Just too cool??

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by coldfirenj, Mar 10, 2004.

1. coldfirenj

coldfirenj Member

GPU:
    BFG FX 5950
    For whatever reason, my overclocked BGF FX 5950 (with 540/1050 OC) hardly ever breaks 45-48C. Even under hours of playing. Now, I am not bragging about my crazy cooling, I don't have any! I jus tkeep the side of my PC open for cooling, but other than that, no fans. If my 5950 running as it should?? SHouldn't I be generating a little more heat?? Thanks!

2. Grimreeper

Grimreeper Active Member

GPU:
    8800GTS
    thats about what my 5900u ran at those clock speeds with the side closed.bfg has real nice cooling so ur prob on the money

3. Chouji

Chouji Ancient Guru

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    nope, bfg's has great cooling solutions on their 5900nu and 5950u's.. however i think their 5900u's use the blower and baseid 5900u cooling.

Sounds about right..

4. Šporget

Šporget Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT
    It should be generating a lot more heat maybe your temp. probe is not working properly.

5. General Lee

General Lee High-tech Redneck

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 650tiBOOST 2GB
    Actually, you're probably only looking at the card while it's in 2D mode. That's about right for those temps. Also, when working under 3D mode for a bit, the card will heat up, and when switching back to 2D, it cools down pretty quick. Use Rivatuner's Hardware Monitor to see how warm it gets during a benchmark, such as 3DMark03.

6. jimmor

jimmor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA8800GTS 512Mb
    cold firenj quote:

I just keep the side of my PC open for cooling,

---------------------------------------------

that is the best way to run it as everything is operating at max ambient of your room and not the inside of your case!

inside case temp's are very uncontrolable, because on how many fans blowing in and sucking out and how much air involved.

the best next stage for you would be to have a extra fan blowing directly at your card making sure that the air flows accross both sides of card.

now all you have to do is make sure your room airconditioning is working good during the summer months.

7. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    I disagree jimmor, my PC runs hotter with the side open. If you have as many fans and a good flow like I have it will actually run cooler b/c you have a wind blowing over everything, now if you have the case off and a desk fan blowing in then that would be cooler. You have to move the hot air away from the components and the faster the better (or louder ;))

8. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    What are you crying about dude, your card runs cooler you should be happy :p