Just Purchased 9800XT

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by DegreeZ, Oct 26, 2003.

1. DegreeZ

DegreeZ Member

GPU:
    Ati Radeon 9800XT
    Hello,

I just purchased the Ati 9800XT. I have always used Nvidia cards, but decided to switch to Ati for a change. Quick question. I currently have the 3.8 drivers installed, and they are giving me some problems. I was wondering how to completely uninstall all the drivers, and ati stuff on my Hard Drive. I went to control panel and uninstalled from there, then loaded on the 3.7... but it still says the 3.8 are being used.

Thanks,

2. cloudman

cloudman Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus CU II GTX 780
    The 3.8's install a new ati removal tool you can find it in add/remove section. I'ts called ati uninstaller.

3. Tseng

Tseng Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970M
    Are you sure your problems are caused by Catalyst 3.8? To me, both drivers works just fine. Not too much difference in term of performance. But Catalyst 3.8 has fewer bugs compare with the 3.7.

4. DegreeZ

DegreeZ Member

GPU:
    Ati Radeon 9800XT
    Well, since this is my first ati card, i really having nothing to compare these 3.8 drivers to... so i guess i will stick with them.

Btw, i downloaded a program called RadLinker, but it doesn't want to run. When i double click on the icon nothing happens. Is there another good program out there that tweaks ati variables?

Thanks,

5. shades3k

shades3k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512MB
    Rage3d tweak.

6. DegreeZ

DegreeZ Member

GPU:
    Ati Radeon 9800XT
    thanks,