Kerbal Space Program

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Ralph, Dec 11, 2012.

1. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    It's a plane, like what you've made, but with a single disposable rocket stage. You fire it up once you're already airborne. Should get you into orbit.

2. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Easier to build the plane as a rocket then launch it vertically. Trust me, it's easier.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Wow. Although I'm not sure why jet engines work in space. Must be a bug.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I downloaded his craft file to have a look at what he has done.. he has placed a rocket in the same place as a jet engine.. so the rocket is sitting inside the jet engine.

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    How are you allowed to do that?

7. Ralph

Ralph Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX960 FTW 4GB
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    You can clip things inside of objects... it's tricky to do but you can do it..

Sometimes you need to place something down first, then place it again in the spot you want, like for instance those little square wire block things.. I figured out you can stack intakes using those.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Spirit Of Kerbin takes shape

Part 1 the advanced crew module

[​IMG]

Part 2 is a fuel depot, orbital refuelling for longer journeys if now possible, docking is really tricky but I am starting to get the hang of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Part 3 habitation and science module goes in and deploys.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    How long does it take you to get all that stuff up there?
    I spent quite a few hours making a ship that I thought was a really good design only to have it blow up spectacularly shortly after lift off. Rocket science is definitely not my specialty.

12. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I use the same basic exit rocket system. 5 times mainsail engines added to 5 times orange big arse fuel tanks. The objective is that this set up should get the module to the apoapsis point of 170km before they are ejected.

Depending upon the weight of the module on top I will either add extra fuel tanks to increase the burn time, which in turn will mean I add extra solid booster rockets to help get things moving.

Once the the main drive stage ejects I then switch to a contained fuel tank and several small engines to push the perapsis point to 170km and to do the small moves moments to bring me in to range of the station after that everything is done on retros.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  14. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Biggest project yet, Project Orpheus (Orpheus was one of Apollo's sons, see what I did there?)

Basically a huge single piece moonbase. Had to redesign the exit rockets several times and finally the design came up with this.

[​IMG]

The fuel usage was so close I touched down with only 150 left, I had to use Mechjeb because there was literally no room for messing around everything needed to be exact, anyway

[​IMG]

Moonbase Orpheus on the Mun with habitat, comms and solar panels all deployed

15. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    This game looks like a breath of fresh air, I have to give this a try later today or early tomorrow.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It's quite fun.. I've found it to be very addictive..

: I

The Laughing Ma is on the Mun!!! I flew past the Mun.... once..

xD

17. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Oh project Eeloo is go.

Stage one is to convert my space station orbiting Kerbin in to a massive fuel storage location, that part is complete and the station now has room to dock 12 of those massive orange fuel tanks.

Stage two is to get the fuel tanks up there and docked, that part is complete, it involved sending up each tank on it's own rocket launcher.

Stage three will be the construction of the Eeloo orbiter, I want to send a colony squad up there so I am guessing a 3 or 4 part system that will be constructed in orbit

Stage four is to undock the fuel tanks from my space station and dock them to the Eeloo orbiter

Stage five leave Kerbin and head for Eeloo.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I would love to see more screenshots of your stuff as you build it all and get to Eeloo~

I have finally made an SSTO that works~ I just need to figure out how to have more fuel once up in orbit.. Maybe a refuel station like you are doing.. mmm.. It does have a docking bay on the nose, so it's able to dock.

This is the most stable aircraft I have made~

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    The project has hit technical difficulties, by that I mean I replaced my computers CMOS battery today and the system refused point blank to boot, I've had to reinstall Windows and a horrible part is telling my the games save data may have been saved somewhere on that drive. Currently restoring my Steam games list (which was saved on a different unaffected drive) so who knows maybe Ill get lucky.

Anyway if I need to restart Ill get the images up

Your SSTO looks pretty tidy, when you say stable just how stable we talking, I've noticed the winged craft in Kerbel seem to use their own laws of physics when it comes to flight dynamics.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Ughhh.. don't forget the save game file in the game installation folder!!

Stable means, autopilot doesn't have crazy flapping flaps.. and it will fly pretty strait without much need to correct it's course. Although I've found it does flap it's flaps a bit when you are going slow with autopilot.. when it's going high and fast it is smooth like butter..

I did one orbit of planet Kerbin and landed it BACK AT THE RUNWAY!!! I just guessed where the runway might be, I knew it had a small island off to the right of where the runways was and so I aimed at that xD

This version is an updated version compared to my previous post, it uses an Aerospike.. but It isn't a true SSTO.. because I use two little solid boosters to help get out of the atmosphere, after that it's all the aerospike.. Still needs work.. it is really hard to do =_=

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2013