Just Returned the F***ing Z-680

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Dec 30, 2004.

1. davaid

davaid Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 280.
    My story is well known in this forum, as I have asked several questions and got some suggestions, and here is the ice... after a long period of suffering with the Z-680 ..... so what happened...??????

Just returned the ****ing z-680 cuz of the hissing and bad high's and returned to my origional Inspire 4.1 , believe me or not these 4.1 are away higher than the z-680 in terms of high's and EAX implementation....... but the subwoofer is poor the z-680 one is away more better...... but for the value no way get the 4.1 or any creative speakers as they are the best and I repeat CREATIVE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!1

I have listened to people here about their suggestions and discovered that the 4.1 Creative are away better than the 200 $ z-680????????????!!!!!!!!

Way to go Creative stick with u for ever......

2. lilbump3000

lilbump3000 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB DDR Ram
    Davaid you confuse me alot. I mean yea at first you were upset about the Z-680's then you did something then you liked them. You was on the forum talking about how great they sounded and all that. Now what happened? The hissing just brought you back to reality and you couldn't stand it anymore?

Im just wondering.

But to tell everybody the truth and a im so serious i cant hear no type of hiss from my Z-680's unless i put my ears right on the speaker. I guess i cant hear any because when im not using i basicly have the volume turned down to zero. Now if i leave my control pod a little pass the half way mark then it becomes a little bit noticeable when im not using them but other than that im fine.

I guess i was one of the lucky ones to get a perfect set, but i dont want to talk to soon.

3. PcKSnipE

PcKSnipE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800GT with Nv-5
    The hiss? There was a hiss for the Z-680's, which annoyed many people, so Logitech offered a free exchange for newer versions of the Z-680 with no hiss. If u goto a shop right now and buy a Z-680, there will definitly be no hiss. Logitech does not suck, it is simply the best out there for value of money :) I am currently loving my 5500's

4. Agent007edc

Agent007edc Master Guru

GPU:
    Winfast Geforce 6800 @ 365/770
    Been happy with my 680's for about 2 years now. Mine have a slight hiss, but only when nothing is playing and the volume is kind of loud. The only problem I had with mine was when my head unit fritzed out. All I did was send them my head unit and my power cable (cut from the sub) and they sent me a whole new set of speakers about a week later.

5. lilbump3000

lilbump3000 Master Guru

GPU:
    Agent007edc mines the same as yours. I have a slight hiss only when nothing is playing and my control pod is past half-way. I been enjoying mines for about a year in a half now.

6. dboniuk

dboniuk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX980 Gaming 4096MB
    What the heck do you mean by better EAX implementation anyway? AFAIK EAX is implemented on your sound card.

DJB

7. davaid

davaid Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 280.
    Well, when u play EAX supported games and at the environments of the game where EAX technology is being implemented u can clearly hear every EAX related thing regarding of how minor it is (Thanks to the incrediable high's - or treble's - of the Inspire 4.1), such as the echo generated when a bullet is reflected back upon the wall of the 1 mile away (Half Life 2 the water intensive level), the hit of the edge of the water towards the cave wall, and that's on the Inspire 4.1...... While on the Z-680 it seems that the sound is choked........ and there is no difference with or without the EAX implementations - maybe a minor one.

The subwoofer is a thing on the Z-680 no doubt about it, but for the power and clarity of sound will exuse me but u must hear the Inspire 4.1 and judge yourself about them.....

Remmember I am upset cuz I got the Z-680 @ $ 305 and the Inspire @ $ 61 (at their release date) and later I found out that these babies are better than the Z-680 except for the bass....... however the Inspire one's still offer a great amount of adequate bass.........

Last edited: Jan 1, 2005
  8. dboniuk

dboniuk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX980 Gaming 4096MB
    Well, hearing is of course subjective.

I can tell you that properly tweaked, I beleive that I hear every subtle sound that EAX produces with my 680s. There are times when I am utterly amazed at the surround sound. Very immersive.

However, if I could be equally, or more satisfied, for $61; well, I would be a happy camper.

DJB

9. lilbump3000

lilbump3000 Master Guru

GPU:
    See thats the problem with people and logitech speakers. They dont know how to properly configure or tweak and balance the sats with the sub so they can sound like one system as a whole instead of the sub overpowering the sats or you have the sub underpowering meaning having it set to low and the sats is overpowering the sub.

10. Coolppl

Coolppl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForceFX 5600 VIVO 128MB
    Then thats a problem with logitech's designs in speakers since all I have done for my Inspire 6.1 6600's is set it to the recommended level of bass on my vol control and the sub pumps out nice bass :)

anyways it depends on whether ur looking for low frequency window shaking bass or high clarity sounds through DVD-Audio/HDCD from a Audigy 2 ;P