Killzone 2 'Objective' gameplay HD

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jul 12, 2008.

1. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    oo im def looking forward to this :)

3. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080
    The game looks quite good to be honest and the gameplay seems nice.

4. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    no mouse+no keyboard = no care.

5. SERUM

SERUM Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti
    Have to say it is looking very good.

6. BamBoozleD

BamBoozleD Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW LE Sli
    There are options for that, like the Splitfish FragFX or XCM XFPS Rateup.

Holy crap!, man I cant wait.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  7. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    This is the first game to use 4.5 of the 6 spu's of the cell cpu.

8. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    interesting.. and I would imagine it is MP?

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Loved the first one, can't wait for this one! :D

10. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    The ps3's CPU-GPU combination is soooo far from optimal... It's like what? 8 to 1 ?! I'd rather love it to be the other way around! I think maybe the 360's graphics card has more raw power and ability to render some high res HD game engine than the ps3 will be able to.

Unless developers are going to do something really good with physics or complex AI, the cell processor for gaming is just wasted power imo...

And of course this game will be 720p as well (or maybe less!), because the RSX just doesn't have the memory or the power to provide stable 30 FPS at 1080p...

btw do you know how little pixels that is compared to 1080p? it's only 1280x720 for crying out loud.... every PC gamer at least has a 1280x1024 or 1680x1050 display to game on...

I mean, come on... compared to nowadays PCs, it's nothing!

Oh yeah, and the game looks alright. Probably one of the best of present offerings (have to see it for real, though). Killzone was cool, Killzone2 will be cool.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008

11. scoutingwraith

GPU:
    eVGA 1080
    Easy there m8. :nerd: .... J/K

Yeah you are right....most people these days game at 1280x1024 for a 4:3 Ratio screen or 1440x900 for a 16:10 Ratio screen.

12. fearsjohn

fearsjohn Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 1060
    it should be at 1080 but we will see

13. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Just have to do this once in a while :p I'm so used to pc gaming!

I'll probably never really like playing games on consoles.
    A controller will never be as good as a mouse, I just HATE the fact that I can't change any graphical setting, test things out, tweak some here and there, apply some mods, upgrade the system....
    I'm a hardcore PC guy :nerd: :camo:

I own a ps3 since 2 days, just because it has a blu-ray player built in ;) For a long while Rachet and clank tools of destruction will be the only game I'll be playing on my ps3 ;)

14. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm not really all that interested in high resolution gaming, like 1280x1024. It's nice, I won't lie about that, makes a game look very good, but it's not entirely needed for me to enjoy a game.

15. scoutingwraith

GPU:
    eVGA 1080
    It is true.....I only use 1680x1050 for my LCD because everything else looks a little worse in picture quality. But even if the resolution is lower on some games that i am currently replaying i am still happy. (Diablo 2 + StarCraft)

16. tobiasboon

tobiasboon Member

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS 320
    Depends on where the load is, Cell can be used for shader ops as well as lighting and various other tasks. Also it's not 8 CPU's to 1 GPU, it's 1 CPU (Power PC core), 8 SPE's (or 7 whatever the number is, one is disabled to help yields and one is reserved for the OS iirc) and then 1 GPU (RSX). In isolation Xenos is more powerful than RSX but when the Cell is leveraged to assist theoretically the PS3 should be capable of more.

See above.

Gran Turismo 5 vehemently disagrees with you. ;)

I game at 1280x720 on my PC because I have it connected to my 32" LCD TV.

Indeed, but various games show that art direction can be just as, if not more, important than out and out power. Metal Gear Solid 4 for example.

Imo Killzone was pants, but Killzone 2 is looking pretty good, better graphically than Resistance 2 so far.

17. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    true.

But in some games it can be of great help. I remember playing NFSMW on PC at 1600x1200, so detailed, you could see the police driving around a corner from miles... A few days later I saw it on the ps2, well, that was bad... I couldn't see much in the distance just because there were too little pixels to show some detail... And in split-screen mode you just couldn't see a thing...

of course the difference between 1600x1200 and ps2 resolution is greater than the difference between 720p and 1080p and that's why I agree with you.

Can be used, that's right :) Developers have to learn... As of now it's a waste of power. And the 8 to 1 estimation -which was a bit to high, should've been 4 or 5 to 1 - wasn't based on the amount of CPU cores :p Do you know it took 2 generations of videocards to outperform the cell in folding? :p
    Btw, this thing gets *really* hot! Create some more airflow and you have a hair dryer!

That's true, in fact I think the best games also on PC platform don't have the best graphics.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  18. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    Well... Since I only have a 32" HDTV, 720p is more than enough for me. Personally, i never played on ridiculous resolution on PC so i guess I dont miss it in the first place.

I would rather have a nice 720p game running smoothly than 1080p suffering from framerate.

People really need to understand that games are about having fun, not about pixel peeping and running them on extremely high res and getting some strange satisfaction from that. Feel free to play Crysis at 2560x1600 and get 10fps, then blame devs for not optimizing it to the infinite combinations of PC hardware.

Lets not make it about PS3 vs 360 & PC again? Whenever there is a post about a great PS3 exclussive all fanboys rush in and start the "RSX is not powerful enough bla bla" talk.

P.S gameplay looks really good... Anyone know the release date?

19. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
  20. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It does have 8 SPE's. which doesn't make it a true multiple core system.