1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just upgraded E4400 to E7500

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by cozee, Aug 19, 2009.

1. cozee

cozee Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 260GTX x2Freezer
    Ive just upgraded my E4400 oc'd at 3.33ghz for a E7500,they were cheap £75 from AT so I thought great upgrade.
    A while back I was mythed about my 4400 bottle necking my 4850 everyone responded with a No its not likely well according to 3d 06 it was.

The E4400 at 3.33ghz would throw me a score somewhere between 12400 and 12600 even overclocking the card made no difference at all,not a bean.
    The E7500 at stock 2.9ghz gave me a score of just under 13000{12989}
    I then have overclocked it and managed to get{upto now} on stock volts,prime 95 runned for 6hrs at 3.7Ghz resulting in a score of 13355 im now goin to overclock the card.
    I would however like some help with the overclocking of the CPU im pretty much sure it cant/wont go much further on stock volts can it?
    Ive never been used to the commando's hugh array of voltage options so can i have some help please regarding getting to 4.0ghz.
    I can get into windows at 400x11 but it locked up{i wasnt expecting it to get that far}
    I need help with the voltages what they all do,well its mainly the not so common ones,i KNOW vcore,NBcore are for and the RAM volts but what about the rest can someone give me a short guide on what voltages to use and their esatimated settings?
    Ive dropped the multi and can get a FSB of 420 but that was with voltages on AUTO,also the temps are under stress 44-46oC on both cores at stock volts at 3.7Ghz.
    Im goin to invest in a better cooler next week but ive got head room with this surely,?!?!
    Any help would be hughly appreciatted.
    best regards....cozee

2. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    if u can boot at 420fsb then the only thing ull need to up is the vcore..the other voltages have to do with NB/SB/Ram etc...but if lowered the cpu multi and ran that high of an fsb stable..then up the multi and vcore...
    honestly though if u have stock cooler i wouldnt push it much further...
    ..also are u running p95 small fft's?...

3. cozee

cozee Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 260GTX x2Freezer
    3800mhz and ram at 1140mhz.

im using a akasa evo blue cooler.

Ive ran P95 in all 3 options to make sure i got it right.
    Im now at 3.8ghz and just completed a hr of P95 in small fft's and stopped it to go bump it up some more.
    Ive used everest stability test also which showed drops in the ram voltage so I dunno if this is right but i put the ram at its stock volts and did a +10mv on the Ram controller its flat lining this time so im getting no drops in any of the voltages,yet!
    Which is best to use in p95 small,large fft's?
    thanks bud//..cozee

4. MM10X

MM10X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    3.8 with stock volts?!

BTW that is bullsh*t, your 4400 did NOT bottleneck your graphics card. go look at REAL game performance! 3dmark 06 will bottleneck any CPU. even a core i7 cannot release the full potential of GTX 295's in quad SLI in 06. ;)

run a GPU-bound benchmark like 3dmark vantage or 3dmark 03.

5. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    for cpu small fft's are best...
    as far as the cpu being a bottleneck...clock for clock they should perform about the same..fps may differ 1-2fps considering the e7 series has 1more mb cache..however
    the overclocking potential of the e7 series is higher and will give u an increase in fps period.

regardless of that..unless u game on small resolutions..ur cpu shouldnt bottleneck ur system when ur at 3+ghz

3dmark06 is going to test the cpu..and cpu vs cpu the e7 is a little better..given the extra cache so the score is really a very minor increase..and if u have results from old 3dmark06 vs new..compare the fps difference of the games..not the cpu marks..see how big/small they are..at the same speed of course :)

6. cozee

cozee Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 260GTX x2Freezer
    ill disregard ur comment MM10X obviously ur a I thats right!
    So if there was no bottle neck then why when i overclocked the card it made no difference at all to the stock settings and how comes I get higher scores in 3d 06 as well,people like u shouldnt comment you need to take a leaf outta DementeD's book and give some worth while info,BS ur right ur full of it.

Thanks DementeD for that explaination and help exactly why the forums here not to tell someone they speak BS and whats the ? for with 3.8 on stock[if stock is 1.3625] what u want proof????
    ill only be too happy to leave it running alnight for u.it did 6 hrs and it was me who stopped it.
    Forums dont need uninformative people like you that think you know it all when really you just pick bits outta other peoples posts.or are a little green eyed.
    Thanks again.
    For some reason it needs a hike in vcore after 3.8ghz to run stable,im gonna get a new cooler first this evo blue is crap now a days

7. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    enjoy it :) ..and honestly i dont even do 6hrs of prime..i do about an hr or so..or run Linx(for i7) ..if it makes it through an hour of that..imo nothing else will stress it as hard to worry about a crash...but thats just me..some people wont consider a system stable til its 8hrs prime stable...but to me thats making the cpu run at 100% load with high temps for 8hrs..not something i care to do...imo itll only degrade the chip faster..but..thats just my opinion on it..

8. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    hmm i got my e8400 for £90 so ure deal wernt that good realy :/ :/ but ohh wellits still a upgrade :D

9. MM10X

MM10X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    i was simply saying that 3.8 on stock volts is impressive, if that is what you are getting. if volts are on auto then its not stock, i'de like to see a CPU-z shot cause thats quite cool.

also, i was trying to say that 3dmark 06 is mostly CPU bound, and it is obvious that you will get a performance increase in 06 with any CPU. though you wont see much of a performance gain at all in games.

sorry i did not explain myself more, thats all i was trying to say.

10. cozee

cozee Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 260GTX x2Freezer
    yeah i had to go with the 7500,because of the asus commando isnt to great on high FSB,a E8xxx is a 1333mhz FSB,I needed 1066mhz FSB,the 7500 was all thats at hand.

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    I had an e7200 before. It worked fine. My mobo could only go up to around 3.2 ghz and remain stable sadly.

12. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    Cozee... MM10X is right, there was no bottleneck to the GPU at those clocks... If you were to go for an upgrade, you should have gone for a cheap quad or an E8400 or similar to be honest :\

13. cozee

cozee Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 260GTX x2Freezer
    why??
    If id of gone down the E8xxx route id needed to buy a new mobo:slap:
    and quad core I couldnt find any 1066mhz'ers in stock and like i said a 1333mhz'er would of required a new mobo.

14. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
  15. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    I laughed.
    Sorry Cozee :(

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    The extra cache might help out some in the e8 series, but not a big huge difference. Here's an e7200 at 4ghz

[​IMG]

18. cozee

cozee Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 260GTX x2Freezer
    yeah i know it supports it,some people arent reading what ive wrote it maxes out at 417mhz FSB which wont leave much overclocking head room for a 1333mhz chip.
    talking to myself.
    i appreciatte ur help but ill say it once again the FSB maxes out at 417mhz 410mhz stable why buy a E8xxx series?
    Im gonna get a i5 next week and sell this board,chip and memory.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Then why even bother buying a new processor to begin with??

20. cozee

cozee Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 260GTX x2Freezer
    have u got OCD.
    I bought a 1066mhz the last of the line and the best a E7xxx series.
    Im sitting at 4.0GHZ which is ideal
    plus this was bought almost 4 months ago now,I got 6GB corsair DDR3 in a deal so i only need board and chip which im getting for early x-mas present off the women,anything else sir?