Kane & Lynch 2 PC demo on the 26th

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jul 23, 2010.

1. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Oh i tend to differ, GTA4 is great on PC. I don't get 20fps-xbox-headaches for starters.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    why dont you use a controller ?

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I've had two unexpected crashes to the desktop whilst playing this demo, once while running through the campaign and the other while I was waiting for the multiplayer lobby to appear. In the latter case I was pressing the A button on the Xbox 360 controller. Has anyone else had these crashes... I'm wondering if it's because of the 10.7 beta drivers I'm using for my HD 5870s?

4. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Demo was short but really cool.
    I really like the graphical effects (huge pixels, saturated colors, flares with light sources etc) which simulate cheap video cameras lenses.
    I didn't try the multiplayer yet.

5. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    Some single player gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncO6xonACEY

I use a controller too, I only played it a bit, but reckon its pretty good. I love the visual effects and lack of GUI. The players run a bit funny though, and I'm not talking about the blur...

No crashes with 10.5a here, Darren Hodgson.

6. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
  7. SolidMGSnake

SolidMGSnake Member

GPU:
    HIS / HD4850 IceQ4 /512mb
    Idk if this is apart of the gfx put I get all this macroblocking that overlays the screen. kinda annoying

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    That's the full screen post processing effects.
    (Might just have been called full screen effects or such.)

Meant to give a more atmospheric or cinematic look as if viewed via a camera or such, bit pixelated but I don't find it to look that bad.

9. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    Really dug the graphics except for the post proccecing gameplay was ok cant wait till it's released

10. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB

11. BlooHook

BlooHook Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW SLI
    I will say that I'm damn impressed with what I've seen thus far. I like the new graphic style and while it might not have overly impressive graphics it's a big improvement over the first game. Plus the minor attention to detail to fit the design style of the game (The "artifacting" of the graphics to simulate compression, the "Buffering" load screen) I thought was a nice touch. One gripe I do have though is still with the cover system... Gladly they actually devoted a button to take cover but it still was way too easy to break cover. Hopefully they'll fix that before the game comes out.

Overall I like was I'm seeing and I'll most likely be grabbing this. Maybe not a day one purchase, but definately before the year is over.

12. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    any other link download link instead of the Steam one?

13. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    You guys need to take off fullscreen effects, the game looks so much better without it.
    I played the game, just finish playing online and single player, 10+. Visuals are amazing, controls are perfect, shooting is a breeze. They storyline is ok. As for performance, 1280x1024 all max out, with full AA16Q something, 35-130fps. It only drops to around 35 when the action heats up, lots of it, other than that, mostly stays around 45 and sometimes 130fps depending on where i am standing at. Very smooth game.

14. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Played demo yesterday - this game is a winner. When playing SP on hard you really need to stick to cover and aim for heads pretty quickly - it's like a modern, HQ version of CS.

Also, the atmosphere is very well done and sucks you in right from the start. Interiors are well detailed & nice shadows, flicking lights, out on the street vehicles stop, drivers get out and start running away from you. Screams and sounds of breaking cars in the distance will warn you of police units approaching. When shooting starts the sound and the action really draws you in. While using cars as cover you also need to manage your ammo quite a lot, every dead guy drops weapons which can be swapped or just give you ammo, really realistic.

MP is even better, feels like an online simulation of 'Heat'. Love it. :)

Preordered!

Played in 1920 x 1200, 2xAA, 2xAF and had no stuttering or slowdowns.

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    4/10 doesn't sound very encouraging. Thought the PC demo was OK but nothing special, just another bog-standard third-person shooter with a unique (read: bit annoying) visual presentation. Enjoyable enough way to waste time but I didn't expect anything more beyond that, certainly nothing innovative or spectacular.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  17. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    The last time a reviewer gave Kane & Lynch a bad review he got fired !

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
  19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    That's one bad review... with two previous reviews already praising the game. And Giantbomb's review giving it a solid score, saying it's an enjoyable title that's just a bit short.

And, IIRC, Eurogamer also ripped FEAR 2 to pieces... while praising Killzone 2. And they even praised Killzone 2 for things they ripped on FEAR 2 about. They are not what I would call good reviewers.

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Installed, played, immediately uninstalled.

This game is horrid.

Game starts off out of nowhere, explains nothing. Camera angle is extremely annoying (its like a cloverfield hand held camera). Very very annoying lighting effects to try and make it look more like a handheld camera. Graphics are ok in places but there some low res textures (running maxed out 4xaa, 16xaf, 1920x1080, 60fps all the time).

I would be surprised if this game scored higher than a 5/10.

Pros:
    Decent gameplay nice cover system,
    A.I is tough even on medium,

Cons:
    Annoying camera mechanics,
    frustrating lighting effects,
    poor gun sounds,
    some low textures,
    crappy plot/story.

I actually prefer the original to this.

EDIT:
    Just read another post saying disable fullscreen effects... might try that out and see if improves it any.

EDIT2:
    Just played a little with "fullscreen effects" disabled and yes it does make the game a little more tolerable. But that is not good enough. In some places it makes the graphics look plain and worse than before, by showing just how low res the textures actually are. Also the cover system is flawed you can not aim around corners such as when your in cover and looking through a door you can only aim within the door frame and not in the door frames blind spots. Like in games such as Mafia 2 demo, and Rainbow Six Vegas.

This game is still fail if you ask me. Nice idea, but really really poor execution.

Also if this is the new Hitman engine then my hopes for that game have gone straight out the window.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010