Just to be Clear...

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools' started by cupper24, Sep 23, 2008.

1. cupper24

cupper24 Guest

GPU:
    HIS 6950 2GB (860/1300)
    Ray,

Here's the steps I take to disable OD5 for my 3870, and use ATT's OC profiles:

-I close ATT
    -Go into the .ini file and change opt no overdrive=0 to =1
    -I save the changes
    -Go into services and disable ATI HK Poller
    -Restart
    -Create a 2D and 3D OC profile

First, I want to make sure my method is not flawed. Am I missing any steps?

Second, do I need to edit the .ini file, or does disabling the Hotkey Poller from Services disable Overdrive anyway without the .ini edit?

cupper24

2. cupper24

cupper24 Guest

GPU:
    HIS 6950 2GB (860/1300)
    To explain why I posted this a little better, I am trying to troubleshoot another spell of ati2dvag.dll BSODs ('infinite loop' problem).

I've tried to enable/disable write combining

It occurs when only ATT is installed, and when CCC is installed, therefore obviously neither of these driver control programs are the issue. Since ati2dvag is display driver related, I thought I would experiment by enabling/disabling Overdrive.

Also, I have flashed my BIOS to latest HIS release, and then the problem began... again. I have recently flashed back to the 075.002 release from December. I use the "regular" HIS 3870 BIOS, even though I have "Turbo" edition, because non of the Turbo BIOSes I've ever tried have been stable. I have a thread in the ATI-Videocard sections describing my GPU problems in greater detail than this, but here I was just wanting to make sure my procedures are good before proceeding incorrectly ;)

cupper24

3. cupper24

cupper24 Guest

GPU:
    HIS 6950 2GB (860/1300)
    ??? Should I take that as a yes?

:)

cupper24