1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Eero

Eero Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    It's using CryEngine's SSDO, I see parameters in the system.cfg than can be used to make it stronger.

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    AsiJu likes this.
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    SSDO.

There's this setup from system.cfg

-- SSDO settings by !JH
    r_ssdoAmountAmbient = 1
    r_ssdoAmountDirect = 1.5
    r_ssdoAmountReflection = 1.5
    r_ssdoRadius = 0.3
    r_ssdoRadiusMax = 2
    r_ssdoRadiusMin = 0.1
    e_svoTI_DistantSsaoAmount = 1

And then quality presets are for if the effect is on or off and at half or full resolution.

r_ssdo=1
    r_ssdoHalfRes=0

There might be some other cvars from the debug console.

EDIT: Or the online documentation.

http://docs.cryengine.com/display/CRYAUTOGEN/RSSDOHALFRES

( http://docs.cryengine.com/display/CRYAUTOGEN/CONSOLEPREFIXR#AnchorRSSDO And it should all be there for what they do and the engine default values.)

4. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) SLi
    Guess I’ll take another look at this after a few patches.

5. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    For the love of god... Would someone please talk about gameplay and if the game is any good.

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7970m/970 Mini, KD55XD800
    kbx1 likes this.
  7. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7850 OC
    LocoDiceGR likes this.
  8. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Nice. :)

EDIT: So that further confirms what people have mentioned in the thread, V.High and Ultra has some tweaks for a smaller gain in image quality and a not quite as small drop in performance heh.

And yeah some two weeks until the next patch so time to work a bit on the existing backlog and see what that changes first before progressing further, I like what I saw so far but progression bugs and glitches or outright crashes are best avoided if possible and the default save system unless file modded means you can easily lose half an hour or so of progress.

EDIT: Business as usual with Cry-Engine I suppose, Warhorse modified it a bit but it's still really scalable but it also has settings that can push the newest hardware a bit though the framerate hit can be pretty noticeable while the image quality differences might be pretty minor for shaders and shadows.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  10. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Hey.. Is the game fun?

11. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8gb
    Anyone else notice cutscenes have subtitles even if you've turned off subtitles?

12. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    2 Titan Xp's in SLi
    You sir are a God! Getting 60+ fps now @ 3440x1440 on my 2 Titan Xp's.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I did... about 2 or 3 pages back. It was the Xbox One X version but the PC version is exactly the same in terms of gameplay. ;)

Dragam1337, AsiJu and Solfaur like this.
  14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    I do intend to give the game a more serious attempt but I'm thinking of waiting for at least the announced patch to hit first, I enjoyed what little I got out of experimenting in the prologue part though. Even there it's like you have almost two or three (Or more.) ways to handle each decision and major quest progression point whether it's diplomacy, stealth, all out brawl or a mix of these.

A certain drunkard can be dealt with in I think there's at least four separate ways to handle that bit, surprising actually and hopefully it keeps up through the rest of the game but it seems like it from what I've read. :)
    Just have to be mindful of glitches and similar, quest bugs and crashes so I'm probably going to go about it a bit casual and testing things out and then starting over once the patch hits and see how that goes. Gameplay wise I am definitively impressed by the choices presented to the player on how to handle things even if it's still very early in the game so it might change.

AsiJu likes this.
  15. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
    @Dragam1337

Nice find on the SLI but Ill stick to single GPU for now as I can run 1440P @ max details and it just feels smoother and the FPS feels more consistent.

With SLI enabled at 4K I concur with your findings that the shader detail is definitely the cause of a significant performance hit at anything above 'High'.

Even though the FPS is in the low 40s @ 4K/Max details, when the shader detail is set to 'Very High' or 'Ultra' it introduces a weird stutter.

Dragam1337 likes this.

16. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080ti

Just 21 fps on 1080ti at 1440p? We need future cards for that game, I'm waiting for 5080ti and till then I dont even bother with this game.

17. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    I cant play.
    It crashes straight after the loading graphic opens.

While validating, Panda AV detects a worm virus in one of the game packages for Kingdom Come.
    Validation is successful.

edit
    I found that Panda AV wasnt updating so downloaded what looked like the free installer for it.
    After it uninstalled my old Panda installed the new one I have a 30 day trial, wtf?
    I'm now looking for another AV that isnt Panda or the bloated Avast.

edit 2:
    The problem with the crash looks like its Steam.
    I cant play anything that needs Steam to run!
    I'm trying to get support.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    The only thing you need is to lower the settings.

19. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8gb
    Just finished the prologue, performance isn't great but once you find a reasonable settings balance the game is very enjoyable, combat is somewhat tricky at first but seems rewarding once you get the hang of it :)

Solfaur, Dragam1337 and AsiJu like this.
  20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    I must say I haven't been this immersed in a game since the days of Morrowind or Gothic, except KCD brings it all to a new level. The amount of detail is staggering (and by detail I mean gameplay detail). I lol'd when I ate too much and the debuff with a pig face was showing up, or when I got into a fight and didn't wash/clean myself after and went straight to a trader NPC he was scared by my bloodied and bruised appearance. Or how I need to learn to read first before any written word in the world makes sense. There are sooooo many things like this it's insane. At one point I literally felt I was tired and needed to sleep (just like Henry lol).

One thing is sure, this game is special and this level of detail calls for a lot of bugs, so it's no surprise. I haven't found any big ones yet, but I probably will.

I have to admit that the saving option is the only quality of life "feature" that I miss. I will make sure to stock up on Schnapps as soon as I'm able (have like 3 atm). Other than that, I'm fine with everything. Also, the story and combat so far seem great, and dialogues can be really funny when you pick the wrong choices with the wrong people. :p