KARDS - The WWII Card Game

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Apr 17, 2020.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Someone playing it? Got out from Early Access on April 15th 2020.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/544810/KARDS__The_WWII_Card_Game/

ABOUT THIS GAME

[​IMG]

Card Game meets WWII

KARDS, The World War II Card Game, combines traditional CCG gameplay with innovative mechanics inspired by classic strategy games and real battlefield tactics. Take command and challenge other players in grand-scale warfare on the ground, air, or seas.
    KARDS is completely free to play with all features available from the start. You can earn all cards through regular gameplay, daily missions and an extensive achievement system.
    Why should you play KARDS?
    KARDS blends familiar trading card gameplay that make it easy to learn and are combined with innovative mechanics that provide strategic depth and tactical diversity.
    The innovative frontline mechanics allows you to better protect your support assets and take the battle to your enemy. Rush your enemies with Blitzkrieg tactics, gain air superiority or dig in for bitter defensive warfare until you outproduce and outgun your enemies.

[​IMG]

Managing your forces is an important part of any military campaign. In KARDS you need to carefully manage your resources (Kredits) between deploying new units, operating units already deployed on the battlefield and disseminating orders to support your battle plans.
    Strategy
    Your deck is constructed around one of the five major powers of WW2 and competes head to head with other players. Each deck is allowed one ally nation, where you can draw support from to create an edge against the opposition.
    Depending on what you believe to be a winning strategy, players craft their deck on a combination of units and supporting orders.
    • Infantry: Try to overrun your opponent with lighter and often less costly units
    • Tanks: Blitz your opponent with heavily armored units
    • Artillery: Blast your opponent from the safety of your support line
    • Aircraft: Achieve air superiority and wreak havoc from the sky

Move up through the ranks via gameplay from Private to Field Marshall and earn your place in the officer's club while reaping monthly rewards for your rank.
    Authentic atmosphere
    All the cards are beautifully illustrated to match the unique WW2-style. Weapons and units have been diligently researched and behave exactly as one would expect based on official documentation, specifications and operational history.

[​IMG]

Regular updates and events
    With a vibrant player community and active developers, KARDS is regularly getting exciting new gameplay features and improvements. The first expansion was released on December 10th, offering players 2 new ally nations with 150 cards for expansion.
    In December 2019, the World Championship took place in Iceland, the home of 1939 Games. The four finalists were flown in to compete head to head for the title.
    About 1939 Games
    1939 Games is a creative indie studio located in Iceland. Founded by ex-CCP veterans famous for creating EVE Online, 1939 Games is out to boost the market with KARDS, the unique and groundbreaking WWII CCG.

Repo Man likes this.
  2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Hmmm. Somehow I want to check this out.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I completed the five starter packs and if you enter your email in the menu you get 3 free packs. I threw a deck together and played one game and started off good, but still lost. This is actually really fun though, I like it.

thumbs up.gif

5. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thanks for the heads up, will definitely give this a go at some point.

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/544810/view/5295635323257585709
    DLC with 100% discount and seasonal gifts for you
    Only on 21.12.2020. Normal price 10$.
    @fantaskarsef You still playing? You already have more hours than me and i didnt touch the game for months, hehe. So, just a heads-up.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Hehe no to be honest I stopped weeks, if not months ago :D
    Was mostly playing draft anyway, but thanks for the info!