Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
  2. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    Is it just me or does this game seriously has inconsistent performance framerates? At times it'll be 60 solid then suddenly 10-15 frame drops. See very little to no performance difference between very high and ultra high settings.

Also why does it always have a brief loading time for conversation scenes?

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'm getting some inconsistent performance too.. but for the most part it is running pretty good, using 18.2.2

I love that night time is pitch black if there is no light source, kind of gives you a real reason to use a torch...

Something I noticed is that the introductory cutscenes at the start of the game are video and then later on it uses in-game, I had sold the red scarf while trying to figure out selling/buying and then in the following cutscenes the red scarf was back on the character, I guess they didn't think the player would do something like that so early on in the game haha.. other than that silliness I'm really enjoying it.

The horse chase was pretty awesome... the whole time I was going whoo crap ohh crap ohhhhhh crap...

The scene with the parents was very well done.

4. Luke

Luke Guest

GPU:
    980Ti
    Hi is someone able to tell me how to enable the Ryse Sli profile step by step? Having trouble getting it working
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The PC version has some serious optimisation issues on my setup (i7-4770K @ 4.0 GHz, 16 GB, GTX 1080 Ti, Windows 10 Pro v1709) using Ultra High settings at 2560x1440 with G-SYNC enabled and all the draw distance sliders maxed out.

During dialogue cutscenes the framerate is 35-50 fps, not a big problem in itself since interaction is limited to selecting lines of text, then 30-45 fps during the initial indoor section where you start the game. Step outside and it's 65-75 fps then down to 50 fps as you approach Henry's father, Martin. Head to the village and performance drops to 40-50 fps - the more NPCs there are on screen the lower the performance, no surprises there. I then stepped between two buildings in the village and was surprised to see the framerate tank to 23 fps for no reason - there were no NPCs in sight and the draw distance was limited by the walls of both buildings and objects at the far end. Looking up directly at the sky, which elsewhere saw the framerate exceed 110 fps, resulted in a 33 fps framerate as did looking at the ground!

There is evidently something amiss here. Playing further revealed more instances where the game's framerate plummets to 20-25 fps for no real reason, often when there are no NPCs about. Rain at night with the torch leads to sub-30 fps performance as well. What is telling about these sections is that neither the GPU nor CPU are anywhere close to be maxed when the framerate plummets suggesting there is an engine bottleneck or bug somewhere.

Yes, I accept that I am playing the game on the highest settings but visually this game isn't really that amazing to account for the performance hit - IMO it doesn't look as nice as Crysis 3 which runs a lot better on my PC - and apart from the weird sub-30 fps dips, the game's performance is otherwise fine, helped massively by G-SYNC which at least helps the game feel smooth (except for riding the horse at speed which is where the engine struggles to stream data fast enough resulting in split-second freezes and enormous amounts of pop up!). I saw a few cutscenes running at 164 fps before I realised these were actually video sequences and not real-time, granted these are at least decent quality encodes apart from some noticeable aliasing on straight edges (such as the sword that Henry's father is working on) that aren't present in the main game on the setting's I'm using.

I'm kind of loathe to lower the settings because the game clearly looks better when maxed out and if it wasn't for the bizarre 20-25 fps drops then the game would be perfectly playable on my hardware. Clearly, the game engine needs further optimisation and perhaps a new driver from NVIDIA (although I doubt the latter would make that much difference given the age of CryEngine).

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Dropping shader quality to high (also shadows and post processing if needed) should help with performance quite a bit with basically no difference in image quality from what I've read.

Ultra settings are performance killers atm for some reason.

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ObscureangelPT and AsiJu like this.
  8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Nice, seems to use cores and threads effectively!

9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Download nvidiainspecter, first go to the ryse profile and take the dx10 sli bits, copy them to the kingdom profile, then set dx10 sli settings to 2 gpus and afr.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'm finding lockpicking very hard in this game, I just keep breaking lockpicks.

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    What can I say... the lord of Talmberg had a rough night. :eek:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    What did they say about the emperor's new clothes...

also spoiler tags please, I don't want to see that... :confused:

Solfaur likes this.
  13. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    AsiJu likes this.
  14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Seems Ryzen takes a hit vs. Intel, though barely significant @1080p and above (linked from article for quick reference):

[​IMG]

15. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Correct, it's the typical 10% at 1080p differential. Again I'd like to note, this is measured with a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti though (to better show a bottleneck). With slower cards that difference will be smaller.

AsiJu likes this.

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
  17. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
  19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Ehrmmmmm, it is mentioned and written throughout the article, and if you look at 1080, 1440p and 4K UHD benchmarks charts for example, what does that read? ;)

But it was not on the CPU scaling bit, so I added a line in the CPU scaling segment on image quality settings as well now.

20. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    thanks for the info HH bit the bullet installing now