Kadzait24 Watch Dogs MOD ( Game Files + XML ) WIP and download

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by kadzait24, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    When posting a mass of text like that it's best to use the spoiler tag, makes it easier for the rest of us to navigate the thread (same with big images etc) :)

2. Ramzesovich

Ramzesovich New Member

GPU:
    cross ati 5870 1Gb
    Explosion gas station, it's just animation Particle. If we manage to unpack *.dat files, then maybe there will be an explosion of these animations, or something interesting.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse

As I see it all those point to the assets being created directly for E3, the first part is textures and the second seems to indicate the entire gas station model was made for E3, probably as a demo so adding just the explosive effect would likely be difficult.
    (The third part seems to be about various civilians being set up in specific ways.)

Nothing new there really, a lot of games do it. :)
    (Oblivion back in 2006 has a few areas specifically for E3 which you can see in the editor for the game.)

EDIT: No idea how much the code has been cleaned up since then but it's possible the entire E3 area could be found within the game files and possibly be modified so it can be reached from within the game but it could also be that it's all deleted so it's just these loose assets left.
    (As a assumption I would guess it was a separate map entirely so there's no way to reach it, we don't have that world in the release version since it only contains "windy_city" as it's called.)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  4. Essenthy

Essenthy Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    you can unpack .dat file, but looking at the format of what finite found, its different from the current format the game is using for shaders, animatione ect ... except the .bin format, wich seems to be just a container ?

but am not sure about these, thats just what i deducted from browsing the game files myself too

5. lucasdursi

lucasdursi Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280x
    Hi, in the page 57, post #1403, AlphaZ says that... HE FOUND IT !

6. AlphaZ

AlphaZ Master Guru

GPU:
    TriSli 780ti
    The E3 Gas Station is a sequence and an object texture, im testing that. Since i found all that yesterday, posted it here.

I also managed to make the game load E3 maps, but sadly it stucks at 99% loading :D , it keeps there forever.

Its hard and its taking time, as well i improved beta 2 of the 5.0 with a lot of stuff and performance as well. Actually now here it doesnt even stutters at all anywhere, pretty cool. Using only 1 GTX 770.

7. Essenthy

Essenthy Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    hey Kadz do you think you can change the sun path ? this is what i noticed from watching the E3 demo , i found some sun settings on the RML files, but i didnt understand what they exactly do

[​IMG]

8. DiTella

DiTella New Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DCUII
    Hey alpha, can i be a beta tester? ty!

9. jamc

jamc Member

GPU:
    Msi R9 270x 2GB
    They should offer you a job or something. One man fixed the game in 20 days or something and keeps improving. Great job. Wish I could somehow help but I know nothing about game engines and game coding.

10. player

player Member

GPU:
    dv6
    damn waiting to try a beta since days which the author told me will send..still nothing!!

11. AlphaZ

AlphaZ Master Guru

GPU:
    TriSli 780ti
    Yeah, but those first 3 you name there is a joke made by the Ubi Devs actually, those are a coffee ad texture :D

e3_gaz_station_01 :

[​IMG]

:D :banana:

12. AsuraX

AsuraX Member

GPU:
    12G
    Few questions:

1. Is this mod going to be done soon? Are there available versions?
    2. Is it compatible with TheWorse mod?
    3. Can a GTX 670 run this at a solid 30 fps on high settings?
    4. Does the color gradient replace any sweetfx setting?
    5. Thanks for the mod!!

13. finite

finite Member

GPU:
    Nvidia/3gb
    A. 1 No available version currently, will be available publicly as soon as testing is complete.
    A 2. The worse mod has been created a completely different way so no it will not be compatible
    A.3 Unknown
    A 4 Sweet Fx is not used with anything that has been created with this Mod

It will work with the latest ubisoft patch

14. naboum

naboum New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950
    Lol it's funny that only one modder is actually working better than WD developpers team.

Also, is there a way that I can try the 5.0 v2 ?

15. finite

finite Member

GPU:
    Nvidia/3gb
    TBH I have been running and playing with V1 and even I have not yet had V2 so we all waiting now for something.

16. e_rene

e_rene Member

GPU:
    2-SLI Nvidia Ge Gtx 780ti
    I really don't get it.
    I've been waiting for days to test mod 5.0 and it has only been sent to a few people.
    I understand that it is beta, but I think it is up to every person if they want to try it or not and deal with the bugs/side effects.
    I was also one of the guys that directly PMed the guy who locked this thread saying that Kad was showing amazing results in YouTube and he was only waiting for this thread to be re-opened in order to share his mod. Minutes later, I got the message saying that the thread was re-opened and I posted the first comment after that.
    I already sent PM's to Kad in YouTube and I got no response.

I don't know.. and please don't get me wrong.. I really appreciate what Kadzait is doing. It's just that I think he should be sharing his progress instead of just having everyone impatient waiting and waiting.
    Just saying, and thanks for the good work by the way.

17. Iron-IC-Man

Iron-IC-Man Banned

GPU:
    HD7970 (Dual-X) 3GB 1.2V
    e_rene

I have the beta, But can't link it unless i post a few more times.

18. Brentonious

Brentonious New Member

GPU:
    GTX 770 OC 2GB
    This is very good news based on my system setup, hopefully there will be some sort of a public release here shortly, or you could just pm me the info :p

19. drrastovac

drrastovac Member

GPU:
    gtx780ti OC
    Man, i beeg for 5.0 beta- 5 days, and sent you a lots of mesage on youtube and guru, and nothing from you. And now you are going send to all user 5.0 v2, i dont understand, what to do to get 5.0 v2? Obviously pm you is not working, or is working for some user.

20. kokonolol

kokonolol New Member

GPU:
    evga geforce gtx 650 ti
    Hello, I've been reading this thread from page 1 but to be honest, I found myself lost later on pages 22- 25 AlphaZ is kadzait? I downloaded mod 2.0 but I read he's testing 5.0 so I want to test 4.0 if it was released, can someone please provide a link to download it? thanks.
    Me parece que kaid habla español asi que porfa kaid pasame algun link saludos desde Perú :D

PlutaXD likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.