Just got a 20" Acer LCD and now vlc doesn't work

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by bobber205, Jul 14, 2007.

1. bobber205

bobber205 Member

GPU:
    Evga/ Geforce 7600 Gt/ 256
    I just setup my new 20" widescreen LCD monitor from ACER. Awesome picture quality so far and no dead pixels! hooray! :D

But when I tried to open several different video files in both QT and VLC, and several differnet formats, there was no video. Just audio and a black screen where the video should have been. These files are good as I just watched some of them on my old dell CRT.

What's up?

I tried playing WoW and some youtube video and they worked. Are there drivers for my monitor? I have a 7600 256 GT. I also tried some video in iTunes and they look great! :D
    This is on XP.

It's like I'm playing a video of just black frames. That's it. Its' totally weird.

I even tried reinstalling VLC. No luck.
    Tried adding the file I've been testing (Mario Galaxy video) to iTunes and boom! it played just fine.

2. MASTERTRICK

MASTERTRICK Master Guru

GPU:
    CF 5850
    Try Gom player / ALshow ( freeware and very similar to vlc )

3. savalord

savalord Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC 512mb 625mhz
    I just got a 22inch widescreen pretty nice one but it does have a stuck pixel I cant seem to fix (any helpers on that?) Well I have VLC and GOM Player and both of them works for me. I just wish some games would support widescreen more. Like I cant play NFSU2, NFSMW, NFSCarbon or Madden 07 in native mode but this monitor has a pretty nice scale mode built in.

4. sam3000

sam3000 Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX970
    I wonder if it could be a directdraw issue (which I think is what vlc uses). does XP have the correct driver loaded for your new display? or maybe a better of putting this question is - have you tried installing the latest monitor driver from Acer for your new display?

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Try media player classic...best media player out there imo...

And i dont mean the one built into windows.

Google for CCCP and you will see what i mean.

6. CdFire

CdFire New Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX OC
    I agree, I made the mistake of installing media player 11 of which don't play half the stuff as classic does. Always says something about need this codec or that codec when I know for a fact I have such installed. Classic always plays what 11 can't.

7. xaueious

xaueious Member

GPU:
    ATI HD3200 Onboard
    Google CCCP
    Run CCCP insurgent and remove junk
    Run CCCP pack to install
    Run QT Alternative
    Run RealPlayer Alternative

This setups allows you to run anything at all. Last two steps depend on need.