Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    I got 4k running flawlessly with sli bits from ryse - i have settings maxed out, with the exception of shader quality, which is set to high.

I find that the only thing that makes a difference for performance in this game, is shader quality.

This is the game maxed out 4k, with shader quality also set to ultra, giving fps in the 40s

[​IMG]

With shader quality set to high - runs capped at 58 fps

[​IMG]

With shader quality set to low - reqruires about half gpu power compared to shader quality at ultra.

[​IMG]

And fyi, there already has been released a driver for kingdom come deliverance...

2. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    This is definitely wait for a sale kinda game.

3. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Hmm I must be missing the magic trick to getting crossfire working? It's enabled and set to default in the KCD profile...

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Since the files aren't encrypted let's just take a look.

So for shading quality it seems the difference is with SSR and SVOGI mainly, at least between Ultra and V.High here.

(Very high, from sys_spec_shader.cfg)
    [4]
    r_DeferredShadingTiledHairQuality=2
    r_SSReflections = 1
    r_SSReflHalfRes=1
    sys_spec_Quality=4

e_svoti_LowSpecMode=1
    e_svoTI_ConeMaxLength=28
    e_svoTI_DiffuseConeWidth=9

e_svoTI_RsmConeMaxLength=8

(Ultra)
    [7]
    r_DeferredShadingTiledHairQuality=2
    r_SSReflections = 1
    r_SSReflHalfRes=0
    sys_spec_Quality=4

e_svoti_LowSpecMode=1
    e_svoTI_ConeMaxLength=32
    e_svoTI_DiffuseConeWidth=6

e_svoTI_RsmConeMaxLength=12

So half res SSR reflection resolution and some tweaks to the voxel global illumination relating to length and width.

Though SSR is actually disabled so it's all down to SVOGI if it's working the way I'm seeing from the config file.

3 or high is the baseline, 1 and 2 reduce the settings and then 4 and 7 increase them.

And with this:
    SSR could actually have been disabled by default so it's all down to the voxel global illumination technique being incredibly expensive if so.

EDIT:
    http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDOC1/CRYENGINE+5.4

And then you have version 5 of Cry-Engine, would have been nice to have the game running on this due to the fixes and optimizations it brings, new features too but mainly bug fixes and further optimizations. :)
    (I'll have to try and check if there's any clear version info on what the game is actually using though, I could be wrong.)

AsiJu likes this.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    From what i can see in my testing, there is no visual difference between shader high and ultra. As is evident from my screenshot with low shader, there is obviously some changes to lighting there, especially apparent on the trees in the background.

But the shader setting appears to be very taxing on the cpu aswell - both my cpu and gpu's are maxed out at 40ish fps with the setting at ultra.

6. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Ok I'm an idiot, that graphic with that framerate was for the low settings, I don't understand russian, so it was on Low settings.
    If I change it to ultra, this is the results..

[​IMG]

@darrensimmons Now I aggree with you, it seems heavy, like almost every Cryengine game though XD

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Yeah global illumination isn't a cheap effect at all and having settings that extend the effect further could really affect framerate. (Effect can also be quite subtle for the higher settings.)

Plus how most of the Cry-Engine V builds have several further fixes and improvements to the technique too which might not be available depending on the engine version used by the game.

EDIT: That said it's possible they did something similar to Ark and manually merged in certain code improvements and fixes even if the engine build itself is a older version. :)

EDIT: The 1.1 update for Assassin's Creed Origins (Part of the game on release so downgrading to 1.0 isn't possible.) even removed the setting for controlling global illumination quality though their solution is a different one but it could be that they found it just caused a large framerate hit without any noticeable image quality improvements.

Something else I can tinker with in the game I guess seeing how it has a console command prompt, it's a impressive effect but there's probably a diminishing return on framerate versus quality after a while.
    (Fancy voxels or no extending the distance of the effect way off is going to be hard to actually see, said framerate hit however is probably quite a bit more noticeable.)

EDIT: Not that I'm some expert on Cry-Engine or anything of course but going by the config files then dropping shader quality down a notch isn't going to have any larger impact on overall image quality but it will reduce the GPU and CPU load a bit. :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  8. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Working on a perf article as we speak, should be up by tonight.

9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Imo the global illumination effect from shader set to ultra deffo isn't worth the performance hit - you'd have to have an 8700k clocked to 5 ghz, and 1080 ti sli, clocked to at least 2 ghz, to be able to get anywhere near 60 fps with shader set to ultra at 4k, and even then i'd doubt that you could get 60 fps.

I was just thinking that anyone having performance issues, should just lower shader quality, and possibly shadow quality, until they hit a desirable performance level... with the shader quality set to low, the game is not demanding at all.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    AsiJu likes this.
  10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I didn't get to play any yet, but I did launch the game at maxed absolutely everything (including the sliders) @1440p and that main menu background was at ~80 FPS with GPU at 99% usage. So my guess will be that the game will run around those numbers, some lower, some higher. I also think that I could get over 100ish consistently if I lower some settings, but I'll see if the eye candy is worth it to have lower frames.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Test of sli scaling using sli bits from ryse.

Sli off : 30 fps

[​IMG]

Sli on : 52 fps

[​IMG]

Which gives a very respectable 73 % sli scaling - not bad. This is while using g-sync btw, so numbers will undoubtly be higher with g-sync off, especially sli numbers.

AsiJu likes this.
  12. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    More info here.
    A guy tried the game on low and compared it with medium and high, and basically there is hardly a difference in graphics, unless we are holding a magnifier :D

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Yeh and GPU usages seem good too @ 99 % and 97 %.

Don't have SLI but nice find regardless! Also easy to enable if Ryse's bits work out-of-the-box.

(Incidentally, especially given today's GPU prices, I might consider getting a second-hand 980 Ti if I can find an affordable one.
    If SLI works would get a nice boost :))

Dragam1337 likes this.
  14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Yeah, i do wonder why Nvidia didn't include the ryse sli bits for kingdom come deliverance in their latest driver.

And yeah, as long as you know the games you want to play do support sli (or can with driver "hacks"), then sli is great :)

15. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    The map size is 16 square kilometers.

Dragam1337 likes this.

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Solfaur likes this.
  17. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    A lot of the screenshots don't seem to show much -- if any -- AO. Apart from that it's pretty. What are the AO options?

And for anyone who has the game -- have you tried MXAO from Reshade?

18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    AO can't be seperately controlled.

19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Quoted for truth, played around with the settings, everything on ultra (and maxed sliders) and these 3 on high give me very good average FPS (around 90-100) and didn't see a dip below 70ish yet. With those 3 on ultra it's literally like 25 fps less and I can't tell the difference.

20. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Guys, you have twisted my arm to buy it, thanks for the testing and info.