Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 19, 2013.

1. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    I dont like to play games with low quality settings on my 1080ti. Right now I have MANY great games to play, so I can wait few years to play KC Deliverance :) (and probably game will be patched and fully playable then)

anxious_f0x likes this.
  2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    ''If you're getting performance issues on Kingdom Come, drop shadows,
    shaders and post processing to high if you're attempting to play on ultra.
    Gaining 20-30fps just dropping down those 3 with minimal visual impact.''

Dragam1337 likes this.
  3. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    I remember crysis 1, shaders at high looked much worse, the same with shadows quality. Like I have said before, I have many games to play right now, and I'm not forced to play that unoptimised code right now, I can easily wait.

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I was asking only about the CPU scaling section so thanks :)

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti Strix H20
    No it didn't.
    That game looks really unnatural on medium shaders.
    Almost cartoony colors.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    You know when a game is not that well-optimised when GeForce Experience recommends a mix of mostly Medium/High settings with LOD, Object and Draw Distance set to 5% (w-w-what?!?!?!) for a GTX 1080 Ti. That is exactly what it recommends I set the game to.

Solfaur likes this.
  7. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    And this is why i've chosen to avoid the game until it's had a few patches, it's the sort of game i just want to play and get immersed in without having to tweak settings every 5 minutes.

Like i said before, CryEngine + open-world = recipe for disaster...

It is a nice looking game, but the performance just isn't there right now.

8. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    This has nothing to do with Cryengine in open world. This is about how much effort you put into optimization.
    Obviously this is small team with extremely small budget, and the game is huge project.

Btw, the worst people are these with GTX 1080 cards who think that every game should work flawlessly with extreme resolutions.

9. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    This is a suck it and see game for me, if in 6 months it's all fixed up I'll buy it in the sale.

10. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    KissSh0t likes this.

11. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Since release or including all of the Kickstarter backed (and Warhorse direct) sales?

12. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    When I bought it yesterday, it was still classed as beta (or something similar) and I had to agree that my right to cancel the sales agreement was nulled.
    The sale was final.
    The real sod is I cant even play it because the newer steam client has screwed my games up, they crash instead of loading, doh!
    Verified on Windows 7, Windows 10 and a backup of Windows 7. Works fine until steam updates, now I cant play it.
    No help from Valve yet either.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    That should just be the generic Steam message when purchasing something, as long as the total playtime is under 2 hours (They kinda should raise that limit.) and you bought the game no more than 14 days back it is refundable. :)

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    Yeah canceling sales agreement is not the same as a refund.

It's the same for all digital goods as they are delivered instantly.
    Normal physical goods have a delivery time during which you can usually cancel your order (sales agreement).

15. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    I don't know. On Steam about 300 000 copies is sold.

16. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    Just as I originally figured. Game sucks, thank Jeebus for Steam refunds.

Optimize what exactly? Fixing bugs are not optimizations, they are fixes. Optimizing is getting a game to perform optimally within it's required hardware resource. The engine didn't have design intentions for RPG's, that much is well documented which is why the A.i. flowgraphs are effecting the performance causing frame rate instabilities and stuttering issues despite graphic settings and it's especially in areas of high geometry such as towns because Cryengine was never a universal engine which is why it does so poorly with RPG's, Racing and Flight sims as a lot of the code would have to be reworked to properly deal with these genres much like EA had to with Frostbite. Cryengine has been largely neglected by Crytek and quickly becoming limited and dated.

And the reason why the patch is 23 gigs is because of the engine, so if you change just 1kb in a file, you have to repackage a 2 gigabyte chunk. Sure the game is janky and none of this would matter normally but it's a $60 game and trying to justify a full priced game because it's a small team doesn't prevent the game from being janky. Notice how no one made the same excuse for AC: Unity because it had a huge team yet was just as janky. Any game with such serious and sometimes game stopping bugs should not be asking for full price regardless of what the excuse is until it's all been fixed.

17. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    Not the first Prey that came out back in 2006, i'm talking about the latest one.

Prey is a first-person shooter video game developed by Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. The game was released worldwide on 5 May 2017, for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.Wikipedia

Initial release date: May 5, 2017
    Developer: Arkane Studios
    Engine: CRYENGINE
    Genre: First-person shooter
    Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
    Designers: Raphaƫl Colantonio, Chris Avellone

18. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    So far been playing Kingdom Come for a few minutes and am using "Very High" game settings. I've read and i'm aware of some weird fps drop or stutter in the game, but it just looks to be a tough engine. Hopefully they can patch it soon.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    I dropped the Shaders, Post-Processing and Shadows down to High but keeping everything else maxed/at Ultra High yet I still experience framerates that can dip to the low 20s fps in places. What is odd about these dips is that they can occur indoors will no NPCs around which does not make any sense at all. At other times the game can run at 60-70 fps. There is no consistency at all. Even during the static Wait/Sleep animations the framerate can be seen to be fluctuating around the 90 fps mark (why it isn't running at 164 fps here, the max refresh of my display, is a mystery as it is just a 2D image that rotates).

Here is a screenshot of the opening village where the framerate tanks to 21-26 fps no reason despite being between two buildings (so the draw distance is obscured) and with no NPCs in sight. At this point even looking up at the sky or down to the ground raises the framerate only to 33 fps!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Have you looked at the gpu memory usage with something like gpu-z while playing the game? how close does it get to max available?