Just dropped 5k in 3dmark01 for no reason

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dukeman, Jan 10, 2005.

1. dukeman

dukeman Guest

my system has been running great. today i ran 3dmark01 for the heck of it and it has dropped from 22k to 17k for no reason. i have 66.93 and the latest chipset drivers. i did not do anything to the system. i have no spyware that is doing this.

all my temps are great, no reboots, no reason what so ever. has anyone had this happen to them?

2. chupacabraSVK

chupacabraSVK Member Guru

why the hell do u care about 3dm01 ?

3. dukeman

dukeman Guest

what i care about is it just dropped for no reason. plus i am getting lower fps

4. Sobe

Sobe Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    Mabye he just wants to know why his computer is under-performing :boggle:

5. dukeman

dukeman Guest

i just ran 3dmark03 and it dropped 1.1k. fastwrites are off in bios and in control panel. this is baffling me. also this load of windows is less then 2 weeks old.

6. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FE
    Did you switch V-sync? If it's always on, your score will be dramatically lower.

7. dukeman

dukeman Guest

v-sync is always off

8. bbvdd2

bbvdd2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 960 WHITE SLI
    AA or AF on?

9. dukeman

dukeman Guest

i have it set to high perfor, no aa or as.

it is acting like it is on.

i just loaded 67:02 and that brought it back up to 18.6, still 5k short of what it was.

i noticed when i loaded painkiller the game was choppy when the begining part was loading up until the main screen. i am thinking it is a windows problem not a driver.

10. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFI R9 390
    Maybe your PS is slowly slipping into madness?

Also have you tried restarting your PC since you noticed the drop?

11. dukeman

dukeman Guest

i dont think it is the ps. it is enermax 465w and there is no stability problems. i have done many reboots because i have reloaded all drivers with no improvement.

12. dukeman

dukeman Guest

is fastwrites supposed to be on? i cant turn them off for the gpu

13. ManofGod

ManofGod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    I suggest downloading this utility and making sure windows recognizes the correct agp settings that are in the bios.

AGP Memory program link'

I remember having an issue that showed the agp mem as on 6mb at one time. It made all my games run worse. Hope this helps.

Joe

14. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    I see you have overclocked you CPU. Maybe your processor just doesn't like it up in these hights. Just as with GPU, CPU's slow down/benches get worse once you go over the optimal MHz number. Try reducing the CPU a bit and see what happens!

15. dukeman

dukeman Guest

its been running at this speed for over 1 month. i did a bios update last week and did not run any tests until last night. i think the update did it. i am going to roll back to the original bios and see if that fixes it.

16. Intelman

Intelman Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire 4870 512MB
    If you set a refreashrate override, that will lower your score and FPS, Warning!!!

17. dukeman

dukeman Guest

i am using the same override that i always have so i dont think that is it. i am serious when i say nothing has changed, no software was added or removed.

it is just plain wierd.

18. gvarv

gvarv New Member

GPU:
    Vega56 - LC
    GART?

Your 3dmark drop reminds me of the drop I suffered when I did a reinstall with winXP and used a version of nforce drivers without GART drivers.

Theory:
    Flashing the bios caused windows to redect mainboard and defaulting to microsoft drivers for your system.

Solution:
    Reinstall nforce chipset drivers. Possibly force the install of GART drivers.

19. Trelawney

Trelawney Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce 5900 Ultra 256Mb
    After a BIOS update, the most suggestive idea is to check your RAM timing, your CPU clocking, AGP settings, and using any PC utilities to check driver settings.

Pushing clock frequencies too far can create write errors, which may cause stuttering.

The only other things I can suggest is to check for any unnecessary background Programs/Services that are eating up CPU.

The danger of testing after many things have changed is having to systematically eliminate things one by one, and rollbacks often leave you none the wiser what caused an issue.

Good luck!

20. Toxic Worrier

Toxic Worrier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275
    " i am using the same override that i always have so i dont think that is it. i am serious when i say nothing has changed, no software was added or removed.
    it is just plain wierd."

uuuh huh !

Dude, If you R using any refreshrate overide in the Nvidia control panel,,,Your scores will drop just about that much...Even if your screen looks goofy while running 3Dmark 2001, don't use the overide... But you said you just upgraded your bios....That probably changed a setting that you don't know diddley squat about and Bamm,,,,a slower score..I bet you can change fastwrites also,,maybe you don't know where to look..Check with the Chaintek gurus...They can tell you.. You don't need it enabled....It suckx :D good luck

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005