hope patches improve things though.
    Especially as many seem to have pretty bad issues with it.

PS: for reference I never got into Skyrim or Witcher but love Dark Souls.
    However Skyrim and Witcher fans should like this game as well I believe.

Plus I tried Witcher a few years back, it could very well click these days.

19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Anyone tried the Hunting (Bow only?) Gameplay style? Or its not possible at all?

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Completely possible, I am not very good at the sword so I'm using bow and arrow, once you get the horse it can become such a life saver, I got surrounded by some bandits so I whistled for the horse and then ran back and forth shooting arrows at the bandits from the horse.

Solfaur likes this.