Kerbal Space Program

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Ralph, Dec 11, 2012.

1. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Nicely done indeed.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Here is my current engine layout.. I've pulled off the top wings so you can see what is inside it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Indeed it is, my system just finished restoring my Steam files, checked the integrity of Kerbel loaded the game up and thank the great space weasel my save games are all there. Ill get some pics up once I've finished tweaking my set up.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Safe~

(~° ▽ °)~

5. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Well after getting my system back up and running I was able to move on with my mission to Eeloo. Here's some pictures.

[​IMG]

The Eelooprise mark 2, the first one crash and burned during testing.

[​IMG]

Eelooprise in orbit round Kerbin, this is a test, needed to test the launch and orbit ability and that it's stable before I load my 9 Kerbals in to the ship. It made it in to orbit with barely a snifter of fuel left in the tank but that's when this steps in

[​IMG]

Spirit Of Kerbal III refueling station. Complete with 6 refueling pods. 4 of them will be detached and then docked to the Eelooprise.

I may add a docking port to the top of the Eelooprise, that will allow it to dock with the station and will allow a quicker refuel of the central tank. Gonna do a few more tests before proper launch.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Ohh nice... i see you are using mods with custom parts.. mmmm.. The only mod I am using is the Subassembly Saver Loader.. I tried some others but got annoyed at all the extra parts xD

About putting the big rocket on the big red fuel tank, it overheats easily when you do that.. it's best to do one of the short grey fuel tanks on the bottom of the red one, then the large engine, this way it doesn't overheat so easily at full throttle.

7. Miller

Miller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660ti Signature FTW
    I caved in and bought the game thanks to this thread. I neglected to read any guides or tutorials (beyond the first two in-game tutorials) because I like to try and discover things for myself to start with.

Although it was a rather wonky and elliptical orbit on my fifth or sixth attempt I managed to stay in orbit for the first time. What a feeling :D

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It's exhilarating isn't it!!! Yesterday I put my first two satellites into orbit~

This game when you do something cool makes you feel like you achieved something~

Miller.. Try to get to and land on the Mun...

xD

9. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    As is the disappointment when it all goes wrong, talking of which.

Slightly redesigned Eelooprise III in on approach to Spirit Of Kerbel. Added a command module and gave it some solid boosters, now gets in to orbit with enough fuel to actual rendezvous with the fuel station

[​IMG]

Final docking approach, this thing was hard to dock had to retract one of the solar panels to allow a better view

[​IMG]

Eelooprise docked and fuel and monoprop transfer taking place

[​IMG]

First of four fuel pods transfered

[​IMG]

and then disaster with the second one, misjudged the docking alignement, it really is hard to get the ports lined up correctly. Anyway, fuel pod two crashed quite hard in to the drive section of the Eelooprise, blowing both to bits. Luckily the command section and refuelling station as well as fuel pod 1 survived

[​IMG]

I am gonna leave the Eelooprise attached and send up a redesigned drive section, not sure on what design yet. Once the Eelooprise is fuelled and ready I'll send the colonists up in two or three transports.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Try mAking an SSTO The Laughing Ma!! and then docking it with your station...

xD

The new update is out for the game : >

11. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    It's out on Steam now. That should bring in the crowd for this well deserved game :)

12. Miller

Miller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660ti Signature FTW
    That's a pretty impressive beast there, Laughing Ma :D Sorry it went wrong during docking but it sounds like you salvaged the situation as best as possible!

I'm having great fun gingerly trying to figure things out myself as opposed to burying myself in tutorials. I've managed to build a rocket capable of lofting a basic space station in to orbit but getting another vehicle on the same orbit so that it can dock is proving to be a challenge!

I'm not needlessly stubborn, though. I'll give in and start looking for some help soon but games like this provide a more 'real' sense of achievement and a much bigger 'wow factor' when you get something right on your own doing than any scripted blockbuster game that forces a fake sense of achievement on you so I like to try and bodge my way through to start with :D

Does the Steam version sync saves between computers?

13. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    It's great because a lot of games you just save, then reload if it all goes wrong but here you make a mistake you have to rethink and recover talking of which.

[​IMG]

Eelooprise drive section on docking approach

[​IMG]

Had enough fuel on the station and pods to refuel the now complete Eelooprise, just but Ill need to send up a refuelling shuttle as the station is now totally empty.

[​IMG]

By this stage I actually had enough Kerbels in and around the station to fill the colony pods, here you see the first colonist EVAing his way to one of the colony pods.

[​IMG]

Eelooprise undocked and RCSing clear of the refuelling station

[​IMG]

Orbital escape thrust, the ship sure gets wobbly around the drive and control docking clamp, needs the RCS thrusters on to stabilize it when it is at full thrust.

[​IMG]

Eelooprise at escape velocity, Mun on left Kerbel on right

The ship is currently on a helio-orbit that will bring it in to contact with Eeloo on day 347 of the mission.

Lol guess Ill have to work on another project until then.

Not as far as I am aware.

14. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Yup and it's awful.

1). My current games won't load
    2). New games don't work no parts listed in the VAB

Turns out it is due to some mods I have installed. Deleted the game and redownloaded

3). Tried build a space station not to different from Spirit of Kerbel, can't even get the damn thing off the launch pad the whole thing just breaks apart seconds after launch it's like their is no cohesion between any of the vehicle parts and judging by the Kerbel forums it is a big issue, amongst many others.

Lucky I did a full Steam back up a few days ago after my system recovery, I'll be restoring 0.19 version of the game for that backup.

15. Geralt

Geralt Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    I always do a fresh install each update. Haven't had any issues with 0.20 as yet.

Rover & Lander (and flag!) on Duna with enough fuel to get back to the orbiting transfer vehicle:

[​IMG]

16. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    If you install a lot of mods, expect things to break when the game updates. Same story for modded games for years and years.

Probably the main reason I only use mechjeb.

17. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Got it sorted, currently rebuild my fuel station in 0.20. Gonna redesign the Eelooprise as I I don't think the original would have made it even with the large amount of fuel she was carrying.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I have started from scratch with the new update 9___9

I remade my first SSTO and made a new SSTO that actually worked and I was like what the heck why was my first one so hard to make when I first built it xD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Miller

Miller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660ti Signature FTW
    Cripes, you guys have some really impressive work :D

The day before yesterday I managed to get a vehicle in orbit around Mün and yesterday I built a lander to try and touch down on the surface. Sadly right at the very last moment I lost control, snapped two of the landing-legs off and the whole thing rolled over and exploded.

Time to try again! :p

20. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX3.0
    Damn this threads tempting me to go over drawn and buy this