keep losing BF2 connection!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by lIqUI[], Jun 23, 2005.

1. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    Ill be in the middle of an MP game and suddenly lag out and get kicked back to server list. Is this Punkbuster related or what? I turn my Firewalls off during play, and Ive seen others with similar issues so I know this problem isnt on my end.

I got this problem after a few days of seamless play on the demo, and now on retail it follows. I do see many people get disconnected from the server in the middle of a game.

2. Billabong

Billabong Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX
    It appears our arch foe punkbuster is having problems, I read a thread about it somewhere earlier, for the life of me I cant find it again.

3. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    well I updated my PB files manually, went about 3 games now I got CTD...WTF is up with this game?

4. Billabong

Billabong Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX
    lol it's not the game in my opinion, it's a combo of punkbuster/Gamespy contriving to give us all a brain meltdown, damn I hate them both. Sorry mate but I have no answer for you this time, good luck on getting your problem fixed

5. hypnotoad24

hypnotoad24 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 5870 1GB
    ooooh. i had that too..... then it went away magically by itself. well i bet id still get it if i fired up the demo. retail doesnt give me the problem anymore though.

6. MastA

MastA Guru3d's P.I.M.P.

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC AGP
    Yeah, I just played like a good 2 hours or so and it is very laggy. But it's a new game... so hopefully a patch will be available to download pretty soon. I think the causes of the laggyness is ether the punkbuster or new ranking system.

7. i've been using Gamespy from 2 years since i joined the MotoGP2 clan and i think gamespy + punkbuster truly suck with BF II.

I'm on ADSL 512mb and never suffer much lag in COD or anything game, only the whole battlefield series i get problems in connection, battlefield are awesome games but so buggy to turn you off sometimes.

8. Gotenks64

Gotenks64 Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY Nvidia 560
    It happens to me to

9. MastA

MastA Guru3d's P.I.M.P.

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC AGP
    Play in a unranked server for now no lag =).

10. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    :(( yea it happened to me occasionally and i didnt even play that much..

i mean like i would join 5 different servers one day and get it on each one and couldnt play then i tried it another day and it works fine.. who knows ? lol

11. ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640MB @580Mhz
  12. Terraniums

Terraniums Member

GPU:
    Saphire 3850 agp
    or just play an unranked server and find one with the weapons unlocked like this one bf2.frontlineformation.com