Keyboards

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dizzyegg, May 10, 2005.

1. dizzyegg

dizzyegg Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 5900XT
    Keyboards & Mice

Hi,

I am in the final process of completing my pc.

I was wondering what Keyboards people had and if anyone could reccomend people for gaming.

I have searched the forums, but not really had much luck.

Thanks

Last edited: May 12, 2005
  2. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    If you plan to lose your nerves and start banging (your head?) on the keyboard, i would strongly suggest a 10pack of the cheapest ones you can find... ;)

3. Evil-Taco

Evil-Taco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtec nVidia 6800 GT Pci-Express
    There is no such thing as a 'gaming' computer. They all type. I have a MS intela mouse combo for like 25-30 USD. I just had to get used to the F-Lock.

4. Munky

Munky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 6800 / AIW Radeon 9700 Pro
    Any kb will do, although the Led ones are pretty nifty @ night ;)

5. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Asus V9999 Ultra - GeForce 6800 Ultra
    I just use the same keyboard that came with my Logitech MX duo. Works great for everything.

As Munky said, any keyboard will do.

6. dizzyegg

dizzyegg Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 5900XT
    yea i been using a logitech now for a while i supose that will do.

I just seen them keyboards that look they fold up, call them self gaming keyboards. They always get facias for them. I was wondering if they were any good.

Logitech £10 keyboard it is.

7. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Logitech here too, I bought it with an optical mouse as a set for 25CAD.

8. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    There is such a thing as a "non" gaming keyboard, however. Some keyboards have issues with more than one key being used at once. Ever tried to run and strafe in an FPS and wondered why you couldn't? I've had that a couple of times. Thank god that is rare in newer boards from what I've found.

When it comes to keyboards, try before you buy. Go out and check some keyboards out. Try typing on them a little, it doesn't matter if they're not hooked up, it's the feel of them as you use the things. Sometimes a cheapo keyboard will be better for you than some high priced thing.

I'm highly paticular about keyboards. They have to be "Just right" for me. I'm pretty odd I guess =p

9. SorienOR

SorienOR Guest

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    There is nothing I hate worse then the stupid "f-lock" keys on the newer keyboards. Most logitech have them and have even turned the f-keys into calculator style instead of real typing keys on a few models.

I guess the idea is that "people never use f-keys anyway" oh, except the FRIGGING GAMERS

10. Stomper59

Stomper59 Member

GPU:
    ATi 9600Pro 256MB
    Microsoft Internet keyboard here - I like the xtra buttons..

11. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    There are F-lock issues in newer boards? Christ... I thought key locks were being phased out. I used to respect Logitech too =\ A good portion of newer keyboards I've tested have been free from any sort of key locks beyond the obvious.

This is bad news for me. I thought things were picking up, which of course would make buying keyboards for me a lot easier. Trying to find a board that suits my typing just fine without any random stupid issues used to be pretty difficult. Seems it may continue that way.

12. SorienOR

SorienOR Guest

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    Nothing is more annoying then having to hit the f-lock key to get into bios or get to the boot menu

13. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    I use an old IBM Model M keyboard - works great and it's almost 20 years old... ;)
    [​IMG]

14. Gerle

Gerle Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia M970
    Saitek's Gamers keyboard, it feels great to type on, besides other niceties such as LED's, extra numberpad etc... But the best thing really is the great feel it has to it's keys!

15. hartofalyon

hartofalyon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 9800 GT 512mb
    sticking with known brands is a good place to start (microsoft, logitech, etc).

i've used some viewsonic keyboards before and the key feedback is just horrible. the keys must be pressed straight down or else it skins the side of the keys while going down. most of the time it would get stuck.

i've also used a zippy el keyboard with the lights thing. i personally dislike laptop style keys so the almost flat keyboard wasn't that great at regular typing. also some keys were truncated or moved around.

basically stick with known brands and make sure the keys are where they're suppose to be.

i'm using the benq x120 right now. fantastic keyboard.

16. Davy2

Davy2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon x800Pro+Samsung 172X
    Logitech Wireless Elite. It's great, but only available in keyboard/mouse combinations. However, their wired Elite is great as well, with a slight hit to flexability. (I have one of each actually, and the wireless one is great for college as I can toss it onto my bed/into the drawer when I need to free up some desk space.

17. danroyle

danroyle Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus gtx 460 1gb 800/1600
    ZBOARD is perfect for gaming i have one changeable keysets and good quality go to www.zboard.com and see

18. mykledw

mykledw Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080

Another vote for Saitek.......GREAT feel to this board with its flat design....especially if you have long fingers like I do.....

Saitek has 2 LED backlit keyboards now......the gamers keyboard has the number pad which is VERY handy in almost all games, and the new one, the Eclipse, shows the actual letters of the keys, incase you need to see what you are typing and dont know key layout:eek:

But as said, try before you buy if you can:D

19. InFiD3L

InFiD3L Guest

GPU:
    x1950 Pro
    I just ordered me the Logitech diNovo pack :D:D:D...../ *hopes nobody has one and hates it :eek:

20. dizzyegg

dizzyegg Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 5900XT