1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just WOW STAR CITIZEN OFFERS THE LEGATUS PACK FOR $27,000 USD, REQUIRES HAVING SPENT $1,000+ JUST TO

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by mtrai, May 28, 2018.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Unless you can "update" your backer-ship for another $1k to be able to spend those $27k :D
    Honestly, the more you experiment with such ideas, the more the "normal" abuse we have to deal with by publishers like EA suddenly only feels like a little pain compared to having both your knees broken with sums like this.

That being said, I'm more than willing to spend the price of a full game on this when it gets some sort of release and a full singleplayer campaign.

2. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Hence the qualifier 'feels like' at the start of his post. As others have said what other game has add on content that comes even close to $27,000 in value but not only that asks players to stump up a $1,000 of in game purchases before they can even view the content of this $27,000 and all for a product that isn't even finished? Weather SC as a whole is a scam or not this specific promotion certainly comes across as a scam at worst and horribly consumer unfriendly at best.

airbud7, chispy and fantaskarsef like this.
  3. rcole134

rcole134 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    $27,000 dollars for over 100 digital ships and extra items that go towards the creation of a game or what about the Ethereal Pink War Dog from DOTA 2 that was sold for £38,000 USD or what about the Echoing Fury mace from Diablo 3 that sold for $14,000 USD. All of these items have 1 certain thing in common, you didn't and don't have to buy them to enjoy the game. The difference is the $27,000 helps CIG. The other 2 didn't. My point? You don't have to spend the money but if you've already spent above $1000 and would like to support the game further (of which you'll get a tonne load of digital ships etc) then feel free. (FREE being the important part of that sentence) If your a person has only every purchased just the game package, which is all you should do, or you've spent below the $1000 then you don't even see a lot of there more expensive packages. Basically it boils down to this, FREE choice to buy and support or not. Its good business and I see nothing wrong with it. Could be worse? They could be doing an EA.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    The difference? With EA you spend 200$ on a game and get something, with SC you spend over 100 times the ammount. Please help me understand what's the better thing to do. EA makes it's money over many small abuses, SC seems to make much money with few people. The difference is that not everybody is able to even buy such a large package, when EA offers it to everybody. Yes, please help me understand, as I can't see why this is better than EA.

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Neither of those items are being sold by the developer. That DOTA item was an in-game rare drop that someone sold on the market and someone was dumb enough to buy it.

And I don't know how it could be worse. This is an early access game with an insane level of micro-transactions that EA and Activision could only dream about.

6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Here's the question, and it really is a simple one. IF EA were doing exactly what CIG are doing would people be willing to step up and defend them for it?