Keyboard virus ? help!

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Leodie, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Leodie

Leodie Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Hi.

I´m trying to help a friend with his HP pavilion DV6 notebook with Windows 7 ultimate, i did a fresh install a few weeks back due to HDD crash. I fixed it and it worked great.

However, the problem now is that when i type letters on the keyboard, it does not show up correctly. For example...

So if i open up the browser and type "google" on the keyboard, then it will show up as "gl.ol.ogl.odce" ..pretty f* up. And it happens on the operating system too, not just the browsers.

I scan the computer with avast, combofix and superantispyware. Only found some wajam trojan, i removed it. But it didn't help.

The keyboard settings in windows is correct.

Any suggestions ? :question:

2. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Plug in a USB keyboard.

Sounds like the keyboard on the laptop is no good, if the USB keyboard is also corrupt then its the laptop MoBo, if it clears it is the laptop keyboard, which can be bought and installed by you.

3. Leodie

Leodie Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    wow, that´s clever. I tried the USB keyboard and it works fine! :)

Thanks for the help and quick response! Really appreciate it! :)

4. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    It's cracks in copper lanes of the keyboard wire, the one under the keyboard ;) With a good magnifying glass you might be able to spot them ;) Repairing is a guaranteed no no, unless you have god-tier soldering skills.

5. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Master Guru

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg
    Laptop keyboards do not use copper it is a graphite type material and a pain in the ass to repair. And with the price of a replacement being under $30 its not worth the aggravation trying to repair the traces. When keyboards were over $80 I used to repair the traces on clients laptops. I used a liquid circuit repair material, a dental tool and a microscope to do the repair.

6. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64