Kerbal Space Program

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Ralph, Dec 11, 2012.

1. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    The site was restored from a few weeks back it seems

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Damn.. I wonder why..

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Broken Links Thanks Guru3D.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Broken Links Thanks Guru3D.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  6. killer_939

killer_939 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    I am totally addicted to this game! I'll share some of my stuff :nerd:

F*ck i am bad at docking http://youtu.be/Qa3oxd6oCoA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lol, pro struts. :bang:

7. killer_939

killer_939 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    I was working on a more Apollo like mission today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still looking for bugs in it but so far it looks like a solid design. :)
    So sad i couldn't put a drogue chute under the CM's docking port though. :'(

8. killer_939

killer_939 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    I spent a bit of time on and off tonight tweaking my Apollo like ship. :) I'm still testing it. I want to make a jet powered VTOL like test ship that Neil almost crashed in. I also want to get my joy stick working and install deadly re entery. Finding a way to keep the Kerbals alive then would be fun! :eek:c:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feel free to pick it apart, i didn't want to install mods to make it and there isn't any way to get it looking like the Saturn V at all with stock parts. :bang:

9. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I finally gave in and got it from the daily sale on steam, can anyone recommend any good tutorials or guides for getting started or any good mods?

10. Ralph

Ralph Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX960 FTW 4GB
    Scott Manley on YouTube and also various streamers on Twitch.tv

Edit- HUGE update!! version .22!! So excited about this, I'll do a small write up on the original post for this thread

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Yup been playing version .22s career mode. Quite an interesting twist being limited to parts and having to actually experiment to gain more science to unlock new parts.

Managed to get to the Mun with the science unlock. So that's a Mun landing attempt with no mono prop, no landing legs, no electrical generation system other than what the rockets produce and no battery.

I managed to get there but crash landed, while Bill did survive and did manage an EVA their was no way for him to return and not enough power for him to transmit back his findings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNXTFj3ozNY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUxzC4EngIsMrPmbm6Nxvb-A

One of Scott Manley's missions using nothing but the starting components. Dunno how he does some of this stuff.

12. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
  13. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Ok so here's the progress of the Veri space program. First full run using the career mode.

Veri Alpha were test rockets just to see what was needed to get off the planet. (8 of these)
    Veri Beta were test rockets used to establish stable Kerbin orbit (4 of these)
    Veri Ceti are the rockets taking Kerbels to other worlds, so far that includes the Mun and Minmus

Veri Ceti 1 makes it to the Mun

[​IMG]

A fairly uneventful trip except I ran out of fuel on the run back and needed to use monoprop to establish a Kerbin re-entry

Veri Ceti 2 makes it to Minmus

[​IMG]

A more adventurous trip, plotted my approach only for it to be thrown off by a close pass to the Mun, this required a quick course adjustment near Minmus to establish orbit. Then the craft toppled over on landing, luckily nothing got damaged. Used one of the solar panels to push the front of the lander up so that I could take off.

Veri - Freedom in orbit

[​IMG]

3 part station, comprises the main module, the fuel module and the science and comm module.

Better yet I've managed to do all this with no add ons like Mech Jeb which I had become to reliant on.

Next missions will be to the near Sun planets.

14. Ralph

Ralph Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX960 FTW 4GB

Mechjeb is a terrible thing to rely on- I use mech jeb- but I played a year without it before I used it...

15. killer_939

killer_939 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500

16. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
  17. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    So thought I would revive this thread for anyone who is

a). Still playing
    b). Not played but may be interested

KSP Updated, now includes Astroid Redirect Mission.

To put it simply, KSP now includes random Astroids and objects floating through the solar system, some will come in to close Kerbin contact others won't. Alongside this is a whole host of new KSP parts including the grabber (allowing you to approach lock on and fly these close Kerbin Objects and finally some super heavy rocket parts.

This update has been created in close collaboration with NASA and some of the new parts included are designed to reflect that.

[​IMG]

My first close Kerbin object, the module does have some mod parts, the large central spherical body is a modded part as is the camera window in the upper left hand corner, otherwise everything else is stock.

Planning to tow this thing back to Kerbin and land it.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I am still playing.. Kind of stopped posting here when Guru3D blocked Tumblr linked images.. which is what I was using to share my images...

:T

Will have to find some screenshots and share some more stuff here... I love the game so much.

19. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    I haven't taken a look at the new parts yet but how the heck are you going to land it? If these rocks are big, they'll weigh waaay too much.

I mean you could certainly "land" it, but actually landing it in a controlled way seems optimistic.

20. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Ahhh now if you look to the left of that image you can see that I have no less than 16 high pressure chutes on that lander. If you look closer at my image you'll see that there is a docking clamp in the middle of the lander. Under that clamp is nothing more than a battery and some rigging to which the grabbers are attached and my 16 parachutes.

Great thing is once you are attached to the astroid you can take a look at the vehicle details, which include the total weight, in this instance it comes too 220tons.

Got the thing in to Kerbel orbit, disengaged the drive module and deployed the chutes, unlucky for me it was over water but the thing splashed down at 17m/s. A bit fast but controlled none the less.

It's actually easier to attach to them, ride them back in to Kerbin atmos and then use chutes to do a soft landing, actually flying them in space is a real pain because the centre of gravity / mass on them is all over the place.