KFA2 3090 fan incessantly spinning up - help!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Danny_G13, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Kmailla

Kmailla Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 SG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  2. Grizli

Grizli New Member

GPU:
    RTX3090
    Hi, thank You very much for posting that bios! Did You flash it? What is the version of that bios? What about fan's curve when card is in idle, do they still spinning with high RPM without load???
    I found this bios- VGA Bios Collection: Galax RTX 3090 24 GB | TechPowerUp , version 94.02.42.00.A2 and it's much more better than stock, but anyway there is fan's speed issue- it shows that fan's speed is onle 30%, but real fan's speed is 1500RPM which is not 30%. If it is 30%, fan's speed should be about 700-800RPM...

3. Kmailla

Kmailla Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 SG
    Hi, no problem
    I flashed it last night, it seems to solve the problem of the fans turning on too often for nothing.
    The problem seems to be resolved but I will be back in a few days to have more time use my pc with this new GPU BIOS, on the desktop and in games :)
    We are on the right track :D

4. Kmailla

Kmailla Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 SG
    I flashed the VAPF0130S_3090_X64.exe version 4 days ago.

Results
    No performance loss, the fans turn on when I surf the internet, but only once every 5-10 minutes, so the problem can be considered resolved.
    While waiting for an official bios version, this version is ok.

Thank you for creating this post and good luck everyone.

5. tsuku37

tsuku37 New Member

GPU:
    i have the same problem , i tried the alternative firmware but the fans continues to spin for nothing

6. Kmailla

Kmailla Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 SG
    You use the VAPF0130S_3090_X64 version ?

We have to put pressure on K2FA so that they come out with a BIOS that works correctly, the more we will be and the more important our request will be, because it is quite simply inadmissible this fan problem on a card at 1800 €

Contact them by email here:

eurosupport@kfa2.com

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021